Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Aw, Tails got his very own boss fight! What a little scrapper.

...that actually was his first and only boss fight, wasn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
Well, technically he had two boss fights earlier that he shares with Sonic, but yeah there's next to no unique/original content for any of the stories. There's like...one level and one irrelevant minigame that Sonic doesn't play, and every level is played by a minimum of two characters. Bosses are a little better. Everyone but Big has at least one unique boss that no one else fights, although Big and Amy only have one boss fight period.

Like everyone who shares a level has a different version of the level built around their style of gameplay but no one would blame you for going, "Ho hum, the same level again."

GameboyHero
Apr 11, 2010

And the LP lives on. Mostly everything knuckles related is ready so maybe I can keep a steady update schedule for at least a week. Completely forgot to record anything trials related so the ones for this video will be added with the next update.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
I'm more interested on how Eggman can just waltz into a hotel without setting off any alarms than why he's hanging out in a restaurant for a boss fight.

StarPilot87
Dec 31, 2012
The Silver emerald is clearly powered by carbonation.

GameboyHero
Apr 11, 2010

And the last time we'll see Chaos 4. The trials videos for K1 and K2 are up in the OP.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I will say this for Knuckles: at least his version of Red Mountain has the good music all the way through.

GameboyHero
Apr 11, 2010

Nearing the end for good ol' Knuckles. Amy's story is recorded and edited. Just needs commentary, which we're hoping to get in sometime Tuesday/Wednesday.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President
Gamma's theme is definitely the best thing.

Anyway, I recall the final boss for Knuckles' story was kind of underwhelming.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
That's because it's not even unique, it's something that has been fought in the LP already.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It seems strange, but also perhaps fitting, that in many places in these ruins the emerald shard will just be sitting out in the open.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
You have to wonder how some of them get in the places they do. inside a seemingly undisturbed space boulder??

GameboyHero
Apr 11, 2010

Emerald shards are secretly sentient. Now to wrap this up:

Still taking my sweet time but hey two down, four to go! So what's funny lately is that SA1 on steam got an update for achievements, if you're into that thing. I think it also fixes the config bug so now it should actually work. No idea if it does though. Everything else is still there, though.

GameboyHero fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Aug 9, 2014

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
The events of Sonic 3 & Knuckles are supposed to take place entirely on Angel Island, and in that game the island had space for so much disparate poo poo (including, by my count, the abandoned ruins of at least four distinct ancient cultures, one of which is itself floating in midair for no good reason) it was more like a small continent. So I reckon the size of the island is immaterial, the Master Emerald can hold up whatever the gently caress it wants and you'd better not question it while it's drifting overhead.

GameboyHero posted:

Emerald shards are secretly sentient.

It would certainly explain why the regular old chaos emeralds keep going missing and you have to find them all over again every single loving game.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
The exploding wall is absolutely the side of Angel Island, if you talk to the explorer standing in the area before the wall explodes, he talks about how the mountain appeared overnight.

Incidentally, every human NPC has unique dialogue at every story beat in the game, and some of them have their own story arcs that advance across all of the playable character's stories. One time when I played this, I talked to every single person, every single time. Yeah, a bit crazy, I know.

Also, I have to agree with whichever co-commentator it was on turning the shiny models back on if it means fixing all of the other things that get broken. I survived shiny models on the Gamecube, I'm sure as heck not going to be bothered by them watching an LP.

GameboyHero
Apr 11, 2010

Oblivion4568238 posted:

Also, I have to agree with whichever co-commentator it was on turning the shiny models back on if it means fixing all of the other things that get broken. I survived shiny models on the Gamecube, I'm sure as heck not going to be bothered by them watching an LP.
It wasn't as bad but at this point one of Amy's upgrades now has no texture. So it'll be back on by the time I get to Big.

FishOnAPiano
Oct 9, 2012
Catching up, and just watched the Speed Highway trials video: I've never noticed before the video that the running-down-the-building section had those really quiet vocals.

FishOnAPiano fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Aug 13, 2014

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Well, the traditional pastime of Knuckles' people does appear to be not giving a poo poo. Good to see him getting back to his roots in the ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President

Glazius posted:

Well, the traditional pastime of Knuckles' people does appear to be not giving a poo poo. Good to see him getting back to his roots in the ending.

The Knuckles Tribe always won the "Not Giving A poo poo" events in the Ancient Greek Olympics. Sonic Canon, doncha know?

• Locked thread