Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Zierham
Dec 17, 2004
"Put something in otherwise you get stupid newbie"
So when moving around my computer setup while carpet was being installed in my apartment, I managed to plug the wrong AC adapter into the USB Hub I was using for my Logitech G19 and Razer Epic Naga. Went out of town for 2 days and came back to the faint smell of burnt electronics and both the peripherals as well as the USB Hub being burning hot to the touch. Good news: the apartment didn't burn down! Yay!

Anyway, because I am too poor (cheap) to plop down another $140 for a fresh G19, I am going back to an old G15. The primary reason I replaced it, in addition to being wowed by the promises of a color display, are that one of the fold-out feet broke and it sits at a bad height/angle on my desk.

So! If anyone has a spare foot for a Logitech G15 and wants to send it my way I'd gladly pay for shipping plus some beer (or coffee or organic chai latte, whatever you drink) money for being a swell person. Or, if anyone thinks fixing whatever happens when a USB device is given too much current/voltage/amperage (whatever the correct term is) is possible/easy that advice would also be valuable to me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004
I had held off on bumping this because I was checking if Logitech might repair/replace the G19 outside of warranty... Finally heard back that they wont.

Still looking for a G15 leg (or two, for when I break the other) or advice on trying to fix an (apparently) overamp'd G19.

It's the V1 (blue screen) G15, if the legs are different (someone had PM'd me but they had the V2 (orange screen) so maybe someone can confirm if the legs are the same?)

UberVexer
Jan 5, 2006

I like trains
Let me see if I can CAD one up and print it. If I can I'd send it to you for just shipping fees. I have one of the keyboards myself so I can test fit it.

UberVexer
Jan 5, 2006

I like trains
Here's the printed part.

In the keyboard.

The future is now.

Edit: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:132037 If you have a printer you can also just make it.

Bleh Maestro
Aug 30, 2003
I just want to say this is awesome...

Madness
Jan 23, 2007

I love technology!

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004
Absolutely incredible... all MY printer does is spew paper with light grey words and dark black lines throughout!

Absent your printer also printing a fix for the busted G19, I'll definitely take you up on your spiffy red offer. PM'ing address now, just let me know where to paypal a beer (plus shipping)!

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

It bothers me that I can't give this thread a 5.

Dishman
Jul 2, 2007
Slimy Bastard
jesus

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Breaky posted:

It bothers me that I can't give this thread a 5.

First SA-Mart thread that goes goldmine?

UberVexer
Jan 5, 2006

I like trains
Shipped a few sets to Zierham today, don't worry about the shipping it was basically nothing. Enjoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el aye
Apr 4, 2011

UberVexer posted:

Shipped a few sets to Zierham today, don't worry about the shipping it was basically nothing. Enjoy.

Awesome.