Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

DStecks posted:

Holy poo poo, thought the thread title was a joke. :stare:

I'm trying to think if there's ever been another game like this, that's all "sup, there hasn't been an installment in a decade, and we're gonna put one out exactly like if we had back in the day (but with modern tech)".

It still blows my mind that they pulled this off. Even Wasteland 2 is more like Wasteland.. with the Baldur's Gate engine!

Now if we can only get a Quest for Glory game in the same vein... :qfg:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Took me exactly 20 hours, got the good ending with Chelsee. Was pretty happy with it, IIRC only the Egyptian cult castle thing was kind of bullshit.

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005

neongrey posted:

Reload the game. There'll be a Day 13 there if you beat the game with all comics.

The comic everyone is missing is probably from the roof of the moonshine shack in the swamp house. You have to climb the ladder after you repair it but before you pick it up to cross the bridge.

Is that the day that starts with the original Under a Killing Moon day intro? I thought that just happened anyway, didn't know it was special.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Peas and Rice posted:

Now if we can only get a Quest for Glory game in the same vein... :qfg:

Have you tried Heroine's Quest? It's definitely inspired by the QfG games and as a bonus it's freeware.

The Swamp Thing
Sep 11, 2001

It's the Evolution Revolution.
Have the audio stutter problems been fixed yet? I bought this right away when I saw this thread but couldn't even get through the first five minutes because of the skipping-record like vocals. Tried on the lowest settings too and my computer can handle the video without any problems.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

synertia posted:

Is that the day that starts with the original Under a Killing Moon day intro? I thought that just happened anyway, didn't know it was special.

It loads you into Tex's back room that's been locked all game. Lets you watch all the cinematics and some music, etc.

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005

neongrey posted:

It loads you into Tex's back room that's been locked all game. Lets you watch all the cinematics and some music, etc.

drat, I already deleted the game because it was so big on the hard drive. I guess I'll catch it when I play through again.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Mokinokaro posted:

Have you tried Heroine's Quest? It's definitely inspired by the QfG games and as a bonus it's freeware.

I have and the writing was so bad I actually quit playing.

I will probably give it another try because there are literally zero games I want to play right now though.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
Backers, remember that if you qualify for physical incentives, you need to make sure your address is correct in the backers' Mutant Leauge area of the Big Finish Games website, by June 15th. Also, the jazz music downloads are now available, and it sounds great!

Which reminds me of a little trivia that not everyone knows: Bobby James, who did the music for Tesla Effect, is Chris Jones' son-in-law, married to his daughter Courtney. Nepotism or not, the soundtrack is pretty good and with the small budget this game had, who's helping whom, here? Courtney was also in The Pandora Directive during a childhood flashback Tex has. She had a baby, and you can see pictures of her and the kid in the secret Day 13 room in Tex's office. :keke:

So in real life, Tex is a grandpa. If they want to make another game with video, they'd better make it fast. :corsair:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Looks like any GOG exclusivity has expired; the whole classic Tex Murphy line is now on Steam at US $29.99 (sale for $14.99 right now).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord

Hogama posted:

Looks like any GOG exclusivity has expired; the whole classic Tex Murphy line is now on Steam at US $29.99 (sale for $14.99 right now).

Yeah, that's pretty neat. Now more people can discover these games.

However, GOG.com has the Classic Tex Games on sale today for $7.16 (in the next 18 hours).

http://www.gog.com/promo/summer_tex_murphy_bundle_150614

• Locked thread