Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I played on the server a few times because I got absolutely murdered my first night because I joined on a horde night.

I was also constable running out of Stam. Two swings and I'd be out and then dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majik Ninja
Jan 16, 2004
Yeah, joining a server when it's the horde night is awful. You just get murdered with no chance to do anything. It's one of the reasons I never liked public servers. I like being in control of my game, and that's why I rent a dedicated server for this game. I'm in full control and always prepared for when the horde comes. Dedicated servers aren't even expensive now, you can get one for only $6 on removed.

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 30 days!)

i mean sure but you die once and then horde night is over for you, and you're level 1 so there's no death penalty, so you can just start playing as if nothing happened

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

i mean sure but you die once and then horde night is over for you, and you're level 1 so there's no death penalty, so you can just start playing as if nothing happened

Yeah and by the time you have enough stuff to matter you should have a reasonably secure place to log out so it wouldn't matter. I make sure my main base has some kind of backdoor into my horde base setup so I can ensure they don't trash my home. I put everything on the 2nd floor so it's more about convenience than existential fear.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'll probably just wait for A22 to come out before trying it again.

I watched a bunch of nerds guns and steel 7 days videos but they're just to, clincial i think is the best word for it. Its all "You want to use these things, not those because these are .23% less resources than those." and its not the loosey goosey, seat of your pants dumbess of the Neebs videos. Even when they have Khaine on in their Darkness Falls videos, its still "that should work, maybe".

Speaking of DF, i went back to it and realized, I kinda prefer the skillbook method of learning new stuff. just going purely by levels is way less involved.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

twistedmentat posted:

I'll probably just wait for A22 to come out before trying it again.

I watched a bunch of nerds guns and steel 7 days videos but they're just to, clincial i think is the best word for it. Its all "You want to use these things, not those because these are .23% less resources than those." and its not the loosey goosey, seat of your pants dumbess of the Neebs videos. Even when they have Khaine on in their Darkness Falls videos, its still "that should work, maybe".

Speaking of DF, i went back to it and realized, I kinda prefer the skillbook method of learning new stuff. just going purely by levels is way less involved.

You would probably enjoy Glock9 video's based on the above.

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

skillbooks are good but i think as the exclusive way of learning skills they don't work well

they should have mixed it up with the previous method, where you learn some "core" recipes by putting points into the skills, but books exist to make the recipes more efficient, or unlocking mods and upgraded versions. like you can build the forge itself, but crafting its enhancements like bellows/anvil etc. requires skillbooks.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

The Locator posted:

You would probably enjoy Glock9 video's based on the above.

Yeah Glock9 is fun, plays well but his videos are not focused on the whole flawless system powergaming thing, plus he's really good about editing down or out all the boring poo poo

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

a22 is coming this summer supposedly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
https://twitter.com/7DaystoDie/status/1776306198590951483

Dont take my Fro away man.