Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Thanks for reminding me that Still Waiting... was an actual movie. :smithicide:

Yeah seriously, and Adam Carolla was in it but they didn't even put him on the cover, what the gently caress

I mean i know he's just a cameo but hey, they stuck Dave Chapelle front and center on the cover of Half Baked when he got famous because they knew he'd sell the movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
only good part of still waiting is when the dude from the first movie comes in and has become exactly what he always hated most

a happy story

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

The Monkey Man posted:

All you need to hear is that it's called "Bob's Game" for you to know he's a megalomaniac.

And that Bob's Game features prominently within the game itself as if anyone other than Bob would give a gently caress about Bob's Game.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

hmm supernorn your current project is looking nice. I didnt know your name is Bob tho

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

like it was a cool idea 10 years ago that he made a game by himself
but havent a bazillion indie devs done that by now and actually released their games

he lost the only unique thing going for him

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

JazzFlight posted:

but havent a bazillion indie devs done that by now and actually released their games

that's true. there are so many development tools that it's pretty reasonable for someone to make a game by themselves these days. download unity & blender and you're pretty much set. bob's game is already obsolete

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
gently caress the game, where's bob's revolutionary console, the xD?

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Maybe since it took so long it will be really good. Though I think someone beat him to it and made A Bird Story (which is trash btw(

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Bob's Spergers

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Bob needs a new hobby.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
There is no Bob's Game. Bob's Game is the notebook full of doodles at the end of American Psycho.

Sailor Viy
Aug 4, 2013

And when I can swim no longer, if I have not reached Aslan's country, or shot over the edge of the world into some vast cataract, I shall sink with my nose to the sunrise.

JazzFlight posted:

He didn't actually make a game though

I remember when he released the demo (which was like 5 years ago not 10) and there had been plenty of one-person games released by then. On the indie game forum I used to post on everybody made fun of him until he came and started arguing with us. then he went nuts about the nintendo thing. then he claimed that he only pretended to go nuts as part of an alternate reality marketing stunt. which is arguably even more nuts than just going nuts

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat
the moral of the story is to not post about your hobby projects on the internet, that way no one will make fun of you when you don't finish them

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
If only it was just a hobby project for him and not a scam/his life.

Treebeh
Sep 20, 2010

we never say anything unless it is worth taking a long time to say.
bobsgame.com has been "updated." The insane life story wall of text is now gone and replaced with a simple...

I guess we won't be receiving refunds on our Kickstarter pledges, and bob's game development will go on. Hooray?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I know I'm late to the party but holy poo poo this kickstarter. I love that his failing stretch goal is probably the smartest thing for him to do.

I thought I made a lot of bad decisions but man this guy really goes for it, or at least claims he does. He claims he found someone to make him a custom handheld device for 25 bucks and then wasted a year trying to set up some sort of hub system for it? Oh my god, I don't believe Nintendo ever actually offered him a job, but goddamn, this guy really needs some loving structure.

Every line of this is just insane or stupid. He thinks he could afford an office for 20,000 bucks for a couple years??

"My means of supporting myself are extremely modest and with even a small amount of funding I should be able to get the ball rolling and keep it steady with regular donations and purchases from a small fan community."

Good lord.

Treebeh
Sep 20, 2010

we never say anything unless it is worth taking a long time to say.

dodecahardon
Oct 20, 2008
I'm really happy for him, that's great

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

same

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

gently caress, i've been doing this whole gamedev thing wrong then

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
What ever happened to Uillillia? He was my favorite crazy internet guy working on a game.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

adocious posted:

I'm really happy for him, that's great

lol

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

im glad of this recent development

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

Dr_Amazing posted:

What ever happened to Uillillia? He was my favorite crazy internet guy working on a game.

Too much feces poking

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

I hoped you all watched that video on his Kickstarter because it is truely eye opening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ7pPwORn4Y

Also

gay skull posted:

A Bob's work is never done

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Onkel Hedwig posted:

I hoped you all watched that video on his Kickstarter because it is truely eye opening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ7pPwORn4Y

Also

So it's tetris? idgi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I am the neverending roar of the crowd cheering on the tetris match, I have seen the face of bob

• Locked thread