Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
So apparently the thing with Ulbrich (our DC, former LB coach) going to the Falcons is that he got offered the job yesterday, and is still considering it. I personally don't see him taking it because as I said earlier he seems like the kind of guy who is absolutely loving being a college coach, but it wouldn't exactly be shocking for a guy to leave to go coach in the NFL instead.

And I guess Roquan Smith is waiting to see what Ulbrich does since he was his main recruiter. Losing both would be a pretty big shame, so hopefully Mora can convince him to stay. This was his first year as a DC for us and there were some rough spots, but he also came up with some absolutely stifling schemes so I was looking forward to seeing him improve next year. Fingers crossed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
NCAFF 2016 Recruiting: 5 Star Fuckboys Only

Or

NCAFF 2016 Recruiting: Tennessee Only Taking 50 This Class

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
I hope this UNLV class does good things :unsmith:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I see that Penn State got a bunch of offensive lineman, so I hope they don't stink out loud with green stink lines coming off them .

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
NCAAF 2016 Recruiting: Eagerly Awaiting Dick Worship IV

Alternate: Dick Worship IV: A New Hype

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
In the continuing story of that bizarre twist to the Jarrett Stidham to Baylor thing, there's a lot of chatter that he's not happy there (and Baylor's not happy with him, since he doesn't want to spend weekends in Waco, keeps traveling away).

Any Baylor guys hear about that?

Wonder if he'll turn on Copeland and claim he was coerced in order to potentially transfer without penalty?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Here's my take on VT's class:

Who the gently caress knows.

There's so much "average" to this class honestly who knows. I'll tell you I think if Tim Settle can actually get to Blacksburg he'll be fantastic and I'll tell you Mook Reynolds is basically the next big thing at CB as is the tradition at VT but beyond that? There's potential in quite a few places and I guess it's not fair to also lump in QB Dwayne Lawson as people seem pretty pumped on him but this is one of those classes that could go down in flames or there could be a bunch of starters littered all over it.

Last year's class was great and I don't think it was hard to see the greatness as like 40% of them played and contributed in significant fashion, especially on offense. This year? Just not so sure. Doesn't mean a bad thing necessarily, just seems hard to put a finger on the class.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians

Crotch Bat posted:

Here's my take on VT's class:

Who the gently caress knows.

There's so much "average" to this class honestly who knows. I'll tell you I think if Tim Settle can actually get to Blacksburg he'll be fantastic and I'll tell you Mook Reynolds is basically the next big thing at CB as is the tradition at VT but beyond that? There's potential in quite a few places and I guess it's not fair to also lump in QB Dwayne Lawson as people seem pretty pumped on him but this is one of those classes that could go down in flames or there could be a bunch of starters littered all over it.

Last year's class was great and I don't think it was hard to see the greatness as like 40% of them played and contributed in significant fashion, especially on offense. This year? Just not so sure. Doesn't mean a bad thing necessarily, just seems hard to put a finger on the class.

I expect Trevon Hill will do well, same with Lawson. Not sure what to expect out of the rest, but I'm hoping two of the OL prove serviceable at least. Mook's legit for sure, the rest of the secondary class I'm not super pumped on, but I guess we'll see; TG does his thing well.

paperchaseguy posted:

But our football team is looking up because

Well give me a few minutes ok

Man I am right there with ya.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Washington signed the best HS QB out of California. Maybe our QB troubles will be over next season?

They also seem to have only signed people from the West coast, but whatever.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
NCAA 2016 Recruiting: Journey toward the most disappointing day of the year

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
LSU's class: We signed a loving incredible o-line and running back class, as well as some stud corners and wideouts. Next year should be the year to focus on DTs, linebackers, and Feleipe Franks'll be committing as well.

EDIT: Seriously, our backfield next year includes Fournette, Darrel Williams, Ducre, Brossette, and Guice. :stonklol:

bhsman fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Feb 5, 2015

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

VDay posted:

So apparently the thing with Ulbrich (our DC, former LB coach) going to the Falcons is that he got offered the job yesterday, and is still considering it. I personally don't see him taking it because as I said earlier he seems like the kind of guy who is absolutely loving being a college coach, but it wouldn't exactly be shocking for a guy to leave to go coach in the NFL instead.

And I guess Roquan Smith is waiting to see what Ulbrich does since he was his main recruiter. Losing both would be a pretty big shame, so hopefully Mora can convince him to stay. This was his first year as a DC for us and there were some rough spots, but he also came up with some absolutely stifling schemes so I was looking forward to seeing him improve next year. Fingers crossed.

Apparently UGA coaches sent him links of the story breaking on his phone because Smith hadn't heard that Ulbrich might zoom off to the falcons

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Zurreco posted:

Washington signed the best HS QB out of California.
There are 3-4 schools that would politely disagree with you on that.

KKKLIP ART posted:

Apparently UGA coaches sent him links of the story breaking on his phone because Smith hadn't heard that Ulbrich might zoom off to the falcons
Yeah it didn't help us that the original report (that cited unnamed sources and turned out to not be true) made it seem like Ulbrich was just quietly leaving. It sounds like he called Roquan pretty quickly after all that poo poo came out and talked to him, so now it's a matter of waiting to see what Ulbrich does. Timing is pretty unfortunate but it could've been a thousand times worse if this stuff dropped like a week or two ago instead.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Let me reiterate that Kyle Flood is the worst.

