Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I

Contra Duck posted:

I'm sure this has been asked a lot but checking the last few pages and the OP didn't turn up anything so here goes - I lost my season 1 saves when my hard disk died, is there any tool out there that can let me recreate it?

Nope. Gotta replay it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
Wow, I read back through this whole thread and :yikes: at that ~50-page Kenny vs. Jane argument.

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Why does she have white hands?

Because she's pale? She might be racially ambiguous, but caucasians aren't the only pale people (which is why "white" is dumb, and so is "race" for that matter).

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

I don't want to risk bumping into spoilers so I'll just ask:

I played Season 1 on PS3, but have Season 2 on steam. Is season 2 worth playing without a season 1 save for the persistent choices?

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

No. Go buy Season 1 and replay it to construct a good save file.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The Silver Snail posted:

I don't want to risk bumping into spoilers so I'll just ask:

I played Season 1 on PS3, but have Season 2 on steam. Is season 2 worth playing without a season 1 save for the persistent choices?

I think the biggest thing you might lose, depending on the RNG, is what you had Clem do to Lee at the end of Season 1. Otherwise, you're not missing much.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Max posted:

I think the biggest thing you might lose, depending on the RNG, is what you had Clem do to Lee at the end of Season 1. Otherwise, you're not missing much.

I feel like I'm spoiling something but all I'm saying is something the game doesn't do so I guess I'm not but even that doesn't matter much past the first episode. I suppose there is that scene in the first episode of Season 2 when you can tell Luke what happened and pick from an appropriately guilt-ridden list of option, especially if Clem shot Lee ("I had to. ...I had to.") but it just doesn't come to mean much after that..

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Kibayasu posted:

I feel like I'm spoiling something but all I'm saying is something the game doesn't do so I guess I'm not but even that doesn't matter much past the first episode. I suppose there is that scene in the first episode of Season 2 when you can tell Luke what happened and pick from an appropriately guilt-ridden list of option, especially if Clem shot Lee ("I had to. ...I had to.") but it just doesn't come to mean much after that..

You can tell Kenny what you had to do when you talk to him in the tent. It hits REALLY hard.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Why does she have white hands?

Because the toy company is cheap and decided to stick a bunch of leftover Ellie hands on their Clem figure.

ja2ke
Feb 19, 2004

Rabbit Hill posted:

Wow, I read back through this whole thread and :yikes: at that ~50-page Kenny vs. Jane argument.

Because she's pale? She might be racially ambiguous, but caucasians aren't the only pale people (which is why "white" is dumb, and so is "race" for that matter).

Clem's skin tone also seems to just get lighter with each iteration. If you compare the first season one concept art to the last ep of season 2 and the toy it's weird to me.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Gamers are largely white, so you make your protagonist as much like them as possible?

Eh no, not with Lee as the protagonist in Season 1. But yeah, Clem definitely got paler.

Then again, I'd really like to see a demographic breakdown of TellTale's Walking Dead franchise.

Grand Prize Winner fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Feb 16, 2015

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Please don't try to justify white washing.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Clem is turning white because she's seen a lot of scary poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRT5rK4Q1nk

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Realtalk I was ready to walk out with Kenny literally the moment he appeared cause that group was powerfully retarded. They keep going "oooooh we're being hunted by some crazy guy!! you have to save us literal child!!" While the entire time my reaction was a solid:

This is a solid, perfect representation of how I felt. I'm a 9 year old girl and I'm supposed to help a group of strangers (and one old friend) escape or kill some psycho running another well-organized survivor camp? Like just charge in and kick his rear end, as if we're in a video game? I mean I guess we are in a video game but that's aside the point.

Also, gently caress the Kenny haters. If there's one person in the whole, wide, entire world he would do anything for by the end of the game, it's Clem. Why wouldn't I stick by him? Even if he did end up becoming another tyrant like Carver on down the road, you can bet your asses he'd have a firing crew ready if anyone so much as slights Clem in the least. I loving loved Kenny by the end of the game and gladly let him execute Jane for her dumb decisions. I get that Jane's a true survivalist and has some good ideas about not trusting anyone, but Clem & Kenny have been through so much together that they've bonded almost as much as Clem & Lee. Sticking a newborn baby in a car in the freezing cold to prove a point about what she thinks about Kenny is even more unstable than anything Kenny's done - he's lost a lot of people he loves and befriended in the past couple of years, and it's no wonder he's ready to put Jane down. Meanwhile, we still don't know much about Jane other than her loss of her sister, and how she didn't seem too disturbed that a guy she hosed just drowned the day before. Holy poo poo, she'd probably stab Clem in the back for a can of food.

