Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
It is, for the most part, done.

We adjusted the timing last night and got everything but the left grip on the bike. We had a little problem with the clutch mount, so we replaced that which means we have a little bit of painting to do but aside from dialing in the main jet she is done and she runs... Albeit not very smoothly yet!

Errant Gin Monks fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jul 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
God drat that paint job is sick. Does it look the way you imagined it would when you began this build, or did it all take shape as you progressed?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Those headers :frogsiren:

Very nice!

Scrapez
Feb 27, 2004

Bike looks really awesome, Errant. You should be really proud of the work.

You still running a Keihin CV? Shouldn't take too much to tune it if so that's one of the things I loved about my carbed Sporty.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Chichevache posted:

God drat that paint job is sick. Does it look the way you imagined it would when you began this build, or did it all take shape as you progressed?

The bike looks a little like I originally imagined it.mshe has the stance and shape I wanted. As we went along things changed a lot.

The tank swap was drastic but looks so much better.
The bars are totally different than I envisioned but they match much better in the style of the bike.
The paint is just crazy, I imagined s more traditional thing with scales and smoke and more shadowed lines but I let Hoops just do his thing without any direction and he came up with this brilliantly funky design.
The risers were exactly what I wanted but I never thought I would find a good deal on them.
The seat is exactly what I wanted.
The exhaust is everything I planned it to be.
The sissy bar is exactly what I had in mind.
The first part I bought was the doorknob for the shifter and the linkage came out fantastic.
I wanted a silver and blue bike with brass highlights so it is what I wanted.
So all in all structurally it is what I wanted to begin with, but cosmetically I never would have thought it would come out like this.

Slavvy posted:

Those headers :frogsiren:

Very nice!

Thanks! It's been 18 months in the making and the fact that I got to turn it on yesterday and rev it up in her final form is very loving satisfying.

Scrapez posted:

Bike looks really awesome, Errant. You should be really proud of the work.

You still running a Keihin CV? Shouldn't take too much to tune it if so that's one of the things I loved about my carbed Sporty.

Thanks man, I owe all the work to FH and he is really happy with everything as well.

The carb is actuall an S&S Super E, it was on the bike when I bought it so changing the main jet is trivial, we just have to keep playing with them until we find the right one.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
Aaaaaaaand I finally got to take my first ride.

http://youtu.be/R9lOwGHUu28

Getting used to the jockey shift is definitely going to be a thing. It's just starting off that's difficult, not too hard but stalled it twice on our 30 minute ride. All in all it's fast as hell though. It just jumps off at the start.

I love it.

We will be doing a photo shoot later on with a real camera and cool locations.

Errant Gin Monks fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jul 27, 2015

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

That's awesome man! Look forward to beauty shots. Also would love to see you operating your shifter a bit.

Next time tell your camera operator to shoot in landscape, though.

Scrapez
Feb 27, 2004

No. 6 posted:

That's awesome man! Look forward to beauty shots operating your shifter a bit.

Whoa whoa whoa! :)

Bike looks good. Funny enough I was in the thread earlier today and was going to ask for pictures of the bike in the sunlight. I bet the paint shines...

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
A few glamour shots. Going to do the real ones in the next few weeks.

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

Even the license plate holder is awesome. This whole thing is amazing; you've done a great job!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

babyeatingpsychopath posted:

Even the license plate holder is awesome. This whole thing is amazing; you've done a great job!

Thanks man. I can't take credit for much of it since FH is the brains and the talent behind it. I just got to direct.

• Locked thread