QB - Mike Dare is a solid enough commit, but we were never in it for Wimbush.
RB - Charles Snorweah is a very good get. PSU flipped Saquon Barkley who was a Rutgers legacy.
WR - two decent commits in Jawuan Harris and Rashad Blunt, Dontae Owens sucks though. Lost out on Juwan Johnson (brother was a star at Rutgers), Kalif Jackson (one of his parents went here), Freddie SImmons (dumb flake decommit), and D.J. Moore (Locksley's snake oil bullshit.) Needed to do a LOT better after last year's poo poo show (0 commits after two **** and one *** decommit, in the best year for WRs in NJ ever.)
TE - one decent commit in Nakia Griffin, but Anthony Folkerts sucks. Lost Irvin Charles to PSU, Jerome Washington to Miami. An extreme failure at a position of need.
OL - Two average recruits (Jack Shutack, Zach Venesky) and two garbage ones (Jonah Jackson, Manny Taylor) at a position of extreme need. Lost our best OL commit after SC poached him late. Destroyed in state, losing Tommy Hatton to UNC (despite beating them), Sam Madden to Georgia, Steven Gonzalez to PSU. I don't count Feder to OSU because he sucks and I don't know why they offered him.
DE - Marques Ford is our only actually good commit, thanks to Tennessee being dumb. Jon Bateky, Ron'Dell Carter, and Kamaal Seymour is decent, Wilington Previlion is another crappy camp offer. Lost a JUCO decommit in Greg Webb although he probably doesn't qualify. Probably the only area I'm happy with in a vacuum, although like much of the team, the underclassmen currently on the roster suck due to Flood's horrible recruiting.
LB - A decent JUCO (Isaiah Johnson), a 5th year from COCKS (Kaiwan Lewis), Trevor Morris is ok, Najee Clayton is good, Deonte Roberts sucks. One of our best recruits from last year prepped here but may not qualify. Lost Manny Bowen to PSU and Joe Giles-Harris to loving Duke.
CB - Somehow kept Jarius Adams from Michigan and Wisconsin. Blessuan Austin is ok. Kareem Ali went to Temple because he's a legacy and their staff is a lot better than ours.
S - Al-Kadair Ports and Ronnie James are ok, but Ports will have problems qualifying. Lost out on Minkah Fitzpatrick and Daiquan Kelly here to PSU.

Some ok players, but people are beating their chests because we were only sort of destroyed instead of completely destroyed. Flood makes Beamer look like Urban Meyer.

Feces Starship
Nov 11, 2008

in the great green room
goodnight moon
Michigan's class is just bad.

I'm sure it was an uphill battle, but I'm calling it like I see it.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Kim Jong Il posted:

Let me reiterate that Kyle Flood is the worst.

QB - Mike Dare is a solid enough commit, but we were never in it for Wimbush.
RB - Charles Snorweah is a very good get. PSU flipped Saquon Barkley who was a Rutgers legacy.
WR - two decent commits in Jawuan Harris and Rashad Blunt, Dontae Owens sucks though. Lost out on Juwan Johnson (brother was a star at Rutgers), Kalif Jackson (one of his parents went here), Freddie SImmons (dumb flake decommit), and D.J. Moore (Locksley's snake oil bullshit.) Needed to do a LOT better after last year's poo poo show (0 commits after two **** and one *** decommit, in the best year for WRs in NJ ever.)
TE - one decent commit in Nakia Griffin, but Anthony Folkerts sucks. Lost Irvin Charles to PSU, Jerome Washington to Miami. An extreme failure at a position of need.
OL - Two average recruits (Jack Shutack, Zach Venesky) and two garbage ones (Jonah Jackson, Manny Taylor) at a position of extreme need. Lost our best OL commit after SC poached him late. Destroyed in state, losing Tommy Hatton to UNC (despite beating them), Sam Madden to Georgia, Steven Gonzalez to PSU. I don't count Feder to OSU because he sucks and I don't know why they offered him.
DE - Marques Ford is our only actually good commit, thanks to Tennessee being dumb. Jon Bateky, Ron'Dell Carter, and Kamaal Seymour is decent, Wilington Previlion is another crappy camp offer. Lost a JUCO decommit in Greg Webb although he probably doesn't qualify. Probably the only area I'm happy with in a vacuum, although like much of the team, the underclassmen currently on the roster suck due to Flood's horrible recruiting.
LB - A decent JUCO (Isaiah Johnson), a 5th year from COCKS (Kaiwan Lewis), Trevor Morris is ok, Najee Clayton is good, Deonte Roberts sucks. One of our best recruits from last year prepped here but may not qualify. Lost Manny Bowen to PSU and Joe Giles-Harris to loving Duke.
CB - Somehow kept Jarius Adams from Michigan and Wisconsin. Blessuan Austin is ok. Kareem Ali went to Temple because he's a legacy and their staff is a lot better than ours.
S - Al-Kadair Ports and Ronnie James are ok, but Ports will have problems qualifying. Lost out on Minkah Fitzpatrick and Daiquan Kelly here to PSU.

Some ok players, but people are beating their chests because we were only sort of destroyed instead of completely destroyed. Flood makes Beamer look like Urban Meyer.

I was a fan of Kaiwan Lewis when he was here and was honestly shocked to see him go. I guess he didn't push for a starting role as much as the coaches would have liked, but he showed plenty of potential and made some big plays for us.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

FSU whiffed a whole lot today with our remaining reasonable targets. Hopefully the projects at interior DL from last class step up meaningfully, since all the other positions besides LB were taken care of.

We're thin as hell at LB. Welching on Brian Bell hurt the numbers game, but evidently it had to be done

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Feb 5, 2015

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Crotch Bat posted:

That's desperation. Willis seems like he's destined to maim or kill someone in a fit of rage when they accidentally spill popcorn on him in a movie theater.

Got to be the worst temper I've heard about a player and that's saying something in this sport.

Willis is an actual psychopath. Will be nice for The U part 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
Closing this guy up, hope everyone enjoyed NSD. Here's the new thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3699069

• Locked thread