Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」
just posted this thread to reddit.com

please ban OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

ancient website, somethingawful, complains about new things
yeah I guess you could say reddit likes "new things" much better than "old things" :pedo:

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Actually Reddit is funny and good.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

ah yes reddit memes are very funny *smiles jewishly*

*sits on high horse on high tower with hilarious goku's pants memes*

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

please dont laugh at retards

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
rage comics are supremely my poo poo. vive le reddit

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Ban this man

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax
Reddit is awesome for music and nothing else.

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013
write a cookie that tracks recent visits to reddit and automatically bans you on log-on if a visit is detected

Ungoal
Mar 13, 2014

by XyloJW
Reddit has good and terrible subreddits the same way Something Awful has good and terrible subforums. News at 11.

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

Ungoal posted:

Reddit has good and terrible subreddits the same way Something Awful has good and terrible subforums. News at 11.

it's not really comparable, reddit closed their pedophile subreddits and yet we still have ADTRW

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Noctis Horrendae posted:

write a cookie that tracks recent visits to reddit and automatically bans you on log-on if a visit is detected

Chris Awful
Oct 2, 2005

Tell your friends they don't have to be scared or hungry anymore comrades.

At first I was bothered by reddits' weird nested comments, but I opened my mind and now I don't have to scour the internet for OC, it is all reposted on reddit. I come to somethingawful for niche OC.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

john c. dvorak is a libertarian and doesn't believe the telecoms are practicing monopolistic behavior because he gets to choose from 3 telecoms in his retard hole in the bay area.

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

If I click a link without checking it first and it goes to Reddit I'm like 'oh poo poo' and I close the tab really quick.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

A redditor stalks a girl at an airport, posts pictures of her online

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
I disagree. I would be the end of GBS 1.4.

Reset Button
Jan 25, 2011

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

terrible poster thinks reddit is good
there u go. auto-ban it is.

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

I wish Starbound was a dick so I could put it in my ass and mouth!
upvoted

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

For a day the forums should only have one giant thread that anyone is allowed to post in.

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

I like him in spite of the fact that he's not me.
?

Ben Murphy fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Sep 20, 2014

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
It seemed fine at the time. Fun, even. It didn't occur to me until later, much later in my life, that brother and sister didn't normally do that sort of thing. And when I realized that what we had done was wrong, that the recollections I had of sucking on my sisters nipples and sticking my penis inside of her were abnormal, I brought up the issues I had with the only person I though would understand, my sister.

But she denied that anything had happened. By the time I had brought it up to her, I was almost a teenager, and she was obviously embarrassed by the entire situation. But her denial drove me crazy. I was eight years old, I was already confused by most of the world and the people inside of it, and suddenly I found that memories I had, distinct memories that I could recall, were called into question. I didn't know who to trust if I couldn't even trust my own memories. And in time, I forgot the memories, I forgot what had happened to me when I was five years old. I forgot the countless nights, when I was five years old, spent with my sister, a young teen trying to discover he sexuality with the only male she had readily available to her. And with time, I would come to believe my depression, my feelings of alienation and my isolation was due to my physically and emotionally abusive father alone. I would come to forget the sexual exploration I was too young to understand, too young to forget, and had been told by the very person I had experienced it with that I had made it up. That I was a liar, and had fabricated my memories. So I forgot. I forgot about my abuse, I forgot about the experiences that would taint me forever, that would ruin me. Until I couldn't forget anymore. Until, on one fateful summer night, I couldn't forget anymore, and all my memories came rushing back to me. My life changed that night. I was never the same. I told my mother, who subsequently called my sister, who denied such a heinous act, and my mother believed her. As would my grand mother, and would most, if not all of my other family members. I became labeled as a liar. Most presumably thought I had made up such an act for attention. It wasn't until years later that my sister came clean, that she admitted what she had done, and by that point, my reputation was already ruined , as were my relationships with most of my family. And by the time she came forward, my claims were already old news, and few felt the desire to address such a topic. So, my isolation furthered, I withdrew even more.

