Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

FAUXTON posted:

Also you clown on scrubs like mad :golfclap:

Yeah, except when fuckass pubbie morons forget how the AA works. :mad: x 10000

And for the record, I'm good at it because the dashing handles exactly like Phantom Crash//Steel Lancer Arena

Deviant fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Apr 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I really wanted to do some stompy robot last night, but charter comm sucks and I had the most unstable connection. Maybe tonight I can get my fix.

Saturnine Aberrance
Sep 6, 2010

Creator.

Please make me flesh.

Private servers will be going on sale in an initial rollout (Using some weird third party system I've never heard of for I have no idea what reason.)

CapnJosh posted:

In the true fashion of the bold, brave, and beautiful, I am pleased to announce the Private Server Pioneer program. I'm very excited for this - there are a lot people who have been requesting access to private servers, and this is the first stage of our roll-out. We are using Eventbrite.com because we want to test out some fun new channels to make products available. And, yes, vanity is a struggle of mine ;)

Here's the quick overview of what you get:
  • 90 days of private server time
  • A Hawken sticker (yeah, they're awesome)
  • A Hawken mouse (G400 series - yeah, those awesome ones with the Hawken graphics)
  • And you will likely get to hear a lot of the melodious sound of my voice, since I'm sure you may have questions along the way
  • You can also score the Nemesis bundle for a good discount

To make the roll-out a bit more orderly, the official start time of the sale is now set to 12:00 noon PST April 23. That puts all 100 tickets on sale at the same time at 12:00 noon PST / 3:00pm EST / 20:00 GMT and 21:00 CEST. Good luck!

You have one week to pick up this package. It's a limited release, so now is your chance to get in early! Later on, we will expand the private server availability, don't worry.

You have one week to pick up this package and there are only 100 of them! It's a limited release, so now is your chance to get in early. Later on, we will expand the private server availability, but for now we want to make sure we support our early adopters like the champs you are ;)

Here's the link to where you can go to buy this package:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/hawken-server-pioneer-event-max-100-tickets-16685841802

Renting a server for 90 days, plus the mentioned other benefits, will run you a little over $129 US dollars.

Here's a picture of the mouse and sticker you would get if you rent a server:

In related news, the Nemesis bundle went back up for sale on Steam recently. It contains a set of mechs, a few cosmetics, and an exclusive avatar and ghost repair drone.

It costs 60 dollars normally, so with the server deal, you'll get a discount on it to 45 dollars.

Saturnine Aberrance fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Apr 23, 2015

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Man, hawken stuff is expensive for a game with not really that much content.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

radiatinglines posted:

Man, hawken stuff is expensive for a game with not really that much content.

This is the "circling the drain" phase of F2P games, they're past the event horizon but still sucking in funds. Which is a shame because I enjoyed Hawken, it just never really got to the point where they could justify the expense of parts/etc.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Well the new ut game is apparently using the tf2 model, that will probably kill hawken for me completely.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

What (other than to give the new dev money) is the point of these servers? Why would someone pay that much for that, aside from them being a pubbie whale.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Been getting some hellacious lag lately, anyone else been playing?

Pseudophile
Dec 25, 2007

I'm playing every day, there has been some spikes and wonky hit detection. They seem to be having issues with the east coast servers, I've seen a lot of announcements about them being restarted.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Pseudophile posted:

I'm playing every day, there has been some spikes and wonky hit detection. They seem to be having issues with the east coast servers, I've seen a lot of announcements about them being restarted.

Makes sense then. I guess I ought to look at their forums now and again.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I popped in for a few quick games tonight. They seem to have some tournament going on and double credits. Murderized some pubbies who clumped together for easy grenade double-kill funtimes.

uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

I have finally accepted that no one is playing Titanfall ever anymore and decided to try Hawken -- my fella and I are loving it so far.
I'm MechsuitMonkey (Any goons who played Titanfall might remember me) and he's Blackhole1991. I usually play stuff like this with a controller but using mouse/keyboard has proved to be a lot of fun, especially once I enabled doubletapping to boost. This Shift+WASD business was intolerable.

Unfortunately as ever I'm late to the party, but if anyone else plays I'd love to have a go. :)
My Steam name is A Literal Monkey.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

uglynoodles posted:

I have finally accepted that no one is playing Titanfall ever anymore and decided to try Hawken -- my fella and I are loving it so far.
I'm MechsuitMonkey (Any goons who played Titanfall might remember me) and he's Blackhole1991. I usually play stuff like this with a controller but using mouse/keyboard has proved to be a lot of fun, especially once I enabled doubletapping to boost. This Shift+WASD business was intolerable.

Unfortunately as ever I'm late to the party, but if anyone else plays I'd love to have a go. :)
My Steam name is A Literal Monkey.

I still play when time allows, I'll add you two when I get back this weekend. The game is still just as fun as ever, never give up hope for stompy robots!

ReapersTouch
Nov 25, 2004

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I've forgotten my log in information but heard the game was dead and you couldn't get a reply from them to retrieve it. This true?

Saturnine Aberrance
Sep 6, 2010

Creator.

Please make me flesh.

ReapersTouch posted:

I've forgotten my log in information but heard the game was dead and you couldn't get a reply from them to retrieve it. This true?

No, this is not true. Game has remained alive, and there are people there updating the game and replying to support requests and such.

Here's the most recent dev update, which actually contained interesting things that weren't "still hiring people".

