Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dragyn
Jan 23, 2007

Please Sam, don't use the word 'acumen' again.
Finally some decent weather!

I did a little work this morning, but now I can finally get this back in gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragyn
Jan 23, 2007

Had some time on Saturday to get the top boards on the side up. Had to cut out holes in spots because of the metal substructure that bolts through the main beams and sticks out of the walls. I'm going to cover those with louvered vents covers.

Dragyn
Jan 23, 2007

Paint! I did this all with a power roller, which I've never used before. In the future, I may borrow my dad's sprayer instead. The roller couldn't get into the grooves in the boards, so on the back there are still spots I need to paint with a brush to fill in.

(Behr Marquee Exterior in 'Cherry Cola')

I need to procure something to go over the spots on the side where the metal bolts stick through and I had to make cut-outs. I was thinking of some sort of louvered vent cover, but can't find anything near the right dimensions. I'd like to do two long ones to cover the ends, then a normal one in the middle for that one spot.

Next up, I have to finish up those bare spots, install some sort of covering for the bolts and put some trim on the corner and windows for now. I'll trim the rest once all 4 sides are done.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Holy crap that looks good.

I had to go back to the first post to make sure it was the same barn I remembered.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
I'm loving the color, reminds me of my house, which needs to be stripped and stained instead of painted... paint doesn't exactly stick to cedar clapboards.

We should meet up sometime, you are like 45 minutes away.

Dragyn
Jan 23, 2007

Motronic posted:

Holy crap that looks good.

I had to go back to the first post to make sure it was the same barn I remembered.

I'm impressed with myself every time that I see it, if only the other two sides looked the same.

sharkytm posted:

I'm loving the color, reminds me of my house, which needs to be stripped and stained instead of painted... paint doesn't exactly stick to cedar clapboards.

We should meet up sometime, you are like 45 minutes away.

Only if you bring a scraper and work gloves. We can invite kastein as well, in case the place decides to be all rotten anywhere else. :D My time to work on this beast is gonna be really limited this season, as I'm getting married in 4 months from tomorrow and this is not a BFC-approved simple wedding.

If I can carve out a weekend this summer, I'll totally host a mini DIY goon meet.

I had a different color picked out originally, but then I couldn't find it again and they had a photo of this color on a legitimate barn and it looked good; so here we are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I'm busy as hell but I think I could find the time. I gotta bring some stuff to sharky that's been hanging around for a long time, too.

And that barn looks worlds better, holy poo poo. Good work!

• Locked thread