So I got the ending where I saved Kenny, and stayed at Wellington.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

gay skull posted:

:words: kenny love
Same

well said.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Man, Kenny would have snapped on Clem in a second. After whatsherface dies he explodes on Clem for a situation that she couldn't have done a drat thing about, and then he only rolls downhill in sanity from there. At the end he had latched on to the baby so much that if anything happened to it (and Jane wasn't there to be an easier target), Kenny would have stabbed her in the face.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

DeathChicken posted:

Man, Kenny would have snapped on Clem in a second. After whatsherface dies he explodes on Clem for a situation that she couldn't have done a drat thing about, and then he only rolls downhill in sanity from there. At the end he had latched on to the baby so much that if anything happened to it (and Jane wasn't there to be an easier target), Kenny would have stabbed her in the face.

Kenny was grieving and angry about loosing another person he cared about so he snapped. Just because the new group is full of unthinking robots who move passed death at the speed of light doesn't make Kenny unstable.

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

I don't need a demonstratably unstable (even in season 1) person telling me he's doing things in my interest whilst struggling with very bad PTSD and a potentially mind-bending infection in his eyeball.

I like Kenny a lot and I think he is well written but pretending he wasn't losing it is missing the point.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
Kenny or Jane?

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
Because sure Kenny was hosed, but he was family, and I'd follow him to the grave.

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

I'm not defending Jane. I left her in the dust just the same, she was crazypants too.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

laplace posted:

I don't need a demonstratably unstable (even in season 1) person telling me he's doing things in my interest whilst struggling with very bad PTSD and a potentially mind-bending infection in his eyeball.

I like Kenny a lot and I think he is well written but pretending he wasn't losing it is missing the point.

I really think if push came to shove, he'd easily gouge out someone else's eyeballs bare handed for Clementine. The latter part of the game was really written around Clem telling him "no" and being the peacekeeper, but I was on the "gently caress Argo" bandwagon from the moment we met him, and I was right on board with Kenny wanting to off him. But there were a couple of dialogue choices where I had to just stay quiet because everything else Clem could have said would have in one way or another, tried to side with Argo or be neutral, and Kenny was just written to have that rift between he and Clem. As if the writers couldn't possibly imagine people thinking Argo wasn't absolutely loveable, or something. At the end of the day, though, he did trust Clem with Alvin Jr., so I seriously doubt he'd go nuts and try to backstab Clem over Alvin because he's going bonkers. If Kenny wanted to hurt Clem, he'd have done it after the Jane fight. He was certainly fired up enough to, and he's impulsive as poo poo.

Imagine what he'd do if someone else tried to kill Clementine? Or if Arvo didn't get away after shooting Clem? He'd be wearing their teeth as a necklace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

DeathChicken posted:

One of the earliest "Kenny Moments" is him smashing a dude's face in with a cinder block in front of his daughter before he'd even turned. I mean maybe he's a proactive guy and all but I mean... goddamn. I stuck by Kenny up until the whole "I'LL FUCKIN' MOIDAH YA" business with Jane (plus I already had Jane's plan figured out), and at that point I still half-heartedly tried to keep the peace before deciding to kill Kenny in the end. Imagine if Jane or Clementine actually had accidentally done something that ended up with the baby dying, Kenny would have probably killed them. He might hesitate with Clem, but we've already seen how he reacted with Jane. Yeah Jane's plan was crazy, but consider the fact that Jane's been around and lost people close to her too, and she doesn't go flying into a face-smashing rage when things go south. I'd rather stick with a level headed loner than an unstable hothead. That, and not killing Kenny would be the choice Kenny would have made. He'll stick by anyone as long as he's known them long enough and considers them "family" but will turn violently on outsiders. If Clem picked Kenny over Jane it'd be solely because she's known Kenny for a lot longer. I thought killing Kenny was more of a Clem choice, since it wasn't out of a sense of "duty" but because it seemed like the right thing to do.

As for Arvo, Arvo is just what Clementine would have become if she didn't stick up for herself at all or make her own choices. She'd be the one being told to set up an ambush by Kenny to rob some other group for the benefit of the group or as revenge or whatever other excuse.

• Locked thread