Capn Josh posted:

Big things being worked on:

• New mechs and reviving existing work-in-progress mechs
  • UI tech stack and how UI panels are constructed and handled
  • Storm updates - improve account sync times and improving global performance
  • Updates to project management and bug tracking
  • Onboarding new gameplay, art, and production personnel

The exciting part is we found the last key person. He's a great gameplay and generalist programmer who has loads of wide-ranging experience. We also brought on someone with great art and production experience.

I'm excited, and we're moving into high-gear development. We are still a ways out from the first patch, but you will like the results.

After the holidays, we're going to start doing some introductions to the team. We're going to resume more dev streams, and we're going to be ready to start really incorporating your feedback and ideas. 2016 is going to be a good year for Hawken :)

From all of us working hard on Hawken, we wish you a happy holidays!

Also, in a previous update they suggested that there is an update to add DirectX 11 support at some point in the future.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I'd be down for robot shooting.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

That's awesome, I hadn't been keeping up with the forums or announcements at all recently.

uglynoodles
May 28, 2009

Anyone who's up for it should definitely add me if they can. I've only been playing a few days but I think I'm okay. Lots to learn though. The game runs beautifully on my beastly main PC, whilst I'm displaced for Christmas I'm going to see how well it runs on my Surface 2, haha.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Playing a bit of stompy robots now that I have time again. Pubbies still don't know how to defend the aa, but at least they read chat now!

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Oh this isn't dead? I should bring back the terror of the pink fire bear.

Steam name is Crimor, I'll add a link when I get home

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Nalesh posted:

Oh this isn't dead? I should bring back the terror of the pink fire bear.

Steam name is Crimor, I'll add a link when I get home

Nah, not dead at all. I'm able to get into matches immediately, but the official forums are pretty terrible.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
When are the official forums of a game not terrible.

Anyway, let the legend come back to life

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

True, that is the cardinal rule of gaming.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

So apparently after almost another year of fuckall, there's plans to attempt to make one last shot to bring PC players back and wow us. Looks like maybe two new mechs and some other poo poo, but we'll see how long this takes to happen.

Same as I've said before here and the game forums (because they need to be reminded of their folly), the steam poo poo/removal of stats/lack of PC updates really killed the game. I guess we'll see if Adhesive can pull this back out of their rear end, because I want to stompy robot with goons again. Not just pub it when I'm drunk.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye
I loved this game but the thing that killed my interest was the game modes not really changing that much and the grind to get items without purchasing them. It took loving forever to get upgraded mechs or weapons. I wish they had done it like TF2, with sidegrade weapons dropping pretty easily and rare cosmetic items requiring grind and/or purchasing.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Yeah, I liked this game, but everything costs way too much money, and the grind for in game currency is too much.

Saturnine Aberrance
Sep 6, 2010

Creator.

Please make me flesh.

PathAsc posted:

... I guess we'll see if Adhesive can pull this back out of their rear end, because I want to stompy robot with goons again. Not just pub it when I'm drunk.

It isn't Adhesive anymore! It's Reloaded, same people who own / run the current All Points Bulletin.

For a long while after the transfer of ownership, the Reloaded people were looking extremely incompetent and basically had no clue what they were doing - killed a lot of enthusiasm as a result. They relatively recently got a new guy on board who seems to have a good handle on what they are doing and is proposing changes that look alright, but their initial console release is full of extremely lovely decisions that is / was making people dread the eventual transfer to PC.

So right now, the future for Hawken is... kinda better than it was, at least. But still not great, and Reloaded's track record so far has yet to inspire too much confidence.

Really, with the console version out and so completely different than what the PC version is so far, this thread really needs either a revamped OP or an entirely new thread to deal with all the changes / upcoming changes. However I haven't really kept up with it in a long while and I'm not at all familiar enough with the new stuff to make anything like a good OP out of it anymore. It doesn't help that Reloaded blocks PC players' access to the console forums if they don't have a copy of the game on console, so I can't even see the new changes and what people think of them outside of the oblique references to it in the PC forums and such that don't get locked or deleted. If there's a person out there who plays console and feels comfortable making an OP for it, go for it duder.

Saturnine Aberrance fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Nov 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Saturnine Aberrance posted:

It isn't Adhesive anymore! It's Reloaded, same people who own / run the current All Points Bulletin.

For a long while after the transfer of ownership, the Reloaded people were looking extremely incompetent and basically had no clue what they were doing - killed a lot of enthusiasm as a result. They relatively recently got a new guy on board who seems to have a good handle on what they are doing and is proposing changes that look alright, but their initial console release is full of extremely lovely decisions that is / was making people dread the eventual transfer to PC.

So right now, the future for Hawken is... kinda better than it was, at least. But still not great, and Reloaded's track record so far has yet to inspire too much confidence.

Really, with the console version out and so completely different than what the PC version is so far, this thread really needs either a revamped OP or an entirely new thread to deal with all the changes / upcoming changes. However I haven't really kept up with it in a long while and I'm not at all familiar enough with the new stuff to make anything like a good OP out of it anymore. It doesn't help that Reloaded blocks PC players'uh access to the console forums if they don't have a copy of the game on console, so I can't even see the new changes and what people think of them outside of the oblique references to it in the PC forums and such that don't get locked or deleted. If there's a person out there who plays console and feels comfortable making an OP for it, go for it duder.

Holy poo poo I had no idea all that happened. Thanks for the update, because that makes a bit more sense now. Can't say it inspires hope, but I'll wait and see like everyone else.

• Locked thread