Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Anansi The Spider posted:

lol i'm 120 days over due on my student loans, god damnit now I have a bill to pay. 60$ a month for an education that got me an extra 500$ a month by promoting me to pfc prior to enlistment, heh maybe I'll just claim I can't pay for it and get it deferred for like 3 years.

how are you 4 months behind with 6k in the bank???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

krispykremessuck posted:

servicemember's :eng101:

Huh when did that change?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

If you can't pay a $60 bill per month, I would like to know how much cocaine you are snorting on a daily basis.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

gleep gloop posted:

since before you joined

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

gleep gloop posted:

Looks like 2003 was when it was changed from SSCRA to just SCRA.

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

loved basic so much I decided to stay
I literally did not know I owed poo poo, I thought I paid it all off then they finally called me after sending my old home 30 letters of "Hey wanna pay us back now?" so I am now making payments because I was told they can in fact garnish my wages. yeah gently caress that I like my wages.

Anansi The Spider fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jul 16, 2014

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Anansi The Spider posted:

I literally did not know I owed poo poo, I thought I paid it all off then they finally called me after sending my old home 30 letters of "Hey wanna pay us back now?" so I am now making payments because I was told they can in fact garnish my wages. yeah gently caress that I like my wages.

Go ahead and grab yourself a mustang

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
If you set up an allotment for everything they can't garnish your wages because you have nothing left!*

*actual words I have heard during my enlistment

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

SumYungGui posted:

If you set up an allotment for everything they can't garnish your wages because you have nothing left!*

*actual words I have heard during my enlistment

I heard that a million times, along with only the commander can smoke you, and other various barracks lawyering. Also I wonder what percentage of military allotments fund cheap tattoos, booze, and payments on Cavaliers for high school loves in flyover states.

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

loved basic so much I decided to stay

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

tell em you work for the government and you dont owe em poo poo anymore

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Oh hey thread.

ROTC paid for my pussy and beer humanities degree.
Tax free deployment cash paid for my STEM MS
Tax free two more loving deployments cash bought me a house mortgage-free.
GI Bill is picking up half my teacher certification.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
:lol: at people without student loans from the united commienist people's republic of europistan

some loans i can get are so cheap i literally make money off the interest if i put the money in the bank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

• Locked thread