Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crap
Nov 3, 2012

The Holy Bible is a classic but it seems played out, what cool books would you hollow out, and what would you hide in them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MartingaleJack
Aug 26, 2004

I'll split you open and I don't even like coconuts.
Naked Lunch. My old heroin needles.

Crap
Nov 3, 2012

Do to their large size I think some of the Harry Potter books would be good to hide things in, and because they are so popular you could put it on your book shelf and hide secrets in plain sight.

Crap
Nov 3, 2012

In our modern internet times you could hollow out a dictionary and nobody would find what's inside it for a really long time.

Sudoku
Jul 18, 2009

catdynamite posted:

In our modern internet times you could hollow out a dictionary and nobody would find what's inside it for a really long time.

A thesaurus. When was the last time you needed a thesaurus and also used a physical book of one? Even less likely to be found out than a dictionary.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
The problem with a dictionary or thesaurus is that you risk them getting accidentally thrown away because who still keeps those around?

Vagithug
Dec 27, 2012

by Ralp
Try a phone book if you still get them.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Less Than Zero because nihilism lol

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Atlas Shrugged. Whoever finds what you hid in there clearly deserves it more than you do.

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...

Selachian posted:

Atlas Shrugged. Whoever finds what you hid in there clearly deserves it more than you do.

While I support the destruction of that book, I don't want to have to touch it to modify it for hiding things in. Nor do I want to acquire a copy of it. Though, I suppose it's consistent with Rand to just steal it.

Crap
Nov 3, 2012

:siren: Please note you CAN NOT hollow out an ebook :siren:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Pro tip: hollow out one of those big encyclopedias of handguns they have in the discount section of Barnes and Noble to use as a handgun case.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

catdynamite posted:

:siren: Please note you CAN NOT hollow out an ebook :siren:

gently caress

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
Brandon Sanderson's Words of Radiance, because I know you guys already have two copies because they were less that 1/2 list price at costco and the ebook. That way you can hide your gun and a bottle in the same book.

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

Here's a little tip. Put a Hershey kiss in a book you plan on reading in the future. Its like a gift to your future self.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it

catdynamite posted:

Do to their large size I think some of the Harry Potter books would be good to hide things in, and because they are so popular you could put it on your book shelf and hide secrets in plain sight.

My sister used to keep her pot in a hollowed-out copy of Goblet of Fire.

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013
Infinite Jest because it is a big book and in case of a flood you could use a hollowed out copy as a boat.

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

IRONKNUCKLE PERMA-BANNED! CHALLENGES LIBERALS TO 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE! READ HERE
Lupus Handbook

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

catdynamite posted:

The Holy Bible is a classic but it seems played out, what cool books would you hollow out, and what would you hide in them?

I can't think of a book that I would both willfully damage and which I would want to keep in my house in the first place.

But if I could I would hide a smaller book inside.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

An old hardcover Ulysses.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I use the phone book. You get a new one every year too so that helps you hide more stuff, although people might be suspicious about why you have so many phone books lyin around.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Hollow out Point Omega and put in the pages of The Giving Tree or vica versa.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!
Hollow out Atlas Shrugged and put a copy of the Communist Manifesto inside.

Mister Morn
Feb 9, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I'd hollow out a copy of Catch-22 and put another copy of Catch-22 inside.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
You could probably hide maybe a dozen bibles inside themselves, russian doll style.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Mr. Squishy posted:

Hollow out Point Omega and put in the pages of The Giving Tree or vica versa.

Wouldn't that involve an unusually large copy of The Giving Tree?

Some of the books y'all are suggesting are extremely small.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Mr. Squishy posted:

You could probably hide maybe a dozen bibles inside themselves, russian doll style.

This on the other hand is a great idea, especially if you used a really large Bible like this one: http://www.acu.edu/academics/library/cfm/collectc/waynai.html

HighClassSwankyTime
Jan 16, 2004

I hollow out Time Magazine to hide my coke stash

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it

Mister Morn posted:

I'd hollow out a copy of Catch-22 and put another copy of Catch-22 inside.

I thought this topic was poo poo but this owns

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Harry Potter -> Hunger Games -> Twilight -> Divergent -> hand written fan fiction involving vampires and magicians in a post apocalyptic society

Crap
Nov 3, 2012

Popular Human posted:

My sister used to keep her pot in a hollowed-out copy of Goblet of Fire.

"Goblet of fire". :350:

Catsplosion
Aug 19, 2007

I am become Dwarf, the destroyer of cats.

Mr. Squishy posted:

I could see that in an art gallery.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

catdynamite posted:

"Goblet of fire". :350:

:thejoke:

Das_Bass
Feb 11, 2014

Selachian posted:

But that would imply to people that come over that I've read and own a copy of Atlas Shrugged. They might even pick it up and try throwing it out for me as a favor, and rightly so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethnic Hairstyles
May 23, 2009

Claw a trench out of a disintegrating ancient codex and bark down the hole.

• Locked thread