Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeliciousCookie
Mar 4, 2011
I'm somewhat disapointed you didn't go with a gauntlet weapon for the sub weapon and called it the Passi-Fist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Looking forward to this amazing omni-blaster run you've got in the wings.

Edo Animus
Feb 19, 2011

Date tres dies mihi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzpASSooOYs

We're very close to the end now, just one more video and Darksiders 2 is over! Hooray!

This video, which covers the third DLC campaign (but the first to be released chronologically), was recorded after the Crucible run we'll see in the next episode so we get a full dungeon play through with the completed Abyssal Set of armor. Since I had to update the game to get to the DLC, we are without our glitched stats. Fortunately, the immense power of the weapons we forged are a legitimate part of the game. The never ending flow of magical particle effects in this video is but a preview of the Crucible run where the stat boosts are in full effect.

Note: I haven't actually used a shampoo bottle for inspiration for a DnD campaign...yet.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
:pseudo: Actually if you had paid attention you would know that the reason Argul's Tomb is frozen over is because the Lord of Bones cast the realm out from the Land of the Dead to hang in the empty frozen void that bridges the different supernatural realms so that Argul would be unable to draw any power from the Land of the Dead. :pseudo:

Argul's Tomb is frozen over because it is cold in deep space.

Neruz fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Oct 13, 2014

Gearface
Feb 25, 2013
Now, you're not saying he's a tomb raider ... but now he's messing with that goat trader.

I'm so sorry. I'll go.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
I just love how professionally your guys' videos are laid out, with the custom titles and the song and all.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I love the smack talk in this game. Most of it sounds utterly corny on paper, but Wincott's delivery makes them come across as Death just stating a fact instead of showing off so it works great.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse
I really wish I hadn't gotten this for Xbox used. I actually liked this DLC.

Bluemage142
Jun 22, 2009

A little logic in the right place can cause chaos without limit.
So apparently Disgaea 1 tops out in the billions.

Disgaea *4*, on the other hand, goes into the quadrillions.

Also, the thing about the series is that the level cap is 9999... but then you can reset back to level 1 at any time, gaining more stats and stat growth for the next time around. Your actual level cap, that included, is someplace in the 180K range.

I cannot *wait* for the last video- and to hear what you guys are doing next. Got any ideas for the next LP yet?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Edmond Dantes posted:

I love the smack talk in this game. Most of it sounds utterly corny on paper, but Wincott's delivery makes them come across as Death just stating a fact instead of showing off so it works great.

Wincott can make a grocery list sound menacingly badass.

Edo Animus
Feb 19, 2011

Date tres dies mihi.
For anyone with an Xbox Live Gold account (360), Darksiders 2 is free for the second half of October (and Darksiders 1 is 1/2 off in the Xbox store).

Finally, I can play Darksiders 2, guys!

We've recorded the VO for the final episode but I'm still debating whether to split it into two parts. I'm leaning towards yes just because the finale is about 70 minutes long.

Edo Animus
Feb 19, 2011

Date tres dies mihi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PnJPy6OCk8

I decided to just render the whole thing into one massive final episode, so enjoy!

We tackle all 100 waves of the Crucible and talk about random nonsense in the meantime. This is Death at his most powerful and broken as we have the full effect of the possessed weapons, Abyssal armor, a very nice purple talisman and the permanent stats boosts from sources both legitimate and not (Blackroot bonuses and the Wrath power exploits respectively). Despite this, Death's defense is very low and a few waves can kill you in about 2 seconds. The explodey guys from Earth and the Sycophants are the two types to watch out for.

And with that, Darksiders 2 is now complete! We got all of the achievements except for the "trade an item online" one which is unavailable as far as I know (Vigil going under and all). This unfortunately means the BFA achievement for getting the other achievements is also unavailable, but I don't particularly care at this point.

Thanks for reading and watching and I'll see you in the next thread where we simultaneously play DMC, Final Fantasy Tactics and Xenosaga 3 in a hilarious 3-way split screen! (Note: This is not going to happen)

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse
Wicked K really is the best final boss.

Thank you both so much for completing this pretty alright game.

Veyrall fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Oct 21, 2014

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Mediocre sequel to a pretty-good game. You guys put more work into this than the game deserved. Thanks for the LP, guys. I enjoyed it.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Eh, I actually enjoyed the second game a lot more than the first one. The ripoff is strong in both of them but the second one steals from better games.

