Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Jose posted:

I'd like us to win some matches after going behind which has to be a problem with Pardew and the squads mentality

Maybe even score a goal or two if thats not too much to ask?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

euroboy posted:

Well the winning when going behind is a long term issue but its probably related to how little the squad currently give a poo poo

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Jose posted:

I'd like us to win some matches after going behind which has to be a problem with Pardew and the squads mentality

Yeah this and our terrible set pieces is weird as hell, but by and large I still like Pardew.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

kcer posted:

I would NOT like Moyes. Pardew does well when Ashley backs him, and does poorly when he doesn't. I don't see why Pardew should get the amount of abuse he does when a good portion of the failings of the club is out of his hands.
I don't buy this Pardew-as-another-victim view at all. You don't see why the manager, who is ostensibly responsible for selection, tactics, motivation and training, gets the amount of stick he does for the utter poo poo non-football put on display week after week?

He is an average manager at best who fluked fifth one season while managing half of the French national team, where Cisse and Ba independently had career highlight half-seasons. His managerial record before and after, as well as his conduct, points to that being the exception rather than the norm.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Jose posted:

Well the winning when going behind is a long term issue but its probably related to how little the squad currently give a poo poo

Can you petition the good lads at Newcastle to concede double digit goals to Liverpool and also not score any when they play one another

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

tbp posted:

Can you petition the good lads at Newcastle to concede double digit goals to Liverpool and also not score any when they play one another

I don't think I need to bother about getting them to not score

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

euroboy posted:

Sorry, I've just confirmed that this, in fact, too much to ask.

Rycalawre
Nov 6, 2009

tbp posted:

Really don't need a petition for that

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

tetsuo posted:

I don't buy this Pardew-as-another-victim view at all. You don't see why the manager, who is ostensibly responsible for selection, tactics, motivation and training, gets the amount of stick he does for the utter poo poo non-football put on display week after week?

I'm not saying he's a victim necessarily, but no I don't entirely see why, especially not when those complaints only seem to pop up when we also have fans moaning that Ashley needs to go because he doesn't support the team properly.

He was allowed to buy in both windows when we finished 5th, we did poo poo when he wasn't allowed to reinforce for Europa and injuries hosed us, he was allowed to buy that January which saved us from relegation (yet we still sold our best striker and didn't replace him), and after finally replacing Ba with Remy those January signings had us 6th until we again sold our best player, didn't replace him and injuries set in.

code:
#				Purchased Gross	Sold		Nett		Per Season
15	Crystal Palace		£21,700,000	£9,750,000	£11,950,000	£2,390,000
16	Fulham			£62,980,000	£39,700,000	£23,280,000	£4,656,000
17	Tottenham		£310,900,000	£313,050,000	-£2,150,000	-£430,000
18	Arsenal			£188,275,000	£192,400,000	-£4,125,000	-£825,000
19	Everton			£63,500,500	£75,816,000	-£12,315,500	-£2,463,100
20	Newcastle		£93,150,000	£138,150,000	-£45,000,000	-£9,000,000
Maybe when Ashley doesn't flog our best players and maybe when Pardew fucks it all up after being allowed to spend I'll get on the side of the fans who want him out. Every single window he's said we need this, this and this, and so far whenever he's allowed to actually use the money, he has the team doing well. When he doesn't get those targets we've invariably been poo poo. He's definitely not perfect, but he's no where near as bad as some of the fans make out.

kcer fucked around with this message at 15:28 on May 1, 2014

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Don't forget Kinnear was in charge of transfers for the last 2 windows and the 2 signings he managed, 1 has been utter poo poo and one was happening before he took over :v:

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
No permanent signing in 18 months now :negative:

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Newcastle signed 4 Midfielders last season: Anita, Amalfitano, Bigirimana, and Sissoko.

All of them are young enough that they might become good. Newcastle's squad is good enough that they should be doing better than they are right now.

Also I don't think that net spend covers all of Ashley's time as owner.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
Sissoko's looked good when played through the middle. Pardew, unsung genius that he is, has instead decided to freeze out Ben Arfa and play Sissoko on the wing, where he looks lost.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Ryan Taylor is back in training for the first time in like 20 months :unsmith:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Jose posted:

I thought Kinnear resigned

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
I wouldn't be surprised if Rooney doesn't want van Gaal if only because he's likely to want RVP to stay which means Rooney won't be the main striker.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
I hope all of Man-U's players stick to their guns and fight for what they believe in, even if it rocks the boat.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
I hope Rooney throws a fit and leaves for Chelsea only to become Torres 2.0

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

tbp posted:

It would be an amazing end to the season if Liverpool won the title by putting 9 past Newcastle. What a half of football if they found themselves up 4 or 5-0 at the break.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Jose posted:

I really like Ryan Taylor. Never moaned about his role in the team, can play multiple positions. Hopefully he'll get healthy and lend some experience.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Shoren posted:

I hope Rooney throws a fit and leaves for Chelsea only to become Torres 2.0

He has far too little hair to be Torres 2.0

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
So do Man Utd have some big money to spend this summer? There's a few key players confirmed gone already and there may be more after the season.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
They have got beaucoup chevy dollars to spend on whatever scraps or prospects the truly rich clubs discard or ignore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

May thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3630500

• Locked thread