Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Majin Bone, produced by Toei, and dismissed by many (fairly rightfully so) for being another marketing gimmick show, for a digital card game of all things. But you know what, that isn't the point. The train for this crazy animated toku thing departs from here.

Why the hell should you watch this show? The director did One Piece. Some of the art was originally done by one of the dudes behind Onepunch Man. It's silly. It's silly fun. The animation is neat, and quite charming, despite obviously being on a budget. (Some people say it reminds them of Kyosogiga, if that isn't an endorsement I don't know what is.) It (so far) isn't blindingly idiotic, and is really really well paced. The characters have more depth to them than I would expect from a show like this, there's enough plot to keep one interested... So here we are. Majin Bone thread, go!

The story (sort of) Do I really have to do this? Sigh. Alright. Here we go. Shougo is a normaler-than-most Japanese kid. He's interested in healthy things like his Karate training, or expanding his swimsuit mag collection, or avoiding getting the everloving snot beat out of him by his older sister, or hell, maybe even studying for exams somewhere in there. Or at least wishing aliens invade so that exams can be cancelled. Life was going fine, untill aliens did invade, by way of a meteor striking his childhood friend's house... And then Power Rangers.

Where can I watch this? - Crunchyroll has the rights to this in the USA. For other countries, sorry, no clue.

Our protagonists

Shougo Ryuujin - Voiced by: KENN -Our protagonist. Knows Karate IRL. As a counterpoint to most shonen anime protagonists doesn't seem to have the standard shonen dumb syndrom. So far.

Saho Shimatani - Voiced by: Eri Sendai - The childhood friend. Has a major obsession with the paranormal, is probably a goonette in training.

Luke - Voiced by: Shinnosuke Tachibana - Leader of the local branch of power rangers. Likes flashy enterances.

Tomoko Ryuujin- Voiced by: Minako Kotobuki - Main character's sister. Can probably kick everybody else's rear end in the show, but is too busy running a restaurant to be saving the world.

Momotaro - Voiced by: Yuko Gibu - The resident dog/emergency food supply/damsel in distress. Note - has not actually talked. So far.

Tyrone - Voiced by: Hiroki Yasumoto - An exchange student from Africa. Also a power ranger. The cool-headed guy of the group.

Antonio - Voiced by: Hiroyuki Yoshino - A famous acrobat from the famous country of passion, Brazil! Also a power ranger

Please note: This is a super-serious boner-joke-free zone.

OWLS! fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Apr 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

my favorite part of this show is when shougo resonates with his bone and enters the bone zone.

this is a pretty fun show

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

This show would be pretty good if it wasn't for the loving card.

Also, I keep thinking that the card is going to end up bent or dog-eared. He keeps the drat thing in his pocket of all places. Hasn't he heard of card protectors?

I really don't know what's going on yet either. But, the protagonist isn't too stupid and only Antonio is super annoying, so I will watch the next episode.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
"How do I transform?"
"Just do what I do. First, go into space. Next, get a glowing body suit from somewhere. Then make your card into 4 giant transparent cards and kind of stick your body through them. What do you mean you don't understand? I mean, you have a piece of cardboard so the rest should be simple."

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

Okay, so there was one really good scene in this week's episode:

(I told you he needed a card protector!)

• Locked thread