Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Santheb posted:

God I have no idea why they took this out. Being able to match up your best DB with the guys best WR (who they always move to the slot for extra OP-ness) was a good feature that won me plenty of games. Ever since its been pretty difficult trying to match DeAngelo Hall up with Dez or DeSean or Calvin, and instead they get to beat up on my other, even more terrible DBs. Really hope they sneak that one back in there.

Oh and I'm calling the SpeedSkins for the PS4 league.

Every feature they take out is so they can can re-introduce it a couple years later as some new great "feature".

And I'm pretty sure the original players get first pick for their team. Or at least hope they do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Santheb posted:

Oh and I'm calling the SpeedSkins for the PS4 league.

I should probably make a thread for this in the next month or so because I feel like it's gonna fill up fast.

PS vikes are mine

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

jabro posted:

Every feature they take out is so they can can re-introduce it a couple years later as some new great "feature".

And I'm pretty sure the original players get first pick for their team. Or at least hope they do.

Just wanted to let whatever dirty XBoxer that thought that the Skins would be fun to play with this year that they have been spoken for. And so it was.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets

jabro posted:

by original players do you mean the PS3 league goons or the current PS4 league goons?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

The Piper posted:

by original players do you mean the PS3 league goons or the current PS4 league goons?

Half the PS3 guys probably won't be back. PS4 guys definitely get their pick first. Your J E T S are safe, nobody in PS3 had them anyway.

For Xbox guys, we'll figure something out. I don't expect there to be any civil wars

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I think I may tentatively call the Eagles on the PS4 league if that's cool? My birthday is coming up in a month, might as well treat myself. (And I never owned a PS3, so I can always revisit some games like Uncharted and The Last of Us I never got to play).

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

89 posted:

I think I may tentatively call the Eagles on the PS4 league if that's cool? My birthday is coming up in a month, might as well treat myself. (And I never owned a PS3, so I can always revisit some games like Uncharted and The Last of Us I never got to play).

Probably fine considering I've had the Eagles for the past two years and I'm going back to the Vikings

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Depending on whether or not I get a new job to be able to afford a PS4 soon, I tentatively claim the TitansOilers.

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.

Shots fired.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Opponent previous play history online will own. My outside zone strong strategy won't be as effective in league play tho :cry:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I dunno, it doesn't sound that impressive when you hear it as:

"Why don't you develop an entirely new game flat footed after we boxed you out legally 9 years ago?"

I would hope they'd be confidant after 26 uninterrupted years making the same game when their competition has to start from scratch. Realistically that's, what, 3 years development time before they can release a game?

To me it's less like a boxer calling out an opponent and more like if Tonya Harding had crowbar'd Kerrigan's leg herself and then started talking smack about taking her to school if she recovered.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmlurMT453E

Here's some pure gameplay

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
Man, still the same lovely ps3 animations.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Oh man, Jim and Phil again :fuckoff:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

IMB posted:

Man, still the same lovely ps3 animations.

I swear to god I'm seeing like Madden 2011-12 era animations in there (or whatever the last one I bought was). Why does it always look so janky? Like, hey the textures and lighting are upgraded but the way everyone moves is just... weird. That vid Scud linked left me the exact opposite of impressed.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone think/know if there will be an NFL-themed Xbone bundle that includes Sunday Ticket a la the Madden deal from last year? I was thinking of picking up a Bone but I don't want to buy it and find out I missed out on Sunday ticket less than a month later.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I will be back for sure as buffalo in the ps4 league. Just gotta make the move and finally buy one.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'm definitely in for the Eagles on PS4. Buying a PS4 tomorrow.

Anybody else getting amped up about people involved in the SA league streaming the league games, and easily sharing awesome videos? I think that's gonna add a whole new level of awesomeness to madden alone.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Joe Montana is somehow involved in a new football videogame.

Yup.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

He better be talking about sports in it.

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP

89 posted:

I'm definitely in for the Eagles on PS4. Buying a PS4 tomorrow.

Anybody else getting amped up about people involved in the SA league streaming the league games, and easily sharing awesome videos? I think that's gonna add a whole new level of awesomeness to madden alone.

We only had like 12 people in the ps4 league this year and we still had some good streaming times and nice vids uploaded, can't wait for a full league.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Man, I just played Madden 25 after like 3 months of only playing the Show for sports games.

Madden is terible. The physics are skatey, players bend into all kinds of unnatural positions, even stats with a clear meaning like speed don't seem to matter in practice. It's amazing.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Large amount of in game footage.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I haven't played Madden since 13, how much micro transaction bullshit has EA added to the game or have they contained that all around the Ultimate League which I don't care about?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I haven't played Madden since 13, how much micro transaction bullshit has EA added to the game or have they contained that all around the Ultimate League which I don't care about?

MUT is most of it.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005

Man, I'm going to buy this and probably enjoy it ... but the presnap animations and presentation are still TERRIBLE. Why is it so hard to make this game actually look like football?

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

IMB posted:

Man, I'm going to buy this and probably enjoy it ... but the presnap animations and presentation are still TERRIBLE. Why is it so hard to make this game actually look like football?
What of presentation is so terrible to you?

IMB
Jan 8, 2005

real_scud posted:

What of presentation is so terrible to you?

The in-game stuff looks ok, but once the ball dies, and everything goes to canned animations, everyone looks like mindless robots.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

IMB posted:

The in-game stuff looks ok, but once the ball dies, and everything goes to canned animations, everyone looks like mindless robots.
Actually all of the post-game celebration stuff is all in-game now which is why you don't see cut-away's to celebration stuff.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Are they gonna offer Sunday drat Ticket with this thing again or what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

89 posted:

Are they gonna offer Sunday drat Ticket with this thing again or what.
Don't think so but then again last year none of us on the team even knew that was happening until the ads came out, so maybe it'll be another last minute thing.

• Locked thread