Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Despite my skepticism about the series and it's inconsistencies, that was a decent finale that really worked for the most part and left me wanting more. I actually wouldn't mind a 2nd season now so way to go show for winning me over late in the game.

Few things...

Poor Irene. I didn't realize her powers were permanently gone. I hope we see more of her next season as she was a fun character.

The show just went full on the blatantly embracing as much of the Matrix in the finale and at least I can understand why. At this point in sci-fi you've gotta stop bullets but it was a bit disconcerting that they really weren't doing it outside of Steven until the finale. In fact, in the beginning the whole bit about stopping time was pretty much his exclusive power among the TP so I guess we're just going to ignore that detail. Also the promise of 'Steve the Savior' was so Matrix I expected a drum circle to start right then and there.

So mom and Luca just went on spring break or something? Thanks for being as disposable as school, drinking laws and jobs oh noble family.

Russell remains awesome despite his gently caress ups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Dead Snoopy posted:

Russell remains awesome despite his gently caress ups.

Yea, at least he owned up to the fact he was scared and just wanted to live, even if he did gently caress things up by handing over Roger. Natalie just went from zero to mass genocide to try and kill Cara for reasons.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Natalie stuff was definitely a misstep. Mostly in that she kind of came out of nowhere for this last arc. It would have definitely worked better if she had been kind of simmering in the background, every once in a while mentioning how much she hated living in the lair. Something they really need to do for a second season (if they get one) is pin down how many Tomorrow People they have and actually give them identities. As it is now, outside of the core group they might as well not exist except for crowd shots.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
They could have served the consistent narrative by giving Natalie's role/duties over to black-guy-whose-name-I-forget. You know, the one who made John's leadership an issue before Cara took over.

Hobo
Dec 12, 2007

Forum bum
"Do you recognise her? No, should I? *looks at paper, sees known associates John Young*

Great.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Last episode is a pretty good season finale despite any hiccups.

Hahaha @ John's "Caraaaaaa"

Why is Jed such a dick, the gently caress!? :suicide: At least it's a good setup for a S2 if there is one.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Damiya posted:

Stephen flirting with Cara in the room where his ex attempted to suicide bomb the founder was uh... awkward.

Glad I wasn't the only one to notice this. Very inappropriate.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tokubetsu posted:

Glad I wasn't the only one to notice this. Very inappropriate.

The chair was still burnt too; her flesh seared into the leather. The best place for a lapdance.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
CW must have noticed the inappropriateness of it as well; show has been cancelled

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/05/08/cw-cancels/

edit - learn of the plans for the doomed season 2 : http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/05/05/tomorrow-people-phil-klemmer-season-2/

Stabitha
Mar 11, 2005

You lookin' at me? Don't.

Dead Snoopy posted:

CW must have noticed the inappropriateness of it as well; show has been cancelled

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/05/08/cw-cancels/

edit - learn of the plans for the doomed season 2 : http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/05/05/tomorrow-people-phil-klemmer-season-2/

I can't believe they renewed Beauty and the Beast for another season and cancelled the Tomorrow People. I was really starting to enjoy this show.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It was a good ride while it lasted :(

Here is a gag reel for the laughs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFFMsFhpBmw

PaganGoatPants fucked around with this message at 02:37 on May 9, 2014

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Stabitha posted:

I can't believe they renewed Beauty and the Beast for another season and cancelled the Tomorrow People. I was really starting to enjoy this show.

:rip: Shame since it was getting better too.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

PaganGoatPants posted:

It was a good ride while it lasted :(

Here is a gag reel for the laughs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFFMsFhpBmw
Holy poo poo I would watch THIS show, that's the bluest gag reel I've ever seen, that's hilarious for a CW show.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I can't believe the online fanbase for Almost Human is gonna bother every scu-fi interested station while this show will probably fade away

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Yeah, rip. They were gonna film at my workplace for next season.

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Yeah, it was definitely improving, but the show was flailing around in the mud for far too long at the beginning. I'm kind of bummed, because I remember watching the original weird-rear end British show on Nickelodeon when I was kid. Ah well.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dead Snoopy posted:

I can't believe the online fanbase for Almost Human is gonna bother every scu-fi interested station while this show will probably fade away

That show got canned too?

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
yep

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Another banner year for tv science fiction. :suicide:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Astroman posted:

To be honest both were really poorly written. If you want smart sci-fi look at something like Continuum; having watched all of Almost Human and half of the Tomorrow People there's maybe 3 good eps of Almost Human in 13. Heck, the 100 is better sci-fi than the Tomorrow People.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Astroman posted:

Don't even know why all these shows are failing when even Voyager managed 7 seasons.

It cannot be too difficult to produce halfway decent science fiction. Stargate and BSG are recent examples, what's wrong with the creators?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Party Plane Jones posted:

To be honest both were really poorly written. If you want smart sci-fi look at something like Continuum; having watched all of Almost Human and half of the Tomorrow People there's maybe 3 good eps of Almost Human in 13. Heck, the 100 is better sci-fi than the Tomorrow People.

The 100 also got renewed.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

By far Continuum is probably the best pound for pound scifi show on tv today. I guess I'd put Defiance in that category as well.

But with the others, I think Almost Human could have really found it's footing if it had another season. I think it had a lot of potential. Revolution had come a long way but I just think the expectation for NBC was that it would become a mainstream hit. A lot of networks chase after the :lost: or X-Files idea that a scifi show can be mainstream and a cultural phenomena that gets more than just genre fans to watch. It's a Holy Grail of tv exec programming that almost never ever happens though. For Lost, a lot of it's success came because it was literally years before they finally revealed that "yes, this IS supernatural/science fiction" and even then I knew people who were like "yeah this time travel poo poo is too much. I thought this was a grounded, normal show about conspiracies or whatever. I'm out."

Granted, CW or Fox will take more chances then most, but not always. Sometimes I think they just like to throw 5 or 6 genre shows at the wall to see if one sticks for a season or two.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Just caught up on the finale. Was Natalie an agent all along then? That is about the only thing that makes sense and explains how she was able to kill Cara. Unless I missed it being stated when she and Russell were talking.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
she went off the reservation, because problems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think the writing was on the wall for this show when the title never got changed because nobody cared enough.

• Locked thread