Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Tits. Boys and their Dogs. Rocket Bikes. Gruff voiced manly men swinging axes at each other. If any of these sci-fi tropes appeal to you - and you've seen Pitch Black and Chronicles of Riddick, this reconciliation of the two will be highly entertaining. If you aren't a fan then you won't find anything new here as this is a decided throwback to 80's style machismo.
I'm a fan of the first two movies, and the fact that they almost appeared to occur in different universes is the biggest problem this movie has to face (along with the chauvinistic helpings of testosterone) as it begins trying to bring the two different worlds together. Thankfully that doesn't last long and we're left with everyone's favourite space convict (with bonus super strength and other bullshit from the second movie) doing what he does best, killing stuff and being a badass underdog.

Don't try to take it seriously, its not deep. Its pretty sexist. I expect the dialogue to be corny, it surprises when it rises above that "is that the dingo from before??" "uhhh... I totally shot it... must be another one..." but I'm not disappointed when it doesn't. Like most boys I used to be an oversexed 13yr old and tapping into those memories had me thinking that this was the best movie ever until I walked out of the cinema.

4/5 for boyish nostalgia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU