Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

RadioactiveKid posted:

I moved to Texas from California, and I like it. Only thing I miss about CA is good mexican food, and predictable weather.

I miss Trader Joes, but that's it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Drunk & Ugly posted:

Chris Kyle is buried in a texas landfill

isn't that redundant?

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

What was that thread about some goons buying cheap land in west Texas, that turned out to be acres of unarable rocks and dirt.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Phrasing posted:

What was that thread about some goons buying cheap land in west Texas, that turned out to be acres of unarable rocks and dirt.

They bought all of west Texas?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
somebody made a comment about CA having better mexican food than texas, was that just a random jab at tx or is that somehow true?

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
I've heard that california has better 'real' Mexican whereas texas mostly has honky-fied tex-mex. Still good, but not technically mexican

RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde

Schnedwob posted:

I've heard that california has better 'real' Mexican whereas texas mostly has honky-fied tex-mex. Still good, but not technically mexican

This is what I meant with my previous comment. I have been to soms places with good food, but I have yet to find a decent place with a good al pastor style taco.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ridiculo posted:

lol

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

ridiculo posted:

I went to Trader Joes in Houston and was unimpressed, it wasn't bad or anything.

Schnedwob posted:

california uses more veggies and is generally healthier for you. Tex-Mex is generally spicier and major ingredients are fajita, jalapenos, cheese, pork fat, and flour tortillas.

Really New Mexican style is the best healthier like cali but spicier like Texas.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

RadioactiveKid posted:

This is what I meant with my previous comment. I have been to soms places with good food, but I have yet to find a decent place with a good al pastor style taco.

Honestly I don't even know that much about mexican food, I just love stuffing my fat idiot face with meat, beans, and cheese

Malinois
Jun 13, 2003

is that the texas version of the star of david?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

texaholic posted:

I went to Trader Joes in Houston and was unimpressed, it wasn't bad or anything.

california uses more veggies and is generally healthier for you. Tex-Mex is generally spicier and major ingredients are fajita, jalapenos, cheese, pork fat, and flour tortillas.

Really New Mexican style is the best healthier like cali but spicier like Texas.

yeah Tex mex was basically a fusion cuisine based around insane amount of american cheese and dairy products.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

the great poo poo wastes

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Fetus Tree posted:

how do you know somebody is from california

Nobody is from California. You go to it from somewhere else.

Ungoal
Mar 13, 2014

by XyloJW

etalian posted:

they can't stop talking about how it's the best because of weather, food and chill culture despite never having lived out of state.

Somebody is jealous

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

comes along bort posted:

and their barbecue leaves a lot to be desired

bet you thought there would be more takers for this one

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

my understanding of texas is that all queers are cows there or vice versa

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

FuhrerHat posted:

my understanding of texas is that all queers are cows there or vice versa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyGp98Xoq9g

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

(and can't post for 689 days!)

Phrasing posted:

yah i think some dude massively overpaid for some completely undeveloped land out near big bend, but the thing that goons don't know is that that area is a little slice of heaven and goons should stay the gently caress out

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

fits my needs posted:

Did he kill white people or black people this is important

hes albert einstein he gets to shoot anyone.

insaneway
Feb 10, 2014

I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.
-Jurgen Klinsmann-
a gently caress ton of awesome
with a dash of bipolar weather

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

its like a whole 'nother country :D

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

go back to california loving carpetbaggers raising the rent

psychic chasms
Oct 23, 2012

SCREWED UP CLICK TILL THEY LAY ME IN MY CASKET

Omi-Polari posted:

i only bring it up because austin has conflicts over gentrification b/c of rapid population growth combined with geography that inhibits growth. so like new york or san francisco but on a much smaller scale. there's not a lot of room to build out.

but what they're really talking about are some older, historically segregated neighborhoods close to downtown becoming gentrified. zoom out and the city as a whole is becoming less white. the anti-gentrification activists though talk about austin becoming "whitewashed" and it's not true

austin doesn't really do seafood.

look at this guy not going to quality seafood market on airport

unless you're too good for gulf oysters, in which case get out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
I don't understand why Texas is trying to become California but constantly complains about California.

• Locked thread