Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Baldbeard posted:

Wait, is that building he's renting actually, literally in a trailerpark. Like, is there not even a main street going by?

I was wondering about that. Part of the plan with the original location was that it was across the street from a place big rigs could park, so he could get some business from passing truckers as well as locals. Bring outside money into town would be great. But in a trailer park, will anyone even know his shack is there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Fallom posted:

Still can't believe some guy convinced his wife and kid to cancel Christmas so they could donate money to a hillbilly child.

Is this exaggerated for humor or is it a real thing that really happened (really?)?

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

question did this guy ever live in Long Island or what
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZxVVK7pxhQ

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Anatharon posted:

Is this exaggerated for humor or is it a real thing that really happened (really?)?

It's exaggerated. He cancelled Christmas to donate money to a hillbilly adult.

Miranda
Dec 24, 2004

Not a cuttlefish.
drat 'bama fans...

Miranda fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Oct 28, 2013

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Remember when that one mod fantasized about news reporters being all puzzled about this crazy hot dog shack/local staple?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Gyre posted:

I donated and this is just depressing. Looking back I was pretty loving stupid, but I can't take any joy in making fun of the guy, even if he is loving up hardcore.

Well, you're missing out.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Hot dog christmas is one of the very best events in SA history, this much is 100% certain.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
gently caress yes all. This is the chaos that is wonderful about the Internet.

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

Anatharon posted:

Well, you're missing out.

I don't think people shouldn't make fun of him, it's just that the thought of his failure fails to fill me with my usual schadenfreude.

EDIT: I can make fun of the idiot who cancelled Christmas, though.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Tim Selaty Jr posted:

It's exaggerated. He cancelled Christmas to donate money to a hillbilly adult.

I'm gonna argue about Claude being a grown man.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Baldbeard posted:

Wait, is that building he's renting actually, literally in a trailerpark. Like, is there not even a main street going by?

I know a goon who can cook up some bacon dogs. Plus he pretty much lives in a shack

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Xarthor posted:

See THIS is what I don't understand.

If the shack was a few feet too big for the zoning law to be considered a "concession stand", instead of trying to turn it into a full fledged restaurant, wouldn't it be considerably less expensive to pay a general contractor to knock down the wall and rebuild it a few feet smaller to fit in with the zoning laws for a concession stand?

You tellin me you'd give in to THE GOVENRMENT'S demands? Probably Obama hisself wrote that 'law' to stifle small business.

Aw no now I ain't got no shack or money, OBAMA'S ECONOMY!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Anatharon posted:

Oh it happened.

Christian Mingle
Sep 11, 2005
When I first saw the original thread title I assumed goons were fundraising for a dog shelter. Then I clicked on it, read the first post and thought, "wow, this is stupid" and thought nothing of it.

Now it's just pure gold.

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW
Given that the thread has gone to poo poo and likely to be closed, reminder that we have a channel on irc: #doobiedogs (password: doobydoob)

The irc channel serves as a true safe space for doobie doobers, as well as a source for any updates on the offsite doobie community.

Also we just got back the prototype for the doobie dog plush, and you idiots badmouthing us aren't getting any:

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

t3h z0r posted:

Given that the thread has gone to poo poo and likely to be closed, reminder that we have a channel on irc: #doobiedogs (password: doobydoob)

The irc channel serves as a true safe space for doobie doobers, as well as a source for any updates on the offsite doobie community.

Also we just got back the prototype for the doobie dog plush, and you idiots badmouthing us aren't getting any:

how does that plush represent a hot dog

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

t3h z0r posted:

Where's the pipe and glasses?

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
So did we win? Do we get all the hotdogs?

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
GBS just got too big for its britches getting Pitbull to play in Kodiak. They shot for the stars with a big dumb hot dog stand and instead gave a racist hillbilly some spending money. Great work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
It's a shame. Most people learn the important lesson of being careful about what you donate your money to through personal experience. Not by having their dumb parents ruin christmas for them.

• Locked thread