Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Cojawfee posted:

You can't, you always have to update with Steam. Ragehook has the ability to backup your current version and restore it after updates until Ragehook is updated again.

Sure you can. You can set it so it only updates when you try to play, cancel the update, and put steam in offline mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
I'm playing this game finally and I've got to say, the stunt plane trials are ridiculous because that stupid little plane wobbles out of control at the slightest input on my controller. How in the gently caress do you get gold on these things?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
With practice. loving around in planes in SP and MP made all the difference between just barely passing those and acing them with my eyes closed.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Zigmidge posted:

With practice. loving around in planes in SP and MP made all the difference between just barely passing those and acing them with my eyes closed.

get_a_load_of_this_guy_cam.gif!

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
It means come back later and try again as you'll be much better at it you loving goon

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Yeah it really is just practice, both for your character and yourself. A higher Flying stat makes an enormous difference (More than any other stat for its respective field), plus you'll just be better at it.

I just double-dipped for the PC version. Do people recommend any mods? I've got one of the trainers but that's about it, no idea what else is good or not. I'd be more interested in adding more poo poo to do like missions and stuff than adding new cars or whatever. Or good gameplay changes, I see there are some mods that change how cops behave, I'd be down for one of those if it's good.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Mister Adequate posted:

I just double-dipped for the PC version. Do people recommend any mods? I've got one of the trainers but that's about it, no idea what else is good or not. I'd be more interested in adding more poo poo to do like missions and stuff than adding new cars or whatever. Or good gameplay changes, I see there are some mods that change how cops behave, I'd be down for one of those if it's good.

Make absolutely sure you don't access online with any of it active or you will risk a ban.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

SplitSoul posted:

Make absolutely sure you don't access online with any of it active or you will risk a ban.

No, it just says you're trying to access online with a modded game and boots you out. That's what it told me, but I don't know what kind of mods i had installed, so I guess I won't go online.

Bourricot
Aug 7, 2016

Cojawfee posted:

No, it just says you're trying to access online with a modded game and boots you out. That's what it told me, but I don't know what kind of mods i had installed, so I guess I won't go online.

Last time I misclicked and tried to connect online with my trainer-enabled game, the connection dropped and I later received an email telling me my character was deleted due to "violation of terms of services", and my account was suspended for 30 days.
So definitely be careful with a modded game.

Bourricot fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Apr 29, 2017

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Oh yeah I have little to no interest in going online anyway, so as long as I don't forget all my mods then try going online nonetheless, I think I should be relatively safe. I know R* loving hates modding with a passion :v:

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Apr 29, 2017

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
They don't care about single player mods as long as it doesn't massively infringe on their IP.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask this, but I've been having a hell of a time finding a good FiveM RP server that isn't private or whitelisted and was wondering if there were any Goon run ones?

Around ten years ago we had a cool goon run SA:MP RP server and it was a lot of fun. The recent explosion in Twitch GTAV RP streams made me want to try it out again.

RadioDog
May 31, 2005

Bourricot posted:

Last time I misclicked and tried to connect online with my trainer-enabled game, the connection dropped and I later received an email telling me my character was deleted due to "violation of terms of services", and my account was suspended for 30 days.
So definitely be careful with a modded game.

Did this affect your ability to play SP at all? I'm asking because I was going to set up a trainer-ed game for someone who only wanted to play single player (and never online) but I didn't want them getting themselves blocked from anything SP.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Yo i'm tired of pimping out dope rear end cars then having them despawn for some unknown reason in SP. What is the best mod to rectify this or did Rockstar gently caress mods completely?

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009
So, did Rockstar finish making GBS threads the bed with their cloud servers? Last night the game would lock up 5-10 minutes in, even in Story Mode - only fixed by going full-offline play.

I'm finally to the point that I feel like starting a new game, and :supaburn::barf::suicide: can't even get to the train crash in Yankton.

Seriously considering running mods, just so I can do SP with all the GTAO goodies...

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

So, did Rockstar finish making GBS threads the bed with their cloud servers? Last night the game would lock up 5-10 minutes in, even in Story Mode - only fixed by going full-offline play.

I'm finally to the point that I feel like starting a new game, and :supaburn::barf::suicide: can't even get to the train crash in Yankton.

Seriously considering running mods, just so I can do SP with all the GTAO goodies...

It was fixed...9 hours after it started in and through US prime time.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Longbaugh01 posted:

It was fixed...9 hours after it started in and through US prime time.

It was still crashing right around 9 PM Pacific, which is when I went ahead and tried fully-offline mode - I wanted to screw around, but not for such a limited amount of time.

Guess I know what I'm doing this weekend, though. :unsmigghh:

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

I'd like to try this sometime too. Is there an easy way?

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I long ago beat the game, but I never finished the two alternate paths for the final mission. I know that taking anything but Option C (everyone survives) leads to stuff blocked off; can I still do those alternate missions and still retain everything?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

MisterBibs posted:

I long ago beat the game, but I never finished the two alternate paths for the final mission. I know that taking anything but Option C (everyone survives) leads to stuff blocked off; can I still do those alternate missions and still retain everything?

There are three save slots, so you could theoretically hard save just before Franklin makes his final decision. So you can make another hard save that doesn't save over that pre-decision save and go back and do those missions...

You might even be able to just go back to the Replay Mission thing and do it that way but I don't know.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

MisterBibs posted:

Yep, whichever one you do first "sticks", so make sure you do C first so you still have everything, but after that you can safely use the mission replay to do the other two versions, and it won't affect your actual playthrough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

As above, just pick option C and mission replay will let you see the other two endings, which are pretty bad even by the standards of GTA5's story.

• Locked thread