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

"This is no place for a horse" as Wincott fades into the background is etched into my brain and gets me to laugh every time, along with J&D's snickers as it happens.

Thanks for the awesome LP guys. For the record, when I tell friends to "watch these guys' LP!" I send them to the Guardian/Colossus fight where you break things. :)

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Wow it's actually over. I am actually kinda sad it's over, it was always fantastic to see an update to this from you guys. Thank you so much for the laughs and the entertainment and I look forward to whatever it is you do next!

That real ending though, fantastic.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Man, you spent so long looking for recognizable Clancy Brown roles, did neither of you see Highlander?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bOKsOveYD0

Wiseblood fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Oct 21, 2014

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!
That was... an ending to a game. The true ending mostly made up for it but it makes me sad to see a game with such potential go the way Darksiders 2 did. I never got past the Land of the Dead in my playthrough and honestly, I'm kinda glad I didn't. The LP was great, the game less so, but it was certainly a... I'll say lengthy ride through Darksiders 2. Looking forward to more Xexyz, Dark Souls, and Asura's Wrath, and I'm looking forward to whatever else you guys have planned next.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Well, that was a hell of a ride. I finished (and 100%) Darksiders 1; my experience with DS2 was the same as IBlameRoadSuess' for the most part, but I loved watching you guys glitching and being horribly overpowered through it.

Thanks a lot for the amazing LP, fellas. See you on the next LP! (please let it be DmC :pray: )

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
The trading achievement is still available on the Steam version of the game.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Just wanted to chime in and say that I loved this LP. The game was generally ok, but it definitely was a lot better with your commentary (to the point where O generally just put the LP on the background while I did stuff).

Thanks for the effort, guys!

Also, David is shockingly bad at languages.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Yeah, great LP. I liked Darksiders 2 more than 1, although it's too grindy the art direction, music and Death itself were just awesome.

Ztarlit_Sky
Mar 4, 2014
Nap Ghost
And a good LP comes to a close, thanks for the effort. I didn't really want to play Darksiders 2 with the loot and grind mechanics, so this was the ideal solution.

Wicked K. is the Best fight.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Oh, could someone explain to me where Wicked K is from?

I didn't get the reference.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

Oh, could someone explain to me where Wicked K is from?

I didn't get the reference.

He was a recurring encounter in the first game.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
to elaborate:

http://www.destructoid.com/vigil-explains-darksiders-enemy-wicked-k-s-origin-160553.phtml posted:

“He’s one those characters where we talked about putting him in the game,” David Adams, Vigil’s general manager told me over the phone this afternoon.

“We didn’t put him into the game until the last month when we all sat in the room at 3 o’clock in the morning and were like, ‘Man, we gotta get this guy in the game. We’ve been talking about him for two years,’ “
:allears:

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

Wiseblood posted:

He was a recurring encounter in the first game.

That's bizarre, I played the first game I don't remember him.

Is he the spirit that was shackled to War, that was voiced by Mark Hamil?

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

That's bizarre, I played the first game I don't remember him.

Is he the spirit that was shackled to War, that was voiced by Mark Hamil?
No, he was another hidden, secret easteregg boss. Which is probably why you don't remember him.

Also according to steam only 2.2% of players completed the crucible, so i guess the overlap who find him in both is even smaller.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Oct 24, 2014

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

This was a great LP and I'll definitely check out future ones

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Aftermath is actually one of the few quest weapons that is legitimately good; as a huge fuckoff hammer with massive damage and a huge strength bonus it allows Death to beat the poo poo out of anything he encounters, but it also leeches Health, Wrath and Reaper energy with each hit. Thus with Aftermath Death can basically go into Reaper Mode, kill the poo poo out of everything, hit someone with Aftermath a couple of times to get all his Reaper energy back and then enter Reaper Mode again; properly managed you can achieve something very close to perpetual Reaper Mode which is exactly as broken overpowered as it sounds.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I was kind of hoping you'd turn the cheats off and fight Wicked K with at least something approaching Marquis of Queensbury rules.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Both games are on sale over at steam.

Darksiders I - $2.99
Darksiders II - $4.49
Franchise Pack - $8.99

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
Another stellar LP, guys. I followed it with much eagerness, and was not disappointed.

I really enjoyed Darksiders 2 when I played it but never really bothered to explore the world in any kind of depth. I liked seeing an exhaustive look at what turned out to be a pretty good game.

• Locked thread