Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scags
Nov 12, 2005
The season finale was fantastic. Hopefully we get a Season 2.

Edit- Removed spoiler

Scags fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jun 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Yeah even though there's about 5 of us watching this, I hope it gets renewed. I thought it was a solid enough first season, but the finale was enough to renew it on its own, I thought.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
The older combat is really interesting. I hope we see more of it. Does any one know any good strategy games about that period?

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Iowa Snow King posted:

I'd think a Flintlock pistol would make a lot more mess than that

ETA: Also the Oyster Major might be one of the more likable characters

I'm not sure if I love him or hate him, but either way I like him. He has a sort of weird honor about him and just when you think he's being douchey he does something noble. I think he'll be an underdog next season as it seems his command has been usurped by his gold braid wearing superior.

But by far the Best Brit is Simcoe. :allears: Such a great OTT mix of self serving opportunism, intelligence, and delight in being mustache twirlingly evil. He also has a crazy streak of self preserving cowardice mixed in with moments of suicidal bravery.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
Hey good news, this show got renewed for another 10 episodes! I'm glad, I wasn't sure about it at first but I really liked the second half of the season.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Despite Simcoe going kinda supervillan in the last episode, I stand by statement on the likability of the British. (I called it that random redcoat ensign would bite it. Can't have the British being too sympathetic afterall).

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Happy Simcoe day thread! Celebrate it by getting drunk and being an outrageous prick to everyone.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Sucrose posted:

Hey good news, this show got renewed for another 10 episodes! I'm glad, I wasn't sure about it at first but I really liked the second half of the season.

I'm shocked but hopefully it gets some more viewers this time around. Hey AMC don't put your new show up against Game of Thrones, thanks.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

precision posted:

I'm shocked but hopefully it gets some more viewers this time around. Hey AMC don't put your new show up against Game of Thrones, thanks.

I think I heard somewhere they're going to put it on after Hell on Wheels, which makes more sense. Also, AMC is gonna be re-airing the whole series sometime soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Sucrose posted:

I think I heard somewhere they're going to put it on after Hell on Wheels, which makes more sense. Also, AMC is gonna be re-airing the whole series sometime soon.

They've already started airing it with Hell on Wheels; at least the pilot anyways.

• Locked thread