Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ja2ke
Feb 19, 2004

ravenkult posted:

This owns bones. Why are the posters sold out?

TerminalSaint posted:

Because they're prints.

Yeah they were screen printed by hand and the posters were rather complex. Even at the small total number we sold (they were on sale for only 4 days and we printed all orders that came in, which was a few thousand total), it took the printer a full day to screen each color. That meant the Experience print, at over 10 colors, took almost two weeks. One of the posters, a bad ink color was chosen part way through the process and that whole run had to be thrown out and started over, which really screwed up the schedule at the printer. Anyway, we are really happy with how they turned out - they look amazing in person and you can really see the detail and the handmade screening process on the final prints - and while I wish we could sell an infinite number of them, I understand why people keep the numbers low on screen printing jobs after going through this process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Games looking real pretty. One thing I haven't figured out yet, will you be meeting other characters in game? Or are you ostensibly alone except for who you talk with over walkie-talkie?

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Interview with Rich Sommer, an actor from Mad Men, about voice acting the main character in Firewatch.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Popete posted:

Games looking real pretty. One thing I haven't figured out yet, will you be meeting other characters in game? Or are you ostensibly alone except for who you talk with over walkie-talkie?
There's the teenagers at the lake that the main character has to go yell at for lighting fireworks that have been shown in gameplay trailers, they're off in the distance though so i don't really expect the game to have much in the way of face to face dialogue.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Blog post about GDC. Their booth looks like it was pretty amazing:

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?

:whatup:

ja2ke
Feb 19, 2004

Really solid framing. I love how the prints came out.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXWlgP5hZzc

Plus a neat article about showing the trailer at E3.

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
This game is mysterious... reminds me of something J.J. Abrams would do. I hope it comes out soon.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I too would like this game to become purchasable and playable by me.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

WHY ISNT IT OUT YET

Gentwise
Sep 12, 2003
Gentwise Bankfourthe, Esquire.
This has me pretty hyped. I can see it being about supernatural or mundane events, and honestly either would be interesting. And who knows, maybe we still won't be sure after playing it.

mrfishstick
Oct 15, 2005
Every time I see a new post here and it isn't a release date announcement I die just a little more inside. :smith:

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Gentwise posted:

This has me pretty hyped. I can see it being about supernatural or mundane events, and honestly either would be interesting. And who knows, maybe we still won't be sure after playing it.

If I know the Idle Thumbs people right there's 0% chance of anything supernatural going on

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

Hakkesshu posted:

If I know the Idle Thumbs people right there's 0% chance of anything supernatural going on

Well, apart from the ghost.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
What is Firewatch?

Dot Gobbler 2.

mrfishstick
Oct 15, 2005
A spooky game about spooky ghosts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012