Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
Reverse-Flash is the original, from the Silver Age.

Zoom was a modern version that was done (and undone) by Johns.

Cosmic Treadmill rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
Kind of a long shot, but has anyone seen a scan of the Jim Mahfood "How to Make Mini-Comics" comic from that Wizard Edge magazine from ages ago?

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Anyone have that panel from Peter David's Aquaman where a shark is swimming by thinking "Food food food Hello Aquaman food food food"? Issue cite would be helpful, too.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
I'm fairly certain there has been at least one comic showing Bruce Wayne doing proper 'good works'; supporting education, libraries, etc. The most consistent memory is of one done with the 'Adventures of Batman and Robin' style.

If this conjures up any memories, I'd be glad.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
In Batman Strikes #39, Black Mask tells Bruce Wayne that Wayne Industries puts other companies out of business, which creates joblessness, which feeds into the poor criminal class. So Bruce Wayne opens an adult education center and tells all the criminals that if they go, they will come out with a job at Wayne Industries and health insurance (which, incidentally, they wouldn't have if they stuck around with Black Mask and Batman happened to beat them into a hospital). So everyone deserts Black Mask for greener pastures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Bloodly posted:

I'm fairly certain there has been at least one comic showing Bruce Wayne doing proper 'good works'; supporting education, libraries, etc. The most consistent memory is of one done with the 'Adventures of Batman and Robin' style.

If this conjures up any memories, I'd be glad.
There's a Gotham Knights issue all about this--something like #33?

E: #32!

redbackground fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Feb 11, 2015

• Locked thread