Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

liltimshady posted:

I loved the Fiona/Lip interaction on the steps; they realized that they needed each other on the same side for the family to function.

As for Jimmy/Steve/Jack/whoever, I'd rather he not stay in Fiona's life. This season was just fine without him. (Maybe meet up once for closure but that's about it. Then again, I don't think that either of them can do that without another fling, so...stay away.)

Most of the finale I liked, though. Carl :smith: I'm afraid he's going on the same path as Frank.

I think Steve if he's out of the cartel life might be a decently stabilising presence, chances are he's going to be bad for everyone and still involved in nefarious poo poo but it should be good to see anyway.

I really liked all the dudes in the bar telling Mickey they accept him in the only way they could.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
That scene was a little bit cheesy in its attempt to stay topical with the Jason Collins and Michael Sam references. Something about the dialogue seemed really forced.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Henchman of Santa posted:

That scene was a little bit cheesy in its attempt to stay topical with the Jason Collins and Michael Sam references. Something about the dialogue seemed really forced.

Nothing about it felt forced and if it did its because it was an honest attempt for blue collar dudes to say "it's ok you like dick" without knowing the right way how.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

BlindSite posted:

Nothing about it felt forced and if it did its because it was an honest attempt for blue collar dudes to say "it's ok you like dick" without knowing the right way how.

i agree with you

hepscat
Jan 16, 2005

Avenging Nun
Yeah, it was forced in the sense of heterosexual guys trying to find some common ground to put Mickey at ease and not really being good at it, but their heart was in the right place.

Joramun posted:

Both Frank and Fiona's storylines this season were resolved by a deus ex machina. Lame.

Mickey and Ian are the best couple on TV though (besides Mindy and Danny from The Mindy Project), so that evens it out.

At least Fiona's was believable. 10% of her sentence would have been 9 days. I'm really glad we weren't in for a bunch of Grrrls in Lockup drama. I wasn't even anxious about the pill thing because there was no way Fiona had taken it unless she really was completely foreign to everything they'd been building up for her. She really did seem at rock bottom waking up in Sheboygan.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
yeah i'm pretty tired of shows i watch doing 'guess what now we're in jail' schticks

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Grawl posted:

Guess I stopped watching as soon as the credits came on. poo poo.

e: All is cool, found the clip here - http://www.ibtimes.com/shameless-season-4-spoilers-season-finale-ending-shocks-fans-watch-who-returned-surprising-1568216

Never do that on Shameless, there's a credits scene on most episodes.

Crappers
Jun 16, 2012
Wow. So I started watching season 1 a couple of months ago (convinced by this threads OP no less) and somehow caught up just in time to see the finale of S4 around the same time as the rest of you. Such a great show. Kind of reminds me of Six Feet Under in a way, with it's moments of hilarious-ness followed by crushing you emotionally. I found myself feeling sorry for Frank even though he's a horrible piece of poo poo and I'm glad he didn't die. I don't think the show would be quite the same without his rants and schemes. Not sure about the Jimmy/Steve reveal. I quite the liked the idea of him being murdered and no one really having any closure on that ever (does this make me bad?).

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Disappointed to see Jimmy back.

Really sad to see Carl drink so much.

Otherwise, good finale.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I made the mistake of cancelling Showtime in favor of HBO for the Games of Thrones premiere and forgot about the Shameless finale. Can I buy the last episode anywhere? I didn't see it on iTunes last night.

MrTpug
Feb 16, 2011

Mickey has had the best arc in the series so far. Changing from a street thug afraid of his father and who he truly was, into accepting that, standing up to his dad despite the consequences, and finding his love. Now his love may be ill and it's killing him. Awesome

Kev's line "We don't give a poo poo who you're loving" was awesome and the guys at the bar were onboard with that statement.

Are they considering if they take Ian to the doctor that the military is going to swoop in and arrest him?

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

teagone posted:

[edit] Didn't realize Jeffrey Dean Morgan was cast in this show.
The voice was immediately recognizable but physically wasn't for some reason so I wasn't sure until I looked it up - think he just lost some weight, looked much thinner from what I remember.

Yeah, not exactly jazzed to see Jimmy back either.

