Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

No. Hyperion needs to be on whichever team Thor is on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Only one of them is Not Superman anyway. Hyperion is just Superman.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Seldom Posts posted:

Lurdiak is right

What the...

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lurdiak posted:

What the...

Probably a stopped clocks type situation, I wouldn't worry about it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Skwirl posted:

Probably a stopped clocks type situation, I wouldn't worry about it.

Yeah, these forums are bound to get it right once in a while.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

zoux posted:

Is that the one where he saves the kidnapped kid?

Also I don't know poo poo about Blue Marvel but if he's just Superman I hope he goes away because Superman is one of the biggest problems with DC.
Wow. Wrong.

Unless you mean Henry Rollins, Ridin' a Hog Superman, in which case you are right.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Endless Mike posted:

Wow. Wrong.

Unless you mean Henry Rollins, Ridin' a Hog Superman, in which case you are right.

I've literally never been interested in Superman (or the DCU, so my opinion is for nothing) but I would read a series about Henry Rollins ridin' a hog.

Psychlone
Sep 3, 2004

It's never straight up and down!

SirDan3k posted:

The writer failed to make him sound earnest, the writer failed to make him sound like anything but the writer being pissy they weren't the one running the shake up.

Save for his portrayal throughout Mighty Avengers. The entire run of that series showed every hero on the team to be ultimately humanistic and working for the best of the people. In fact, that was the point of the last issue. Notice how many regular people are working as Avengers, and they are called part of the Mighty Avengers in the front of the book. They work out of a store front in New York that's freely accessed by anybody who needs their help. Blue Marvel might be a super-scientist who talked with The Watcher, but first and foremost, he's a Mighty Avenger. I totally think he was sincere, him and Spectrum.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Been re reading NA: The issue where the Illuminati destroy the Not-Justice League on Not-Earth-52 is seriously so good. :allears:

Nobby
Sep 10, 2006

Everyone cries when they're stabbed. There's no shame in that.

Psychlone posted:

Save for his portrayal throughout Mighty Avengers. The entire run of that series showed every hero on the team to be ultimately humanistic and working for the best of the people. In fact, that was the point of the last issue. Notice how many regular people are working as Avengers, and they are called part of the Mighty Avengers in the front of the book. They work out of a store front in New York that's freely accessed by anybody who needs their help. Blue Marvel might be a super-scientist who talked with The Watcher, but first and foremost, he's a Mighty Avenger. I totally think he was sincere, him and Spectrum.

At this point, I trust Al Ewing more than any other writer at Marvel. I know almost for a fact that I'll love wherever this is going.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

LordPants posted:

Been re reading NA: The issue where the Illuminati destroy the Not-Justice League on Not-Earth-52 is seriously so good. :allears:

"You were planning on blowing up our earth, werent you?"
"Y-No! How could you even think that?!"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Nobby posted:

At this point, I trust Al Ewing more than any other writer at Marvel. I know almost for a fact that I'll love wherever this is going.

Yeah, Ewing has been knocking it out of the park from the get go. I almost wish he was writing lower profile books that wouldn't have to deal with Secret Wars or anything else at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Psychlone posted:

I'm not saying that he wasn't actually trying to be genuine but I agree that it wasn't well written enough for me to actually believe that was his opinion. Regardless of his genuine feelings, the writer wrote that with an undertone that some of us read. I think there is a big argument to be made there because freedom of choice and information is a huge debate right now; I just don't think the argument was made in this instance.

• Locked thread