Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

You can hire a maid to clean your room. She's a social link and you can date her (I think)

She's also your teacher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.

Tarezax posted:

You can hire a maid to clean your room. She's a social link and you can date her (I think)

She's also your teacher

Hahahahaha. Oh God.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Tarezax posted:

She's also your teacher

Ahahahahaha! I debated mousing over the spoiler text, and I'm so glad I did. That sounds like it could go up there in Persona history along with Final Boss Hitler, and dateable bisexual robot death machine that goes to school with you and learns to love.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Catalina posted:

Ahahahahaha! I debated mousing over the spoiler text, and I'm so glad I did. That sounds like it could go up there in Persona history along with Final Boss Hitler, and dateable bisexual robot death machine that goes to school with you and learns to love.
Don't insult Aigis by comparing her to this!

Honestly, the only thing that really bothers me about that social link is that you can apparently date her later on. So far it's been surprisingly reasonable apart from that. There are other things about the game that I'm more cross with than that.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Sheep finished his Persona 5 stream last night. Here's my gender politics coda: I was wrong. Despite it starting bad and staying bad for a long time, and the whole romance system being completely poo poo, it does eventually land somewhere that's surprisingly good for any video game.

If you want to see the whole thing from the start, apparently he's doing a second run soon, the madman.

Alligator Pie
Apr 26, 2008

Give away the green grass, Give away the sky
The only Persona game I've played is Dancing All Night, but I'm a rhythm game junkie right now. It's a little dialogue heavy but the two songs it let me play so far in just as many hours weren't bad. I'll probably pick it up again but Project Diva Future Tone has 200+ songs and has stolen my attention since the summer.

I might try P4 when my husband is done with it, since I do like RPGs and, as everyone says, there are romance options! :haw: That's why we're in this thread, right?

Really hoping that someday the thread returns to finish the remaining games. I passed my N4 exam this summer and, while that's still pretty beginner, I'm functional enough to play and understand the majority of TMGS 3 and it is absolutely a blast. The main characters are all likable and the mechanics, while sometimes weird, can be really entertaining. The dialogue cracks me up a lot of the time. Here's hoping we'll all get to go through it with Sheep. :shobon:

Alligator Pie fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Nov 14, 2016

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Persona 4 DAN is the epitome of the Persona series.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

FractalSandwich posted:

Sheep finished his Persona 5 stream last night. Here's my gender politics coda: I was wrong. Despite it starting bad and staying bad for a long time, and the whole romance system being completely poo poo, it does eventually land somewhere that's surprisingly good for any video game.

If you want to see the whole thing from the start, apparently he's doing a second run soon, the madman.

Thanks! I'm glad you came back to post an update! It actually influences my decision to preorder. I'm a female player who likes RPG's (For 20 years now!), and while it's not my primary motivator for buying or rejecting a game, that sort of stuff does have affect my buying decisions. I had the Premium Edition preordered and cancelled it and moved the game to my "Guess I'll play it some day when the price goes down" after I saw both your post and a promotional picture of a picture that I can only describe as Maximum Anime Leather Catsuit Tits and rear end!!! http://www.siliconera.com/2016/10/27/atlus-introduces-persona-5s-ann-takamaki/ I guess I'll start up my preorder again. :) And maybe sneak a peak at the first gameplay hour on Sheep's stream, to get me even more excited for it.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Even Anne is fine when she's not running around as a sexy Catwoman knockoff in the dungeons. But she's the first woman to join the party, and she's the only one for way too long, so the game makes a really poor first impression. When they eventually do show up, all the rest of the women in the party are great, and almost all the others with social links are too.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
This thread is three years old today, if you can believe that. Since Sheep isn't around right now, I took it upon myself to dig up some bonus content. Here's a behind-the-scenes photo our producer took of me in the studio recording my vocals for our cover of God of Courage.

Alligator Pie
Apr 26, 2008

Give away the green grass, Give away the sky
A true professional! :japan:

Happy Birthday, thread. :toot:

I'm still playing these games, and I'm glad Sheep introduced us to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I just found this thread and hopefully I'll catch up soon. It's interesting to see the influence these early games had on the genre.

• Locked thread