Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Rose Spirit posted:

I assumed it was a poorly translated "water bullet"?

It's most likely this I think, a lot of things are kind of kind of awfully translated. Metal Sprinter, Mail Strome. Etc etc etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

if you guys ever try to make a whamon again name him salmon

lol I hadn't actually watched the episode yet when I posted this

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

FractalSandwich posted:

What is "Water Blit" supposed to mean, anyway? The only meaning of the word "blit" that I know of has to do with computer graphics, which is marginally appropriate, I guess, but it doesn't seem like what they were going for.

I didn't think of it until you mentioned that "Monzaemon" is a pun on a real proper noun. :(

It's "water blit?" Oops. I always thought it was "water blt" as in "water bullet."

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I feel like this is a topic the thread's touched on before.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.

Colapops posted:

It's "water blit?" Oops. I always thought it was "water blt" as in "water bullet."

No it's a watery BLT which is soggy with grease and full of cheap lovely lettuce.

pick-e
Aug 10, 2014
Going from 4k HP and 2k MP stings among all the other stat losses. Are they really supposed to pass down from one 'mon to the next? It sure doesn't feel like each successive 'mon is starting out any stronger as the game goes on.

The Door Frame posted:

Only Digimon, Sanic, and a couple of Run offs over here. I don't like Mario and watching someone stumble through SH puzzles that you have already solved 5 minutes is slightly maddening no matter how good the commentary or game itself is
Agreed with the Mario part. The series is so bland and vanilla that very little of it makes for good LPs. Sonic may have been a trainwreck but it sure as heck kept things interesting.

As for crossover...
"I can't hold any more."
"I can't hold any more..."
Crossover in game text and inventory management skills. RE4 LP when?

Hirayuki posted:

"Water Blitz," done in by tight text restrictions?
If it were text restrictions how did Horizontal Kick and some of the other longer ones fit?

Answer: Digimon World

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Reborn digimon only have a percentage of the stats that their old form had. They are still gonna be weak as gently caress no matter what you do though.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

MarquiseMindfang posted:

It's most likely this I think, a lot of things are kind of kind of awfully translated. Metal Sprinter, Mail Strome. Etc etc etc.

Marching Fishes?

pick-e
Aug 10, 2014

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Reborn digimon only have a percentage of the stats that their old form had. They are still gonna be weak as gently caress no matter what you do though.
So what you're saying is we're in for more all-training episodes? This is more brutal than I remember Monster Rancher being. I can see the appeal yet I can also see the rear end in a top hat game design.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

pick-e posted:

So what you're saying is we're in for more all-training episodes? This is more brutal than I remember Monster Rancher being. I can see the appeal yet I can also see the rear end in a top hat game design.

It's only brutal because they're playing mostly blind. I've just run through the entire game with just the starter Digimon. 100 Prosperity, 1 Digimon. Didn't touch any training apparatus at all. In fact I was stuck waiting around while fishing Digiseabass for four days to get the Rain Plant at the end, too.

Astrofig posted:

Marching Fishes?

That's not in this game, though.

MarquiseMindfang fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Aug 21, 2015

19LettersLong
May 8, 2011

...let's just put this away.

Part 40

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
What is the "good afternoon" voice clip supposed to be? I feel like someone said it was actually something in Japanese, but that was somewhere in the five billion years this LP has been going on.

I worked at Blockbuster when Destroy All Humans came out (2005, I think), and a commercial for it was in the very short "Blockbuster TV" loop that played all day and drove us nuts. So I got to hear the guy say "DESSSTROOY ALL HUMANS!" several times per commercial, several times an hour, for eight hours at a time. :shepicide: (Don't even get me loving started on the Willy Wonka song from the Johnny Depp remake of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.)

Carousel Of Regret
Nov 7, 2013

you were warned posted:

What is the "good afternoon" voice clip supposed to be? I feel like someone said it was actually something in Japanese, but that was somewhere in the five billion years this LP has been going on.

I'm reasonably certain it's supposed to be "Oyasumi" which means "Good night" in Japanese. Spoilered in case people don't want to ruin the magic of Good Afternoon.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
The KOTOR2 update wasn't even done by Obsidian, it was done by the company that made the Mobile port of KOTOR1

When they started working on KOTOR2 they just decided to go further and update it for PC (and mac?) as well with the extra features like Workshop support.

