Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ergot
Jan 25, 2002
Heresiarch

HyperPuma posted:

youve seen it with your own eyes just a few posts up

a complete lack of exclusives doesnt matter to people who have been playing forzagearshalo in the same place for a decade

its what people like them do

this is a ridiculous caricature

i don't even own gears or halo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

:pusheen:

It's true though, and that game looked neat

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
That price is rough, ha. Time to see if people decide to swing on it anyway.

BTW, about OG Xbox BC.

https://twitter.com/albertpenello/status/874058137036218369

Zaa Boogie fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jun 12, 2017

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
gently caress yes time to load up some fuzion frenzy

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Zaa Boogie posted:

BTW, about OG Xbox BC.

Does that include licenses for OG Xbox DLC?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

...Did the OG Xbox have any DLC?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Horse armor

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Sakurazuka posted:

Didn't Halo 2?

quote:

Horse armor

That was the 360, the second Xbox.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Oh

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That was Oblivion on the 360.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Instant Sunrise posted:

Well those stopped working on the 360 BC back around the time Xbox Live was discontinued for the original Xbox, so who knows if Microsoft even still has records for if you bought it. (But they did work the first few years of 360 BC).

Sakurazuka posted:

Halo 2 had a few downloadable map packs, and there were one or two others. There were also like 10 early XBLA type titles on the original Xbox - these required you to first buy a starter disc that included like 5 games and then had a storefront to buy and download more titles.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Ether Frenzy posted:

"no it is u that is the console warrior", chuckled the objective PS4 owner and superior videogames analyst and consumer hoarde who roll into the xbox thread to talk about how good the PS4 is after a microsoft conference

Lol. How dare you. Someone buy this person a red title.

Nutsak posted:

I play with a regular group at least once a week for way longer than one hour. I already own a Xbox ( and PS4 ) so I'm not going to buy a XboneX any time soon. The "lol no games" brigade is pretty boring at this stage though so I"m really just winding them up to see if they'll bring anything new ( they won't ).

They never tire.

Ever.

Zaa Boogie posted:

BTW, about OG Xbox BC.

Neat! Mrs. Rainbowbeard is a big fan of Hunter: The Reckoning. She will be very happy about this.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Instant Sunrise posted:

Yeah, I believe that's what they mean by system licenses.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Sakurazuka posted:

MechAssault and uh the Ninja Gaiden Hurricane Packs? Don't know if the latter were paid DLC though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I legit thought horse armour was the first because I remember people getting super mad about the idea

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Sakurazuka posted:

I legit thought horse armour was the first because I remember people getting super mad about the idea

First modern DLC was on the Dreamcast, and I think some of it was even paid.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

fishmech posted:

First modern DLC was on the Dreamcast, and I think some of it was even paid.

Don't forget the VMU games unlocking stuff.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Zaa Boogie posted:

Yeah, I believe that's what they mean by system licenses.

I figured that was referring to the OG Xbox games that you could buy and
download on the 360.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sakurazuka posted:

There was an issue of the Official XBox Magazine that came with a disc that had a bunch of extra outfits for Dead or Alive 3 on it.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

There was an issue of the Official XBox Magazine that came with a disc that had a bunch of extra outfits for Dead or Alive 3 on it.

Halo 2 had 11 DLC maps released. 9 of which were put onto a disc compilation and were eventually rolled into the Vista port and Master Chief Collection.

The other 2 maps were remakes of the Halo 1 maps Hang Em High and Tombstone. They were never included in any future re-releases, and ever since XBL got shut down for the original Xbox, they are presumably lost forever.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Zaa Boogie posted:

BTW, about OG Xbox BC.

This is kind of cool. I assume the digital licenses are only dlc since you couldn't download games on og xbox. Man, the highlight of the microsoft conference is I will be able to play midtown madness 3 again. I think Xbone lost e3.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Instant Sunrise posted:

Halo 2 had 11 DLC maps released. 9 of which were put onto a disc compilation and were eventually rolled into the Vista port and Master Chief Collection.

The other 2 maps were remakes of the Halo 1 maps Hang Em High and Tombstone. They were never included in any future re-releases, and ever since XBL got shut down for the original Xbox, they are presumably lost forever.

Nah you can pirate them just fine.

Spacebump posted:

This is kind of cool. I assume the digital licenses are only dlc since you couldn't download games on og xbox. Man, the highlight of the microsoft conference is I will be able to play midtown madness 3 again. I think Xbone lost e3.

You could purchase and download a selection of the backwards compatible titles on the 360 itself. That's what they're talking about.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

fishmech posted:

You could purchase and download a selection of the backwards compatible titles on the 360 itself. That's what they're talking about.

That makes more sense. I knew they had a version of GTA: SA for download on the 360 but thought it was a mobile port. I didn't realize they had other original xbox games for dl.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Make JSRF work on my Xbone Phil

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Spacebump posted:

That makes more sense. I knew they had a version of GTA: SA for download on the 360 but thought it was a mobile port. I didn't realize they had other original xbox games for dl.

360 had both the mobile port and the "Xbox Originals" download, but the latter got pulled when the mobile port went up. Licensing issues.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Spacebump posted:

Yeah, this might be the case. Decided to ask if there was anything about DLC so we'll see if I get an answer.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Spacebump posted:

It's not a particularly good list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_Originals

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Seemed fine to me. Not really sure what people were expecting. We knew before the show that they had embraced the whole all games on both PC and Console thing. I'm still a fan of the ecosystem stays the same, but you can upgrade your hardware model of consoles that it seems like all of them are going for now. It works great with phones/etc.

Original xbox bc is surprising and kind of cool. I hope crimson skies is on the list.

Most exciting thing for me in the show was the new Ori.

It's hilarious to me that Cuphead is finally dated, I'm glad they made fun of themselves a bit with that trailer. Still look great.

Sea of Thieves still doesn't look that appealing to me. Don't think I need a pirate MMO.

I don't know why Microsoft is bothering to pay for all these timed exclusives, does that really move anyone?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No if they didn't they would literally be going out there with 5 games.

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
so if i want to buy a xbone game on pc i have to use the windows store? seems pretty exclusive to me

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Themage posted:

so if i want to buy a xbone game on pc i have to use the windows store? seems pretty exclusive to me

A lot of them are on Steam as well.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Themage posted:

A lot of the time it's on Steam and Microsoft is just lying.

It's an interesting model.

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
like?

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Take your pick

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
only xbox game on there is ori lol

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Themage posted:

only xbox game on there is ori lol

look at this rear end in a top hat who forgot about lococycle

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nearly everything in the ID@Xbox reel is already on Steam.

And several are going to PS4 too.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Jun 12, 2017

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I think they actually pushed a lot of the stuff to the steam frontpage after the conference because all of a sudden it was all in my grill

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
I like that they put their games on PC. It's good.

This year's show was so disappointing tho. Microsoft is one of the big three! They're supposed to wow us with exciting new first party exclusives, but they're just reheating the same Xbox 360 franchises. It's sad how every single game that doesn't fit that mold gets canceled. And then they even killed Fable. They literally had nothing new to show from the first party world today. Just "oh hey, crackdown 3 is finally coming out, and here's the yearly Forza!"

If all you have is an Xbox you'll have plenty of great third party games to play. But yikes, who is gonna buy a bonx at this point besides a handful of die-hard fans who are upgrading?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Xbone can't do 1080p. ;)

• Locked thread