Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?
Just to further boggle your minds, here's some Qualia the Purple-related news happening in real life:

Scientists show future events decide what happens in the past

That's right, Australian scientists have come to the same conclusion that Gaku came to during her introspection on the Anthropic Principle: the rules of the present are decided by events in the future that retroactively affected the past.

And, as Tenjou was postulating in her infodump at the beginning of the manga, they have proven that "reality does not exist if you are not looking at it.”

Mad world though, innit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
This is one of those series that is great, but would make for an amazing slice of life show.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Mr. Fowl posted:

This is one of those series that is great, but would make for an amazing slice of life show.

I would love a 4koma version of this.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Mr. Fowl posted:

I think what makes this series great is that it starts off looking like it's going to be just that, with a goofy twist, and then suddenly Quantum God.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

FutureCop posted:

Just to further boggle your minds, here's some Qualia the Purple-related news happening in real life:

Scientists show future events decide what happens in the past

That's right, Australian scientists have come to the same conclusion that Gaku came to during her introspection on the Anthropic Principle: the rules of the present are decided by events in the future that retroactively affected the past.

And, as Tenjou was postulating in her infodump at the beginning of the manga, they have proven that "reality does not exist if you are not looking at it.”

Mad world though, innit?

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Yayyy I finished this manga! Two years after I started reading. So you know, this is your typical post where I thank the two goons translators.

About the end

The letter would imply she dies at some point. Maybe in this "final" universe at some much later point than before. In any case, we can also consider Yukari's argument in the second-to-last part, where she says she should save herself, with her own strength.
We could interpret that together the final chapter as having a different, more positive timeline from all the other ones because Gaku focused on being a good friend, and assuring Alice and Tenjou would also friends of Yukari (which it was what Yukari wanted of Gaku from her own words, just a friend). We can imagine that gave strength to Yukari and handled better the problems that the world's threw at her.
You know what, It reminded a bit to the Witcher 3 endings!

edit: appropriate article I was reading the other day...
https://www.quantamagazine.org/20150604-quantum-bayesianism-qbism/

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Jul 22, 2015

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I just came across this comic: http://brainchip.thecomicseries.com/comics/first/

A guy gets a chip in his head that let's him connect to versions of himself in other universes. It starts off kind of silly but goes through a lot of the same beats as Qualia. If you can get past the primitive art style I think people here would dig it.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

FutureCop posted:

Mad world though, innit?

:psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
This manga is a trip.

• Locked thread