Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cold Fusion
May 27, 2001

Mondian posted:

90s were cool until '97, then it all started to slide towards the 2000's shithole.

Basically the 90's died when Seinfeld did

motherfuckin nineties' snype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

no. it was the talkboy idiot

HI KIDS WE'RE HOME EARLY

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

I thought Ross Perot was dead. I mean he was old in '92 come on.

Zen Punk
Dec 26, 2005

interfaced
Ross Perot is undying and eternal. He just gets smaller and more goblinesque. By 2050 he will be 3 feet tall.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Mondian posted:

90s were cool until '97, then it all started to slide towards the 2000's shithole.

Late 90s were Star Wars Episode 1, Amerkin Godzilla, Y2k fears, poo poo like that. The era of the neon coolkid was over. Gone were the pogs and other cool fads, gone was their skateboarding scene, gone were the new tv shows in the style of the early and mid 90s. Rock died, modern pop won. Eventually, we grew up, found reliable internet access, stopped caring about the 90s and buried ourselves in whatever hobbies we enjoyed.

To these days I still wonder if the 90s coolkid ever really existed. Sure, I see people now and then who exemplify the 90s aesthetic but I wonder if they were cool back then. If the coolkid ideal were pushed today, would the current generation of kid accept it or would they just laugh?

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

(remember that game?)

Urkel!

too many more awesome things about the 90s

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Unguided posted:

To these days I still wonder if the 90s coolkid ever really existed. Sure, I see people now and then who exemplify the 90s aesthetic but I wonder if they were cool back then. If the coolkid ideal were pushed today, would the current generation of kid accept it or would they just laugh?

90s coolkids looked like dirtbags

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

i.e.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdbnI9zlej8
So painfully 90s. It hurts so much in a good way.

Also weird kitsch from when Phil Hartman was still alive and Mike Myers and Michael Richards were still relevant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0tu6kclScY

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I remember the first half but not the second half.

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

no. it was the talkboy idiot

Those were cheap and lovely and didn't work nearly as well as the commercials led us to believe, seriously were you even alive in the 90s?

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
bump

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

EmperorFritoBandito posted:

Those were cheap and lovely and didn't work nearly as well as the commercials led us to believe, seriously were you even alive in the 90s?

no. I was dead for a while

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSKyaXkzVvc

Tendril_Mullet
Jul 20, 2014

The 90s gave us Matthew Lillard so yeah it was p cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gawdfather
Jul 29, 2011
I'm surprised nobody mentioned Raves. When I went it was always wall to wall amazingly hot women.

• Locked thread