Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
:staredog: All right then. New thread when I get a chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
Teasers and opening some of the best in the business.

Please don't write like Coven did.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The internet is now claiming that that teaser is a fake made by a fan. The Youtube account is named "AHS FX" but it's only a few months old and the video has not appeared on any of the channels FX definitely controls (official site, Facebook, Twitter).

If that's amateur work, they need to hire that guy ASAP.

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!
http://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/interviews/a29159/american-horror-story-freakshow-promo-kellen-moore-interview/

here's a little more info on the guy who created the fake, and the story behind it.

Shame the network is getting it's panties in a bunch over it, I really love it honestly.

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

haveblue posted:

The internet is now claiming that that teaser is a fake made by a fan. The Youtube account is named "AHS FX" but it's only a few months old and the video has not appeared on any of the channels FX definitely controls (official site, Facebook, Twitter).

If that's amateur work, they need to hire that guy ASAP.

Aaand somehow it just got taken down due to copyright by Fox. :geno:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

ShadowCatboy posted:

Aaand somehow it just got taken down due to copyright by Fox. :geno:

Well, everything about it, even the youtube channel it was released on, was created with the intention of fooling people into believing it was created by FOX.

It sounds like it's some sort of copyright infringement or something - I'm not a lawyer and don't really care what it is specifically called. It was probably just the easiest/quickest way to pull it down. I don't think FOX can actually own it.

gnomewife
Oct 24, 2010
Now I'm just watching all the fake teasers on YouTube. Is it the Fallen Angel one that y'all are talking about? Honestly, it didn't look weird enough to be legit.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Some casting news for Freak Show that Coven posted on its Facebook.

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Okay i'm sorry to be that guy but... "meal penalty"? Do they keep the cast locked away in a medieval age dungeon while not filming?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Captain Mog posted:

Okay i'm sorry to be that guy but... "meal penalty"? Do they keep the cast locked away in a medieval age dungeon while not filming?

A meal penalty is paid to the actors for each period of time (maybe 15 minutes or half hour?) you keep them after five or six hours of shooting without a meal or something. It's a union thing for SAG.

I don't know what the PU.CPU or the 401 w/h is. I guess 401 refers to the season and episode number.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jul 28, 2014

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I'm not the only one who noticed Naomi Grossman returning as Pepper am I? And someone named Salty right next to her? Hmm.....

Also, Erika Ervin aka Amazon Eve, is the woman from this photo you've probably seen:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
And now they also have the world's smallest woman as well. Can't wait for a picture of her with Ervin.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Wait are those Lange's real hands? They look loving enormous and not just because she's holding a tiny woman.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The teaser for Coven also looked amazing. If the whole season was like the intro it would have been some good TV, but alas.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Yodzilla posted:

Wait are those Lange's real hands? They look loving enormous and not just because she's holding a tiny woman.

I honestly thought she was holding her in some sort of tan blanket. I didn't even see that those were her hands, goddamn. Her arm is big too, so I think this is some photoshop trickery.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Looks like we will be getting our freak on October 8

quote:

“Freak Show begins its tale in the quiet, sleepy hamlet of Jupiter, Florida. The year is 1952. A troupe of curiosities has just arrived to town, coinciding with the strange emergence of a dark entity that savagely threatens the lives of townsfolk and freaks alike. This is the story of the performers and their desperate journey of survival amidst the dying world of the American carny experience.”

And we've got our first official video.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
faketeaser Angel Wings was better. :colbert:

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!

Honestly, what's the point of making these things if you're going to restrict who sees them?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
It's just a chicken foot holding out a circus ticket.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Emmy haul: Lead actress in a miniseries (Lange), supporting actress in a miniseries (Bates), best costumes, and best hairstyling.

Also new teaser. Sorry for the Facebook link but it doesn't seem to have been posted on youtube yet.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

More news until the new thread goes up.

First, two more teasers:

Spotlight: http://youtu.be/380ZYON8H4o

Caged: http://youtu.be/R4THNjDb6Xc

Next, Funko Pop! Television has released a set of eight AHS figurines. Tate and Rubberman from Murder Houes, and then Cordelia, Fiona, Marie, Misty, Myrtle, and Papa Legba from Coven (none from Asylum unfortunately.)

And finally, the much anticipated cast poster. Immediately note Jessica's lack of arms:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Is the horned shadow at Kathy Bate's feet supposed to be someone we know?

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Drifter posted:

Is the horned shadow at Kathy Bate's feet supposed to be someone we know?

Nice catch. It seems to be coming from the two guys laying down. Although I now notice that Jessica herself doesn't cast a shadow.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Emma Roberts not in that photo. I wonder what the deal with that is.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

jscolon2.0 posted:

Emma Roberts not in that photo. I wonder what the deal with that is.

Finn Wittrock's not either, I guess they've just got smaller roles?

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

Open Source Idiom posted:

Finn Wittrock's not either, I guess they've just got smaller roles?

My guess is they only put the "freaks" on the poster. Gabourey Sidibe and Patti LaBelle aren't on there either.

I have no idea if this next image is official or not, but:

Apparently Evan Peters is playing the Lobster Boy? Which is odd because his hands look normal in the poster. So maybe he's faking it, or maybe he gets some hosed up surgery?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

PUGGERNAUT posted:

My guess is they only put the "freaks" on the poster. Gabourey Sidibe and Patti LaBelle aren't on there either.

I have no idea if this next image is official or not, but:

Apparently Evan Peters is playing the Lobster Boy? Which is odd because his hands look normal in the poster. So maybe he's faking it, or maybe he gets some hosed up surgery?

Neither Frances Conroy or Denis O'Hare look like freaks to me either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3661582

• Locked thread