Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

The person who buys the badges gets the receipt for the purchase however the actual badge barcodes show up in the mailbox associated with the member id.

For instance, I purchased a ticket for my wife, a friend and myself yesterday. I got the receipt and confirmation of purchase for all three tickets however the barcode for registration just showed up in my wife's mailbox for her pass and mine for my pass.

However, my wife and friend were not notified by anyone but myself that a pass was purchased for them. I'm not sure what would've happened if they tried to buy another badge but there was no notification until they got the barcode that a pass was even available in their name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD
Whoever buys the badges gets a receipt and that contains the names of the people who the badges are tied to.

Member Badge Selection Information

Member Name xxxxxxxxxx
Badge Selections Sunday
Price $35.00
Member Total:$35.00
ORDER TOTAL:$35.00

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Press applications are now open

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/press

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Volunteer sign ups are open
http://comic-con.org/cci/volunteers

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

I planted radishes in this special dirt and they came up all weird!
:science: :ughh:
During prereg, if you haven't gotten a badge for yourself and don't want one, can you still buy others their badges (up to 3)? Or are you required to buy a badge/already have a badge before helping others out? Still trying to plan around having friends help my brother get his badge. Thanks!

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

XOIC of Radishes posted:

Or are you required to buy a badge/already have a badge before helping others out?

Guessing this part is true.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

Dr Tran posted:

Guessing this part is true.

I'm not sure if you actually do. They just need to have member IDs s the way I read their rules. If you do, you could always buy for yourself and the others then do the cancellation on yours.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

I just think you need a member ID and didn't get preview night if you were eligible for pre-reg. You don't even have to buy for yourself. At least that's how it was in pre-reg.

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

I planted radishes in this special dirt and they came up all weird!
:science: :ughh:
Thanks for the input. It is a bit of an odd situation to find oneself in (i.e. not buying a badge for oneself at checkout and only buying for others), so we'll see how it plays out.

Also, I was looking through badge registration emails from earlier this year, and see where a receipt is sent to the person who successfully purchases badges for themselves/others with all confirmation numbers listed for each individual's badge order. Since this confirmation number is also sent to the actual badge holder, I would be able to work with others to help my brother get his badge (and maybe upgrade my own to preview night in the process) and confirm/reward the person able to do so. I'm thinking about matching whatever the purchase price ends up being (e.g. $220 to cover badge cost, and an additional $220 reward), so long as it's a 4-day w/ or w/o preview night (and including if I'm upgraded to preview night as well).

Hopefully I can let this rest for a while now that it seems like a real possibility. Will post more later when registration is actually announced, as well as coordinating my own efforts to help others with their own badge purchases. Sorry to have used so much of this thread on this subject in the meantime.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Are we going to make a new thread for this year or just keep using this one? I could have sworn I ordered my Pro badges sometime in January and now I'm fearing I missed the window but there hasn't been any updates in the thread so :shrug:

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Sire Oblivion posted:

Are we going to make a new thread for this year or just keep using this one? I could have sworn I ordered my Pro badges sometime in January and now I'm fearing I missed the window but there hasn't been any updates in the thread so :shrug:

As soon as some news happens, I'll make a new thread. Ugh, I have to make a new thread. Anything you guys want to see added or cut from the OP?

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Returning Volunteer registration is tomorrow at 9am.

I'll put up a new thread tonight.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

The rumour is that hotels are March 24th.

RevKrule fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Jan 15, 2015

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Any rumor on pro registration? This will be my first year going as a pro (hooray for self-publishing!).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

RevKrule posted:

The rumour is that hotels are March 24th.
Last year was April 9

Hijinks Ensue posted:

Any rumor on pro registration? This will be my first year going as a pro (hooray for self-publishing!).

Last year was 1/29. My guess would be by the end of the month.

New thread
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3694964

• Locked thread