Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I found that the jump from 30fps->60fps was a greater improvement than from 720p->1080p, personally, and it's really easy to watch it in 30fps (just use ANY browser besides Chrome) if that's the issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

1080p has pretty little noticeable difference to most people from 720p. You don't get into something really clearly better until you reach into the 1444p and 4k range, and only then if you fullscreen it on a big enough monitor.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
I never click the 1080p selection as 1) I don't notice a difference over 720, an 2) my internet connection is really lovely, and I don't have four hours to dedicate to trying to watch a 30 minute video.

so, 720p60

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

ViggyNash posted:

If we were going from 480 to 720 then absolutely, but I put 30->60fps waaaay, above 720->1080p. 720p is good enough quality to see plenty of detail, at least for me.

720p works for me too quality wise as I don't necessarily feel like nuking all my bandwidth to watch a video.

Parenthesis
Jan 3, 2013
1080p30

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Samizdata posted:

720p works for me too quality wise as I don't necessarily feel like nuking all my bandwidth to watch a video.

That is true too. I didn't consider that.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

ViggyNash posted:

That is true too. I didn't consider that.

Well, it is seeming it is a forgone conclusion. He must have run out of ammo on his last trip back, and we lost him.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
Or, possibly excessive chroniton flux unfused him from our timestrean...

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
With all the shooting, cackling, and time travel; the grandfather paradox was inevitable.

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

"What we're dealing with...
is us! Those things look just like us!"

"Speak for yourself, I couldn't look that bad on a bet."
I got a bit caught up in the hype about Mortal Kombat X and so for the past few weeks I've been LPing the fantastic Story Mode of the previous game, the 2011 Mortal Kombat reboot. I recommend checking it out even if you have zero interest in fighting games, as the story is really fun, and requires no previous knowledge.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3712595

It's a much easier game to LP than Darkest of Days or Singularity as each fight lasts just a few minutes; each chapter consists of several fights seperated by movie cut scenes that I stay silent during anyway. This means that I can record some Mortal Kombat whenever I happen to get a few minutes of peace and quiet. (While for Darkest of Days or Singularity I have to actually set some time aside to do them.)

Darkest of Days and Singularity shall continue!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
You know, I saw that but didn't click because I thought "Mortal Kombat Story Mode" was some sort of convoluted in-joke that you had to be able to count invulnerability frames to get.

I didn't realise it was real.

• Locked thread