Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

It is absolutely unacceptable that I now have to choose between TKing Fauxton and Pubbies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YarPirate
May 17, 2003
Hellion

Fart Car '97 posted:

It is absolutely unacceptable that I now have to choose between TKing Fauxton and Pubbies

Pretty easy choice imo

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Michaellaneous posted:

e: Actually I just need to fire into his direction and he freaks and crashes after a stall like a pubbie :smug:

While I did stall like a pubbie, you hosed my elevator up first. So my barrel roll didn't quite work out.

How will i deliver the eighteen teamkills i owe Michaellaneous?

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

mlmp08 posted:

While I did stall like a pubbie, you hosed my elevator up first. So my barrel roll didn't quite work out.

How will i deliver the eighteen teamkills i owe Michaellaneous?

At the best in a week so you will get banned.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012
The only effective player SPAAG fire I've seen so far in CB was a T-34. Hitting my Yak-9T.

Archer2338
Mar 15, 2008

'Tis a screwed up world
I dunno, I took out 3 planes on my first outing with the German 37mm. I think it's the Russian planes (Il2, Yak9s) tending to fly low and level for gun runs. As a plane though? I've died more frequently to AI AAA.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Unsurprisingly, I've been rammed more by friendly planes that shot at by enemies so far.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
Using bombs with a timer; when they hit the ground they still make the whistling sound the whole time they bounce around, its terrifying and really loud if you're a tank

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Heliosicle posted:

Using bombs with a timer; when they hit the ground they still make the whistling sound the whole time they bounce around, its terrifying and really loud if you're a tank

How much time do you suggest?
Go full or don't go at all?

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
Pubbie logic = The M4 guns is as weak as that of early T-34 and the LoS thickness of its armor is similar, so it should have the same BR. :v:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Heliosicle posted:

Tank>Plane>Tank seems to be the best way to play, or tank tank plane. Taking a plane first just means you get wrecked by player and AI AAA.

PS if you land and repair then bail out when it puts you at the end of the runway, you retain that plane for use, so you could actually go plane > tank > plane if you're careful.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
Fighting Panthers and Tigers in an SU-85 sure is no fun. Yer with 2x1000kg is pretty fun though.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
SU-85s have possibly the best BR positioning out of any Soviet tank. At 4.0 you'll very rarely see tigers and panthers, and even if you do, the first ones are trivially poppable with the 85mm gun. Meanwhile, all the hapless Pz3/4s are just huge tinderboxes for the 85 no matter where you hit them. The next closest Soviet tank with the 85mm is more like br 4.7 which means it's all panthers/tigers all the time.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
I wouldn't say its rare since my first 2 games in the SU-85 were against Panthers and Tigers, and I wouldn't say its trivial since its pretty difficult to kill Panthers unless they're completely side on to you, whereas they 1 shot you from anywhere.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

My first impressions of CA simulator:

Jesus low tier que is empty.
Jesus T28 is OP.
Jesus Skygodding is fun.

After I took out the SU2 out for a spin, skygodded a flakpanzer with a bombing run before promptly flipping upside down and crashing I will fly planes more often in SB. Also use more runup for my bombing runs.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Today I learned some fun things in the couple of games I played before work.

1) Sim planes are dumbstupid with mouse+keyboard. I see why joysticks are a necessity. I'm debating just going back to playing RB for my combined arms action, but that's a rather bitter pill to swallow.

2) If I'm going to start playing RB, I'm going to need to start from lower tiers to I can get used to how individual nations' planes handle. I took a LaGG-something out with my KV-2 and tried to fly it. I proceeded to shake all over the place every time my speed fell below 300kph. It was rather an unproductive run, especially considering I had beautiful shots lined up that I was unable to capitalize on.

3) The KV-2 is literally only good for being a moving pile of armour that's hard to dislodge from a point. Maybe I'm just having bad luck, but if anything manages to land a hit on me, it will inevitably be my cannon barrel or my horizontal turret traverse. 50% of my recent games have ended with me tooling around on cap points doing nothing because my entire turret is blacked out. It's super fun when I actually get to shoot though!

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
Since SB is just look at the map for tanks then shoot them, just cut out the middleman and play RB, its really not that bad.

Also the best thing to do is to down tier your tank currently, so say take a BR 4.0 tank and a 3.0 plane (since 1.0 BR is the biggest amount that will make a difference) and you won't ever see a 5.0 tank.

Heliosicle fucked around with this message at 17:12 on May 30, 2014

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Guess who won. :suicide: (related: the Pz.38(t)-A is incredible)

Fender
Oct 9, 2000
Mechanical Bunny Rabbits!
Dinosaur Gum

Heliosicle posted:

Since SB is just look at the map for tanks then shoot them, just cut out the middleman and play RB, its really not that bad.

Also the best thing to do is to down tier your tank currently, so say take a BR 4.0 tank and a 3.0 plane (since 1.0 BR is the biggest amount that will make a difference) and you won't ever see a 5.0 tank.

This is the dumbest loving thing.

Yes, the minimap sucks in SB. But if you think that the game is as simple as map hunting then you're an idiot. Sitting still makes you disappear off the map. If no one can see you, you don't appear on the map. Often the scale of the map is so high that even knowing that someone is in front of you doesn't help much. I don't get the logic of well this sucks so go do this other thing that sucks 10x more.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Heliosicle posted:

Unless they do the same. A Panther with the next two highest planes/tanks at 4.0/4.3 will also match lower. Gaming the MM works both ways.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
NEW THREAD IS UP.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3638861

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

Fender posted:

This is the dumbest loving thing.

Yes, the minimap sucks in SB. But if you think that the game is as simple as map hunting then you're an idiot. Sitting still makes you disappear off the map. If no one can see you, you don't appear on the map. Often the scale of the map is so high that even knowing that someone is in front of you doesn't help much. I don't get the logic of well this sucks so go do this other thing that sucks 10x more.

RB does of course suck more, but you get to fly planes in RB without having to use a joystick so I feel that it balances out. I meant it in the context of ChickenWing trying to play SB planes in combined arms SB.

When they remove CA I'll be going back to SB for tanks.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

Formatting is a bit messed up for me, and the 2nd post is a bit wide.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Yes, working on it right now whoops. :v:

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

THREAD UNFAVORITED. GET hosed SCRUBS *prop hangs at stall speeds into new thread*

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
cool poo poo post tag mate

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
I'll close this thread when I get home.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Keket posted:

I'll close this thread when I get home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Fart Car '97 posted:

I feel your pain bro.

• Locked thread