Tuskin38 fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Sep 26, 2015

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

It's really just Disney getting some of their money's worth from what's left of Lucasarts. As a company, they re-release old things all the time. The same reasoning was behind putting a bunch of old Lucasarts games on GOG. It doesn't mean that a new Rogue Squadron is in the works.

Somethingdumb
Nov 19, 2011

Wicked grosso, dude
i feel like there's a big difference between putting rogue squadron on gog and the work they put into that kotor update

19LettersLong
May 8, 2011

...let's just put this away.

Part 41

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

i enjoyed the special guest star

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
First I learned everything is shapes, and now I know all digimon are types of horses. Keith has much to teach us.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I hope you two end up buying the brand new Digimon game coming out so this wild ride never ends. This is basically my favorite monthly podcast.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Oct 15, 2015

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
So how did you game the system to get a Greymon? There was a subtitle saying that you did, but this is Digimon World, nothing should work the way it's supposed to

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
Hey, other Digimon LPer here. I got a random text off my little sister out of the blue this morning telling me "I'm watching a Digimon World LP. The guys know nothing about the game... I got so frustrated when they couldn't find Kokatorimon."

I asked her if the channel was called Run Button. It was. My little sister, not a member of SA, found your LP and is watching it. My sis thinks you guys suck at the game. "It's not that they're bad, it's just that they make me annoyed".

She has no taste. Just figured I would share an odd coincidence in my life. If possible, tell her she is wrong, that this LP is great and that she sucks.

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

You should give her name or something so they can include a personalized message to freak her out.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
Rachel. LP beef itt.

pick-e
Aug 10, 2014
Siding with Kyle on the whole money thing. It's not glitching/cheating/exploiting at all. It's a natural progression of games with currency where the further you get into a game the easier it is to get loads of money.

And I'm pretty sure all models of PS3 are destined to get loud as heck. I've got an OG 60gb one and a super slim and they each get obnoxiously noisy.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Well hey, after three whole videos you can finally go out and do stuff again!

I imagine all that meticulous planning around your limited lifespan is what's delaying the thread so much.

ZevGun
Sep 6, 2011
Part 42 is up for anyone who hasn't seen it yet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDWwJJXBlPM
Found it looking at recent release videos on their channel

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
Even Kyle and Keith forgot about this thread :(.

Somethingdumb
Nov 19, 2011

Wicked grosso, dude
ONLY KIND OF

We meant to record digimon two sessions in a row and we just did other stuff instead

Somethingdumb
Nov 19, 2011

Wicked grosso, dude

Hey there guys we're trying to get better about posting eps, here's the most recent 3 episode?
We'll do better, promise.
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44

I'm sorry please forgive me

Panboy
May 20, 2010

Le'me tell ya'll about them Apples.
.. Does this make this a youtube dump? is that whats taking place here I thought this LP was dead and gone.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Panboy posted:

a youtube dump

Oh my god we've come full circle

Somethingdumb
Nov 19, 2011

Wicked grosso, dude
Jesus Christ SA hasn't changed even a little. Lmao kill me.

If you want to call it a YouTube dump go ahead. We'll be posting more episodes as we record them.

Somethingdumb fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Dec 12, 2016

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I love this LP series. Please use a gameshark and cheat your way to the end of the game so I can binge watch it over a couple days instead of waiting 4 months between parts :')

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)

Somethingdumb posted:

What, did you expect it to? :shrug:

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah
Please finish this game, if only for the sake of my own vicarious catharsis.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Somethingdumb posted:

If you want to call it a YouTube dump go ahead. We'll be posting more episodes as we record them.

I thought we were doing a bit

Panboy
May 20, 2010

Le'me tell ya'll about them Apples.
Seems humour is hard, I need more practice. Ill go post in GBS for a while.

Somethingdumb
Nov 19, 2011

Wicked grosso, dude
oh that was a joke? its not your fault, you were just so spot on with your parody that it was super plausible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Some nuts are just too soon to roast

I feel like there was supposed to be an analogy there but I lost track of it

• Locked thread