Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Yes

I kind of want to get my trades done first though :shobon: I guess we could schedule a time now. I have all day on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.

Myriad, do you still have that Coordinated Assault? I have a few pretty good white cards I'm not using.

cuntman.net fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Mar 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012
Although I do have Coordinated Assault and you do have cards I'm interested in, I've already done my trade this week, so I must decline.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

I thought we have two trades a week

logis
Dec 30, 2004
Slippery Tilde

Sleepy Owl posted:

Yes

I kind of want to get my trades done first though :shobon: I guess we could schedule a time now. I have all day on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.

Myriad, do you still have that Coordinated Assault? I have a few pretty good white cards I'm not using.

I'm on the IRC channel; ready to play.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

2-0 to logis, most exciting boring games ever

Actually the second game was pretty neat in general.

logis
Dec 30, 2004
Slippery Tilde
Sleepy Owl and logis dueled (with razor-sharp rectangles). logis emerged with fewer cuts, the victor.

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012
Okay, trading my Coordinated Assault, Dauntless Onslaught, and Nyxborn Rollicker for Sleepy Owl's Hopeful Eidolon, Ordeal of Heliod, and Akroan Horse.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Myriad Truths posted:

Okay, trading my Coordinated Assault, Dauntless Onslaught, and Nyxborn Rollicker for Sleepy Owl's Hopeful Eidolon, Ordeal of Heliod, and Akroan Horse.

Confirming this.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
Boxman, Goferchan, Lightning Lord, Ranpire.

Waiting on games (maybe I missed you posting yours?)

Ranpire
Nov 6, 2012
Sorry for vanishing, my brother's wedding was this past weekend and turned into an all-consuming vortex. Who'm I playing... boxman? I'm idling in the #goonvitational IRC channel all the time, find me there, send me a PM, whatever works, now that the wedding vortex is over I'm relatively free again.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Ranpire posted:

Sorry for vanishing, my brother's wedding was this past weekend and turned into an all-consuming vortex. Who'm I playing... boxman? I'm idling in the #goonvitational IRC channel all the time, find me there, send me a PM, whatever works, now that the wedding vortex is over I'm relatively free again.

It's no problem. I vanished a bit as well, got caught up with school midterms.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

I'm like 99% sure this is just over and done with. Learn from the experience and let's make a better one happen next time 'round.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Mikujin posted:

I'm like 99% sure this is just over and done with. Learn from the experience and let's make a better one happen next time 'round.

I was going to finish it up now that spring break is over. But everyone that is left in can decide.

logis
Dec 30, 2004
Slippery Tilde
Well, if its over, then I enjoyed the deck building part (i.e. getting to build a funny-to-me kitchen table deck) and having a good record, well, was cool too.

Death of Rats
Oct 2, 2005

SQUEAK
I'd be keen to keep playing for another couple of rounds and finish this thing up. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm happy enough with my deck to dispense with trading for the rest of the competition. That should speed up the final rounds substantially.

uruloki
Jan 8, 2007

SHIT YEAH, REQUISITION ME SOME OF THAT SHIT, BITCH

SKILCRAFT
QUALITY BLIND MADE PRODUCTS, BITCH

Death of Rats posted:

I'd be keen to keep playing for another couple of rounds and finish this thing up. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm happy enough with my deck to dispense with trading for the rest of the competition. That should speed up the final rounds substantially.

Ditto.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Death of Rats posted:

Sounds good to me.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

http://challonge.com/60tnojmj

Next Round. No trades or packs.

uruloki
Jan 8, 2007

SHIT YEAH, REQUISITION ME SOME OF THAT SHIT, BITCH

SKILCRAFT
QUALITY BLIND MADE PRODUCTS, BITCH
Death of Rats 2 - me 0

Brutal deck there.

Death of Rats
Oct 2, 2005

SQUEAK

uruloki posted:

Death of Rats 2 - me 0

Confirming this result.

I think maybe the next tournament should have a cap on the number of a single card allowed in a deck; once trading opens, anyway. Running 4+ of a specific card in a 40 (in my case, 6 Spellheart Chimera) leads to some ridiculous consistency.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Death of Rats posted:

Confirming this result.

