Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
He really is, though. He's a killer actor with probably the worst agent he could have. Maybe True Detective will start him on the stock slimeball character actor path he should have always been on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

Under the vegetable posted:

He really is, though. He's a killer actor with probably the worst agent he could have. Maybe True Detective will start him on the stock slimeball character actor path he should have always been on.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. He'll start out as a one-dimensional, fast-talking shady guy like someone straight out of a pulp novel. In the first episode, a bunch of people will be bitching about how it's just Vince Vaughn acting as Vince Vaughn in a character no different from every other Vince Vaughn role. But then, through the series, the character will gain depth and complexity and it'll seem like an overwhelming change just because the audience went into the first episode with preconceived notions about Vince Vaughn.

There's an opportunity for the show to use reactions to the casting to its great advantage. Who knows, maybe this was Nic Pizzolatto's plan.

The character is supposedly about a crime boss trying to go straight, so it would be a nifty thing to structure the show so that reactions to Vince Vaughn, the actor, drastically change in parallel. Bring the character from pulp fiction to crime noir. God knows Vince Vaughn can do pulp.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
I'll give the producers the benefit of the doubt. I mean, Harrelson and McConaughey? Come on, who would've guessed?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

I think Pizzolatto gets off on reviving washed up rom com actor's careers.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

I think Pizzolatto gets off on reviving washed up rom com actor's careers.

Hugh Grant confirmed for season 3.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

GhostDog posted:

I'll give the producers the benefit of the doubt. I mean, Harrelson and McConaughey? Come on, who would've guessed?

That's what I keep saying but people are like "dont care; vv is a dealbreaker for <reasons>" :shrug:

prezbuluskey
Jul 23, 2007
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Neat.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

Good.

Has anyone seen The Normal Heart? Was Taylor Kitsch good in it?

prezbuluskey
Jul 23, 2007
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.

Meatwave posted:

Good.

Has anyone seen The Normal Heart? Was Taylor Kitsch good in it?

No but I unashamedly liked him in Savages and think he was the best part of Lone Survivor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Friday Night Lights is a pretty awesome show and he's pretty awesome in it. I don't think I've seen any of his films though.

• Locked thread