Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbyAZQ45uww

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Boonie digs a massive hole and buries Blacktail up to his neck.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Alf has the conch.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Selene is hogging the shower. Seems like she's been in there for months.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

What were the water restrictions like back in the 90's?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

non-existent

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

What were the water restrictions like back in the 90's?

i'm surprised blacktail has water pressure. it' be a gravity tank-fed shower i presume?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Water elemental. It gets paid in voyeurism.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

thatbastardken posted:

Water elemental. It gets paid in voyeurism.

Boonie has helped

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Coming Up: The Lonesome Death of Buggy Swires

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Lizard Combatant posted:

Coming Up: The Lonesome Death of Buggy Swires

Roll for cirrhosis

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B32yjbCSVpU

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
So I think it's safe to say this game is dead. So now I'll go ahead and reveal all the little stuff I had planned for the future and never got around to.

First off, weaknesses. I was keeping your tribal weaknesses a secret until they revealed themselves. Some of you got to see yours, some didn't.

Bell Jar, your tribal weakness was that you lost a Gnosis point for every embarassing failure.

Splode, yours was that you were haunted by the ghosts of anyone you kill.

Bifauxnen, yours was that, as a Glass Walker, your Gnosis difficulty was always 6 (whereas for everyone else, it could go as low as 2 in a caern, or as high as 9 in a laboratory or some other Weavery area), and also wilderness spirits avoid you.

Coq, TBK, and Seagull you all had the weakness that you had increased difficulties to avoid going into frenzy. The game had several different piddling differences in how, but I just rolled it into a plus 1 difficulty.

LC, yours was that no werewolf outside your pack or your tribe would ever respect you or pay you any mind.

Hambeet, I really wanted to see yours come into play: when you go Crinos, people who see you don't experience delirium. They remember perfectly and are a huge liability.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

rip game

Was a fun game Xylo I enjoyed it

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

What was mine? <:mad:>

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Plot things:

As you know, the Caern that was captured by the Wyrm was in Eleanora Park. If you guys had ever gone too close to their, I was going to crack open the book to find the nastiest stock Wyrm monsters, curses, and traps I could. My idea for it was that back in the mangrove swamp, there'd be a cleared out dias (obscured from above by magic), and basically a spooky Cthulhu-esque temple.

You guys wiped out the minor Black Spiral Dancer pack that lived outside of Brisbane, but the actual city of Brisbane was home to a max-level pack, of which The Abomination was one. Their hive was in the skyscraper that you guys noted was marked on the map of the other pack. They owned most of the dummy corporations occupying the upper floors, and it was basically an evil loving fortress once you take the elevator past the first few floors, like Wolfram and Heart from Angel. The leader of their pack was a powerful CEO who spent most of his time there. The rest of the pack included one who patrols the outskirts of the city. I actually rolled to see if you guys ran into him once, but I gave it a low chance since he's got a lot of ground to cover and I don't think you guys would've been prepared to get jumped by a high level bad guy. Another member of the pack was a mailroom guy in the skyscraper who's basically a serial killer. He's their scout, and would've followed you guys had you ever hosed around in the skyscraper. The other member of their pack was a Joseph Mengele style scientist. He was the one who was overseeing the creation of the giant evil spirit in Brisbane River. He needed a lot of unliving sacrifices to do it, so he'd sort of subcontracted out to the lesser pack to make a deal with the vampires, which is why you found Jet had barrels full of staked vampires.

It went like this: Spiral Dancers go out into the suburbs and kidnap people from all over to avoid suspicion, bring them to Jet, he drains them, turns them into vampires, instantly stakes them, stuffs them in a barrel, and then turns them back over to the Spiral Dancers.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Mills posted:

What was mine? <:mad:>

Same as Bifauxnen, you guys were the same tribe (sorry, my notes are disorganized)

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
The Prince was telling the truth about the vampire civil war poo poo. He knew his power was being eroded by the Sabbat, so he was willing/desperate to make a deal with you guys to take them out. Then he had every intention of killing you in any way possible, probably by giving you bad information and crushing you underneath a train, I didn't get that far into his plans. But in the meantime, he really did have access to all of the city's infrastructure and social and political elite. A whole lot of influence to help you guys and set you up with connections.