The Mash posted:

I thought for sure Frank was going to take one last sip and then pour out the rest but then it just wouldn't be Shameless would it.
Same here, rather I hoped that's what was going to happen, but then it wouldn't be fuckin' Frank.

Frank, you loving fuckwad gently caress.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Happy_Misanthrope posted:

The voice was immediately recognizable but physically wasn't for some reason so I wasn't sure until I looked it up - think he just lost some weight, looked much thinner from what I remember.
For a second I thought it was Marc Maron before he started talking.

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?
I really thought Frank was gonna throw the bottle in the water too. It's brilliant: they have all the coughing up blood scenes and all the hospital scenes and all the scenes with his family crying, and then he gets a new liver magically even though the one doctor at the other hospital said Frank was one of the greatest substance abusers of all time. So when I think "what the gently caress did I just go through all this for..." that is the same feeling that Frank's kids have felt so many times in their lives. Good Story Guys!

What the gently caress am I reading comics or something...is Professor X coming back to life...again? Really?

Also I don't know who that guy in the car after the credits was. It's strange he looked like Jimmy/Steve, but if they brought that guy back it would just be bad writing....

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Henchman of Santa posted:

Yeah, I'm gonna have to disagree as well, that scene was bloody amazing.

Why all the Jimmy/Steve hate? I think it will be good to have him back. I still can't believe they did though. Dan Fienberg on the Firewall and Iceberg podcast would constantly say "unless i see a head/body, I don't care what people say, I think he will be back" and I kept thinking "you IDIOT, he isn't alive". But no, he is back. Wow.

Great episode and season (although I love every other season too so I can't say it was the best). Chalk me up as another "thought Frank was going to throw the bottle. And once he drank it, spit it out and throw the bottle." It was really sad to watch to be honest, especially because of Carl. But that's what makes Shameless a unique TV show, not many other shows would do that.

I think they did the Bipolar stuff really well. That is one scary rear end condition. It's amazing how little we actually know about it as well.

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006

liltimshady posted:

As for Jimmy/Steve/Jack/whoever, I'd rather he not stay in Fiona's life. This season was just fine without him. (Maybe meet up once for closure but that's about it. Then again, I don't think that either of them can do that without another fling, so...stay away.)

Gets into a good relationship, fucks it up by loving the dude's brother and doing coke.. leaves said coke out for her youngest kid she's the guardian of to get into, gets arrested and pleads guilty as a convicted felon. Breaks probation and goes on a wild bender leaving her 300 miles away from home and goes to jail. Only released because of an overcrowded jail system.

Yeeeeeah, I think the last thing you could say is that Fiona's life is better without him.

As for the season, I really started missing his character when she was loving up and continued to gently caress up so badly at. Not like he had his poo poo together. But I'm glad Jimmy/Steve/Jack is back again.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I'm kinda glad Jimmy/Steve is back, even though the whole dying thing is now complete bullshit. He's good for Fiona and hopefully his whole comeback thing is a positive.

Oliver Reed
Mar 18, 2014

You know, the only time I liked Sheila was when she fought with Frank's mother. Sheila said she had a devil's womb that smelled like brimstone and sulfur. Frank's mom responded by calling her a batty bitch and a windbag, before pulling a gun.

How did an angel like Frank come from such a monster?...

And I was happy to see this.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Rewatching this show. In hindsight the contrast between the Milkoviches and Gallaghers is huge, there really is 0% love in the former. How many sons does Terry have anyway?

Mickey was clearly the best character the 4th season though. This is totally like, the second most underrated show on TV.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Whats the first most underrated one?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Fetus Tree posted:

Rick and Morty.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Finally saw the finale. Amazing. I was waiting for something soul crushing to happen at the end but I'm glad it didn't happen. In a lesser show it would but not Shameless. I didn't recognize Jeffery Dean Morgan until I saw his name in the credits. Also glad that Steve's alive. I like his character and I like Justin Chatwin.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Fetus Tree posted:

Continuum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit
Just finished season 4, was definitely the best season of an awesome show, not just for the lack of JimmySteve. Supremely disappointed in the post-credits reveal, Fiona needs to move forward and that spoiled voyeuristic manbaby ain't the way girl.

• Locked thread