I think maybe the next tournament should have a cap on the number of a single card allowed in a deck; once trading opens, anyway. Running 4+ of a specific card in a 40 (in my case, 6 Spellheart Chimera) leads to some ridiculous consistency.

Yeah I actually brought that up when I was planning it out but I don't recall anyone saying anything. I was hoping for 8 sedge scorpions :)

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Is this all Theros drafts or are people cubing too?

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

AlsoD posted:

People cube and do all sorts of things. You can always try and get a group for whatever you want to play. Just tell people to go to the irc room

Kids and Guns
Apr 1, 2013
If anyone wants to do a draft this weekend, that would be pretty cool. Just hop in the irc room whenever you can.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

AlsoD posted:

We do whatever we feel like. Sometimes we do grab-bag drafting/sealed where we just pick a few sets at random. It's entirely up to players.

As an aside, I'd have been around earlier for stuff if I hadn't been sleeping after all-night cubing! We had a total blast and you can never cube too much.

I basically drafted U/G ramp twice (since everyone kept shipping me great stuff for it), and the only major highlights were during set one for the evening.

Game 1, Match 2 (I'm 1-0), I go T1 Birds, T2 Timewalk, T3 Snapcaster-Time Walk, T4 Plow Under my opponent's only two lands, T5 Crystal Shard bounce-Snaps, T6 Snaps-Plow Under. :getin:

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Cubing is lovely. The club at my college has a peasant cube where I managed to put together a blue black with a touch of white reanimator deck. Use loot effects to drop an eldrazi into the graveyard turn two, pull it out turn three, run over the opponent.

Unless they kill it, in which I just reanimate it again. :v:

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Ramos posted:

Cubing is lovely. The club at my college has a peasant cube where I managed to put together a blue black with a touch of white reanimator deck. Use loot effects to drop an eldrazi into the graveyard turn two, pull it out turn three, run over the opponent.

Unless they kill it, in which I just reanimate it again. :v:

Eldrazi are the one thing I'm happy I don't see in our cubes (mine or the other in my play group). In cubes especially they're just busted and no fun.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Mikujin posted:

Eldrazi are the one thing I'm happy I don't see in our cubes (mine or the other in my play group). In cubes especially they're just busted and no fun.

Says the guy running time walk.

It's a nine mana creature that fails to see play otherwise, falls apart to bounce effects and exile effects, among other things in the cube. Not to mention the wide variety of other strategies that can deal with it, including even making enough tokens per turn to run me down while chumping just fine.

It's balanced so long as you're picky about what eldrazi matches what sort of cube and how many there are. The peasant cube only runs two and reanimator wouldn't work nearly as well without some decently large creatures with additional effects on them.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

In a powered cube where Time Walk exists, it's only appropriate to play the strong Eldrazi. T1/2/3 Emrakul/Kozilek/Ulamog will almost always win a game, Time Walk is something much easier to trounce.

In peasant cubes, a lot of decks tend to be more 'fair' and dealing with a 10/9 or 8/8 on T2 can already be a lost cause before factoring in Annihilator.

Don't get me wrong, I like them, understand they're strong and why, but at the same time I don't like that in almost any scenario where you see them pack 1 or 2 you just snatch them up and start hunting down cards that cheat them into play.

logis
Dec 30, 2004
Slippery Tilde
Draft tonight? Get to IRC!

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

I want to do something with standard format, but with no money everyone can just make the most expensive deck of the month.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

goodness posted:

I want to do something with standard format, but with no money everyone can just make the most expensive deck of the month.

Standard is super loving boring. Modern instead!

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Mikujin posted:

Mikujin posted:

Hey now. STD was pretty fun when I played (lorwyn and Innistrad) :D

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

We are probably going to do a Theros full block draft right now!! Get in irc

It's starting!!!

cuntman.net fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Apr 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Well Im burned out on MTG for the next 1-2 years, but if someone wants to take the helm I'll close this and you can start a thread?

• Locked thread