As for the Sabbat, Jet was kind of like a big shot but not in a leadership role whatsoever. After he escaped, he was going to spend a week licking his wounds, then he was going to come after Selene in every way he could (since that's the only person he got a good look at and who tried to kill him). I hadn't decided who the actual leader of the Sabbat was, whether it was the one who lived in the Catholic Church or the one in the mansion in the hills. My notes on them seem to have been deleted :smith: but what I'd planned was whichever one you guys went after first would claim to be in charge so you'd have to deal with them (even if they weren't). But only after you'd backed them into a corner.

The Catholic Guy was a Losombra, and his special power (and those of his minions) was absolute power over shadows. Tentacles of shadows, monsters made of living shadows, disappearing into one shadow and reappearing from another, that stuff. Also mind control, and I figured he'd be the sort to surround himself with thousands of "innocents" that he's mindcontrolled, to try to dissuade you from attacking him.

The guy out in the boonies in the mansion was a Tzimisce, a fleshcrafting warlock. He had a menagerie of monsters in his stables ready to be released, stalking around his estate, and guarding him. Giants, trolls, chimeras, all covered in bone spikes. Chaosy poo poo.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Boonie would have pushed their poo poo in

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
I had it written down that Selene's brother would start to get in trouble, since she'd set him into looking into things and he'd encountered people forgetting things and having no memories of things they ought to. This was because the Prince was having evidence of your actions removed from the police's mind.

Unfortunately, Swires's armed robbery and joyriding with the bartender, in addition to a number of other clues he'd left, such as the camera footage evidence of you guys leaving the subway after the nightclub massacre, had already fallen into the hands of Hunters. They were going to blow up Swires's home in two days and watch it to see who comes to check it out and then follow you guys around after that if any of you came near the scene. Hunters are not subtle, but I'd decided they'd only come after players if they were also unsubtle.

Edit: I remember now, hambeet specified he checked for cameras. there was some other evidence you left, but my notes from then are lost, and I just have written in my other note file "evidence from subway"

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

It was an entertaining game. Good work all, good work Xylo

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SKY COQ posted:

rip game

Was a fun game Xylo I enjoyed it

Yeah, the GMing was great! It was a lot of fun to try out a game where I had no clue how anything worked. This seems like a really fun system to play around with all the different magic/crafting possibilities, compared to a standard D&D dungeon crawl. (I've never done that much D&D either, though)

What odds do you think Raj would've had of someday shooting down the Abomination with silver-tipped homing-spirit rockets? :dance:

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
The Glass Walkers were totally going to help you with your rocketry, and you would've done a lot of damage to him, even though he has the ability to shrug off silver damage.

By the way, the reason he never followed you guys through to the real world and had to stay in the Umbra is that his mechanical parts were built into his Crinos form, and if he shifted to human or wolf form, he'd explode or fall apart. And you can't go walking around the real world as a giant monster, so he was restricted to just staying there.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

fuckign top shelf game xylo, great to read the notes and a complete shame i didn't get to be tripped up by my weakness. I think I avoided Crinos most of the time?

Who was in the car that followed some of us on the way back to blacktails?

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."
Great game Xylo,

The fact that you went to so much effort here - plus in all the other Auspol offshoot threads was the reason I decided to organise your care package.

Also thanks for all the players for making it a enjoyable read

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
It was a fun ride while is lasted, thanks Xylo.
I just wish it had run long enough for Buggy's bungled robbery to come back to bite him in the rear end.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
Buggy never transforming was my favourite part of the game. Shine on, brother.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Matthew Beet posted:

fuckign top shelf game xylo, great to read the notes and a complete shame i didn't get to be tripped up by my weakness. I think I avoided Crinos most of the time?

Who was in the car that followed some of us on the way back to blacktails?

You went Crinos several times but always with other people who went Crinos. I was always waiting for you to get on your own.

I'm trying to remember. I believe that car was some goons the Prince had follow you to try to get his offer to you, but you guys opened fire on them. Which they expected might happen because all they know about werewolves is that they're psychotic killing machines.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

XyloJW posted:

You went Crinos several times but always with other people who went Crinos. I was always waiting for you to get on your own.

I'm trying to remember. I believe that car was some goons the Prince had follow you to try to get his offer to you, but you guys opened fire on them. Which they expected might happen because all they know about werewolves is that they're psychotic killing machines.

Ohh yeah I did too.

Man that was a fun game.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Does this mean the Marvin ending is canon?

Also I knew about the beet thing.

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles
Rad game, Xylo. I followed it with great interest and you're a top shelf GM. Hope you get the chance to run another someday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
Yeah your GM skills are nuts, well done.

• Locked thread