Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

WhiteHowler posted:

That really sucks.

Legit is (was) a criminally underrated show, and it didn't deserve to be tossed into the cesspool that is FXX -- where it immediately lost half its viewers.
And not just relegating it to FXX- doing that and denying it of the boost it got from being after Archer. I hate to say it, but I've forgotten that it's been on a few times this season. As good as it was, it didn't have the clout to survive on its own on a new channel.

I've been repeating this in a lot of places, but I'll say it here: Legit season 1 was hilarious but not much more than a vehicle for Jim Jeffries to put his jokes in a sitcom format. This season was a lot more than that, since the actions from the previous season ended up having consequences, it had some really heavy moments, and it made you care more about the characters. Also, Katie was a harbinger of bad things- every time she showed up, you know something heavy was gonna happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

ChoZen got axed as well. I gave up on it 2-3 eps in, it just didn't hook me. Guess I wasn't alone.

I guess ChoZen just wasn't...

Chosen

:v:

(Is Sunny back for another season?)

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Postal Parcel posted:

I guess ChoZen just wasn't...

Chosen

:v:

(Is Sunny back for another season?)

It's been renewed through season twelve.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

A little late to Glee chat, but I was a huge fan of the first half of the first season. When it came back after a long break, the show wasn't nearly as good. The second season was even worse, and I had to push myself to finish it over the summer. I had no interest in the show after, and it should have ended after 3 seasons when everyone finished high school, MAYBE giving it a 13 episode 4th season if you wanted to see what happened to them afterward.

I'm glad that Glee went in the shitter.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

screenwritersblues posted:

I kind of hoped that Believe was going to get through a whole season, but Crisis, man that show was down right terrible from the start. Everything about it had done in six written all over it. There was nothing good about from the start, the story was bad, the writing was horrible and the acting was horrible. Even Gillan Anderson, who might have been the best thing about the show, couldn't save it from how awful it was.
Crysis wasn't great but it was solid and enjoyable, especially after so many simpler and more tedious kidnapping shows. I think they helped keep things interesting by making the CIA the main adversary and instigator of much of the conflict, rather than having the main cast chase red herrings for episode after episode. You actually wanted the kidnapper to win.

It was also better than 24 Season 9 has been so far.

ChipNDip
Sep 6, 2010

How many deaths are prevented by an executive order that prevents big box stores from selling seeds, furniture, and paint?

Y-Hat posted:

And not just relegating it to FXX- doing that and denying it of the boost it got from being after Archer. I hate to say it, but I've forgotten that it's been on a few times this season. As good as it was, it didn't have the clout to survive on its own on a new channel.

I've been repeating this in a lot of places, but I'll say it here: Legit season 1 was hilarious but not much more than a vehicle for Jim Jeffries to put his jokes in a sitcom format. This season was a lot more than that, since the actions from the previous season ended up having consequences, it had some really heavy moments, and it made you care more about the characters. Also, Katie was a harbinger of bad things- every time she showed up, you know something heavy was gonna happen.

The finale was heavy as gently caress. I wonder what season 3 would have looked like.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Kevin Reilly is out as entertainment chairman at FOX. I blame FOX's insistence on keeping around the rotting corpse that is American Idol and making it a central part of their lineup.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/foxs-kevin-reilly-depart-707910

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Kevin Reilly is out as entertainment chairman at FOX. I blame FOX's insistence on keeping around the rotting corpse that is American Idol and making it a central part of their lineup.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/foxs-kevin-reilly-depart-707910

I imagine that, when you have to thank Rupert Murdoch for anything and make it sound real, you can actually feel your soul die.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
We've already got our first summer casualties: I Wanna Marry 'Harry' and Riot both got pulled amidst their already limited runs. Remaining episodes will be released online and on-demand. Neither show pulled higher than a 0.4 and were just terrible. Harry in particular was torturous and derivative beyond belief. Comedy repeats will take their slot next week.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Let's discuss it: the statistical likelihood of community returning was slim to none, and just

Just

No more betting on community ok

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?
What the gently caress right?

How did that even happen?

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/01/hieroglyph-cancelled-before-it-premieres

So Hieroglyph has been cancelled because it wasn't "meeting a certain level creatively". Looking forward to seeing it replaced with a super creative police procedural.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme
Oh man Fienberg and Sepinwall are going to be in stitches over that.

HIEROGLYPH!!

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Shakugan posted:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/01/hieroglyph-cancelled-before-it-premieres

So Hieroglyph has been cancelled because it wasn't "meeting a certain level creatively". Looking forward to seeing it replaced with a super creative police procedural.

DAMNIT! No Almost Human* and Hieroglyph is dead before arrival. Ugh

*I know that it was due to cost/licensing with WB

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme
Fox cut the episode order for Glee's final season from 22 to 13, obviously. The disgraced former hit will get an uninterrupted midseason run, which is much more than it deserves from the network. At least the finale might pop a 1.5 for them, assuming they don't air it on a weekend night (they're probably going to air it on a weekend night).

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Why did it fall from grace? I know that after the first block of episodes it was basically poo poo but that never seemed to bother hardcore fans of anything.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

PriorMarcus posted:

Why did it fall from grace? I know that after the first block of episodes it was basically poo poo but that never seemed to bother hardcore fans of anything.

I think it's more that it was a solid ratings performer (which is why it got picked up for a few years instead of just one) and then pretty shortly afterward stopped performing. And a main cast member's suicide didn't help.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

PriorMarcus posted:

A combination of like 50 things, like one of the lead actors dying from heroin overdose, culminating in a sub-1.0 rating in the main demo now. Even when it got picked up for two seasons, it was pulling ~1.5 in the demo. Only the hardest of hardcore fans are still watching.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme
The buzz the show had after its first (excellent) season earned it a 5.6 for the S2 premiere. Last year's S5 premiere bowed to a 2.0 and finished with a 0.6 for the finale. Just for perspective. Also their ad prices were enormous due to how many mp3s they were moving on iTunes. Now they barely chart.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Holy poo poo, those are sub-Community numbers. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

MrAristocrates posted:

Holy poo poo, those are sub-CW numbers. :psyduck:

Fixed
Seriously, this is my post from one of the season's worst performers:

Postal Parcel posted:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...-d-flat/263937/

OH GOD
Glee has caused Fox to literally hit sub-CW numbers, and Riot is DOA.
pre:
CW 	The Originals - Season Finale 	0.9/3 	2.06
FOX 	Glee - Season Finale 	0.6/2 	1.92

CW 	Supernatural 	0.9/3 	2.14 	
FOX 	Riot - Series Premiere 	0.5/1 	1.32

• Locked thread