Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Thomas Aquinas - GP: 0->2->1 || TP: 0/3/3 | 0/0/4/4 | Guard: 9 | Energy: 3/5

Imperius Rex rose above the carnage, powered by its jet-thruster wings. Some of its systems had been disabled, but it didn't really matter. It could fight, and for Tom's purposes, that was enough. The others were already making good headway with the process of containing the anomaly, but its defensive aura was holding them back. They needed to take it down post-haste, but what if it tried to raise the barrier again after being destroyed? They'd have to coordinate this. Good thing they had a shot caller on deck!

"Tom here. Charlie, Dahlia, I'm about to tear that barrier down. Soon as it's gone, get inside the anomaly and shut it down! Count from one to three..." Focusing the rifle's output into a thin beam, Tom took aim. Moments later, a ray of piercing light shot out, causing the aura to bend, waver and fade. "One, two, THREE! Knock them down! I'll cover you!" He called out, keeping the rifle primed for another shot. If the anomaly tried anything, it'd get a piece of his mind, that was for sure!

Tom preps some plans, first of all. Spending one Genre Point to activate Come At Me Bro, so any attacks on other characters are answered with a counterattack. Then he rolls to resist the Extreme Terrain damage, with a not so good result:

<Krysmbot> ConstantPeople, 4+4 = 8 (TN 12, so 4 points of damage)

And lastly, he moves forward three squares and makes an attack that tears the barrier to pieces. All up to Dahlia and Charlie now!

<Krysmbot> ConstantPeople, 7+15 = 22

Transient People fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Aug 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011
Ahti - GP: 1 | Defense: 10 | 4/4/4/4

The way is cleared. The heart of the storm roils chaotically, but Ahti's eyes can see just where to start cutting it apart. Ribbons of iridescence detach and dissipate under his blade.

( # Beam Saber + energy advantage vs. giant sky meanie
[22:09] <BTMcG> !roll 1d10+7
[22:09] <Krysmbot> BTMcG, 8+7 = 15

I made this way more complicated in my head than it turned out it needed to be in reality for I am a dumb :downs: # )

Bitchtits McGee fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Aug 19, 2014

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

I only take special jobs, if you know what I mean.
Fighting the Storm

The energy that Ahti had cut away begins to regenerate in a small amount, and the storm seems to roar to life. The air distorts around Charlie's machine and an explosion of purple energy bursts forth, with Charlie's machine at the center. Then, it coalesces into an orb of energy, trying to rip the machine stuck inside apart.

Then, Imperious Rex opens fire, dealing a large amount of damage to the glowing orb in the sky, causing it to shrink in size.

The Anomaly spent 6 energy to regain 3 threshold, bringing it's first threshold back with 2 threshold.

Then, the Anomaly attacked Charlie and dealt 5 damage, and is now on Extreme Terrain. Thomas then counter attacked, and dealt 14 damage. So the Anomaly loses 2 layers of threshold and its 3rd layer is dropped to 5.

devilmaydry fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Aug 24, 2014

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
Charlie
GP: 0 Threshold 1/6/6/6

He launches a solid punch at the anomaly, breaking through the orb surrounding him as though it were nothing.

But alas, punches for robot lucha and punches for destroying rifts in reality are entirely different beasts, he muses, as the hook swings wide.

Charlie attacks with an 11! Not the best rolls in this game. In the slightest.

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Hjalmþrimul | GP: 1 | 4/4/4/4

Yuka watches as her shots are deflected on the Anomaly's... whatever it is. "Hjalmþrimul, give me more juice."

"Analyzing situation... Weapons hot. Spray and pray, Ms. Mori."

"Don't have to tell me twice." Hjalm locks her shooting arm against her hip and unloads on the unthinking nebula, ignoring precision for a greater payload.

Regular fire action.

<Krysmbot> RWT, 1+7 = 8

Nope, going to Try Again.

<Krysmbot> RWT, 8+7 = 15

There we go. Just as a note, THE BEAST ignores Active Defenses when using default weapons. Probably could have tried that before, but eh.

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

I only take special jobs, if you know what I mean.
Fighting the Storm

As the group of radiant Gears blast apart the strange phenomena in the sky, it's form begins to... soften. The energy that had been striking out at the world below stops, and then the orb in the sky opens.

Then, under their own volition without your input, your Gears begin going towards the eye of the anomaly...

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Yuka Mori | GP: 1 | 4/4/4/4

"It's opening. Let's blast it!" Yuka flexes her left hand one more time to deliver the coup de grace, but the gun's hologram disappears. The other opticals lose power as well, until only the main sphere of vision remains. "Hjalm?" She asks.

"Hjalm, answer me girl." She pulls forward to tap on the glass, trying to wake up her AI. "Hjalm, we're in trouble. Help!" She turns around, undoing her harness to push whatever she can on the unresponsive orb she's found herself trapped inside. She falls to the bottom, or at least relative to the position of the mech. "Wake up, drat it! Wake up!" She beats at the cold unfeeling cage until she just has to lie down.

A little girl drifting through the void of space, orphaned and abandoned. Yuka closes her eyes, covers her head in her hands and rocks to the sound of oblivion.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Yi Ersan: Defense:9p/9m TP 3/3/3 | 5/5/5 | GP: 1

"The hel-" Yi cuts their swearing off. No. Not the time.

Something they should have done sooner. They search for an eject, an escape hatch- but there is none... they have a sneaking suspicion, in fact, that there might have been one at some point, but it is not there now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011
[redacted for being a colossal rear end, carry on and I'll just see myself out]

Bitchtits McGee fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Oct 15, 2014

• Locked thread