Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Stanley Pain posted:

The operative word you were looking for was good, Drinkfist. Not drag balls through shards for glass.

I know not of this word "good".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
The last few pages have made it very clear I should go against all this advice on what you absolutely must do for maximum efficiency and then post about what fun it is so some goon has an aneurysm about how I'm having fun wrong.

I like this game already.

Mjolnerd
Jan 28, 2006

Smellrose

Anoia posted:

The last few pages have made it very clear I should go against all this advice on what you absolutely must do for maximum efficiency and then post about what fun it is so some goon has an aneurysm about how I'm having fun wrong.

I like this game already.

Fun is having a game with many PvE systems for lots of players to get lost in, as well as open enough PvP rules to allow us to then wreck that fun.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Mjolnerd posted:

Fun is having a game with many PvE systems for lots of players to get lost in, as well as open enough PvP rules to allow us to then wreck that fun.
Sounds like EVE Online to me, OP.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Alright, bought a $30 account. Or I should say, a $42 dollar account because my dollar is so poo poo right now. Hi Eonwe, hi Kimsemus, hi Alex, Hi Drinkfist.

e: What is the significance of Family names?

Xaitil
Aug 5, 2009

I am attempting to decide what class to play at launch and am having a hell of a time deciding between wizard and sorceress. I will probably be solo most of the time but will still want to join in on the GvG shenanigans as much as I can, and from what I have read is that wizards are king poo poo for GvG but pretty mediocre when they are solo. So my question is are wizards viable at 1v1 or would I just be best off running as a sorceress since I will probably be solo most of the time?

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Buy 1 get 1 bottle of Lysol FREE!
dunno dude, I read that wiz is good for solo stuff as well since aoe

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Charles Bukowski posted:

Alright, bought a $30 account. Or I should say, a $42 dollar account because my dollar is so poo poo right now. Hi Eonwe, hi Kimsemus, hi Alex, Hi Drinkfist.

Every character on your account shares the family name.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Charles Bukowski posted:

I don't think there's any significance beyond having it float above your character name.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Charles Bukowski posted:

hi and idk

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Xaitil posted:

I am attempting to decide what class to play at launch and am having a hell of a time deciding between wizard and sorceress. I will probably be solo most of the time but will still want to join in on the GvG shenanigans as much as I can, and from what I have read is that wizards are king poo poo for GvG but pretty mediocre when they are solo. So my question is are wizards viable at 1v1 or would I just be best off running as a sorceress since I will probably be solo most of the time?
Wizard, just like any other class in the game, is completely viable 1v1, both in PvE and PvP, since developers were well aware as to what kind of game they were making. It's not top tier solo PvP class, yes, but only because many of abilities have casting time. You still can instagib an idiot trying to claim your farming spot or calling you names.

Like, to put it in perspective, with the sorceress you may as well build an alchemist table in a wagon and plug yourself into it, given the amount of potions you'll need just for farming. Every class has pluses and minuses, none have crippling disability to do something solo in this game.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Feb 10, 2016

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
What are good PvP classes for idiots who are bad at games

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Xaitil posted:

To continue on this, here's a video how an average player on Witch (Wizard) was getting ganked by an average Tamer, which at the time was ("arguably") the best solo PvP class until quite later into the game than seen on the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl_MtlfzaFU

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Eonwe posted:

Ranger. It's pretty boring at the start.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Actually the best class is NEET. Since gear is way more important and that will require grinding.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Eonwe posted:

Sorceress, Blader, and Ninja have some learning curve. Everything else is playable from the get go.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
posted new topic with an actual OP. look at it and behold my ability to google nonsensible and unrelated images

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3763764

lewtt fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Feb 10, 2016

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
use the other thread

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Feb 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

Eonwe posted: