Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I just picked this up and I'm wondering if anyone has a good video review/brief overview of how it's played. I won't get to play it for a few days and I want to go in with an idea of how it all works in action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNP0V1mCbDk

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

That was a blast. Khorne won although we aren't sure if we were reading the rules right. Do you get one tick per region you kill a guy in or one tick per guy killed in a region?

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
One advancement token per region, killing 4 guys in one region will still only be one advancement token (not tick)

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Len posted:

That was a blast. Khorne won although we aren't sure if we were reading the rules right. Do you get one tick per region you kill a guy in or one tick per guy killed in a region?

Note that the person who fulfills the most dial advancement conditions in one turn gets two dial advancements. All other players get one dial advancement. If there is a tie for the most, nobody gets the double advancement.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Len posted:

Khorne cannot get more than one token per region per battle.

Also, just to be clear, no one can tick more than twice per turn and that's only if one person collects the most dial advancement counters.

You tick 0, 1 or 2 times in a turn; never more than that, no matter how many counters you collect.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Some Numbers posted:

Also, just to be clear, no one can tick more than twice per turn and that's only if one person collects the most dial advancement counters.

You tick 0, 1 or 2 times in a turn; never more than that, no matter how many counters you collect.

Alright so we were doing it half right. One token per region but we apparently didn't read right and tokens were equaling click. Still it was a blast to play.

Although our Khorne was the worst murder god and killed a single cultist off of double battle phases from a blood thirster.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

Some Numbers posted:

One token per region per phase - he can't get two tokens for using that card that makes a second battle happen.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Len posted:

Alright so we were doing it half right. One token per region but we apparently didn't read right and tokens were equaling click. Still it was a blast to play.

Although our Khorne was the worst murder god and killed a single cultist off of double battle phases from a blood thirster.

Yeah, Khorne has a big problem in that he relies on the dice. If the dice don't go his way, he can get into a position where he simply can't win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Yeah, about that. Has anyone ever tried some kind of edit to this game's combat system to shrink the variance? Ideally of course this would not empower or weaken Khorne - who seems to have his fair 25% or so winrate under rules as written by all measures I've seen and trust - but simply smooth it out.

So, thoughts? I figure more predictable killing = more predictable dial token counts for Khorne = a much easier life for Tzentch and Slaneeesh trying to outperform or at least match Khorne = a tighter strategic experience? Also, those of us who aren't statisticians won't be left scratching our heads so drat much wondering "odds of Bloodthirster + Cultist 5 dice kill 2 upgraded Slanessh cultists????" and so on.

SuperKlaus fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jul 31, 2014

• Locked thread