But no one understands. No one understands that a boy can be just as vulnerable when sexually assaulted by a female as when the roles are reversed. I was accused of enjoying it. I was asked what the big deal was. I was told to “Man up” and get over it. I was told she was just a child herself, and that what happened was normal. But I don't feel normal. I don't feel like what I've gone through is normal.
And I feel like it has ruined me sexually. I have always felt tainted. And I don't feel that anyone cares. I've never felt as if they did. When I was younger, both of my sisters came forward with allegations of sexual assault against male family members. And, even through all of their changing stories and differing circumstances, they were treated as birds with broken wings, who must be babied and treated with the utmost care. But when I came forward with my own allegations, when I recollected memories to the best of my ability, and have stood by my story, I was treated with skepticism and disbelief. People refused to believe that I could be taken advantage of. Least of all by a girl.

But I'm here to tell you something right now. I was sexually assaulted. And I've had to live with that knowledge every day since I was 13. I have had to live with the disbelief, the indifference, and the knowledge that no one gives a poo poo. Because I'm a male, so I must have enjoyed it, I must look back with fond loving memories of my sexual assault, because I have a penis, so sex must be the most important thing in the world to me. Not belonging, not wanting to feel loved, not ridding myself of this crippling anxiety and feelings of isolation I've dealt with as long as I can remember, but sex, sex must be the most important thing in the world to me. Because I have a penis.

So let's disregard all of the connotations and stereotypes behind the gender lines. I'd like to take this moment to address every single person who's ever thought that a boy, a boy of 13 or 14 or 15 or younger who had sexual relations with one of his female teachers was “lucky.” I'd like to address every person who every told a male victim of sexual assault that because their primary sexual organ was erect and sexually excited that they must have enjoyed their rape. I'd like to address every person who's ever broached this topic as I they knew what I and countless other unrepresented and misunderstood male victim of sexual assault have gone through. And I'd like to address the person who stole my innocence, who ruined me, and who didn't have the courage to own up to it until no one believed and even less people cared.
gently caress you.
gently caress you.
gently caress you.
And gently caress you.

You don't know me, you don't understand me, and you don't care. But you know what, I don't loving care about you either. From where I'm standing, you are my enemy. Because I am trying to get over something personally that there is almost no support for out in the world. I feel alone so often, I'm not sure I remember what it's like to feel like I'm not. And you're the reason. You're ignorance. You're sexism. You're misguided views. They are all bullshit. And so are you.

So gently caress you.

I hope there's a hell, and hope you're living in it right now. Because people like you, who refuse to see that men are weak and vulnerable and can be damaged by women's actions because we are all human, and we all have the same capacity to feel and be injured by other's actions, are the problem. I hope you die, because the world would be a better place without you. SO why don;t you do us all ma favor and let the adults talk. Let the people who have experienced traumatic poo poo in their lives on both sides of the gender lines, and the people who care about those traumas, regardless of the gender of the victim, hash these issues out. Because it's becoming increasingly obvious that your old world, bigoted views on sexuality, both male and female, rapist and victim, are dated and wrong. So get out of the new world if you can't lend your hand.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I'm pretty sure this petition is a repost from reddit demanding people who steal reddit links get banned.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
You absolutely aren't alone... As much as I wish your story (and others posted here) were rare, they aren't.

Everything you're feeling is normal- but part of healing will mean not letting this event define you completely- it will mean finding a way to grow and be whole despite her/them/yourself.

As for me- I'm a two-time survivor, molested as a child by a female babysitter, and drugged and raped as an adult in college by a female friend of my gf at the time. Each person's experiences are unique... So is their healing. When we say we understand- it's to be there for you however you need it. However you need. So you can heal. Just let us know.
Myself, I'm pulling together a group of really awesome guys to talk about what it means to be a man anymore- to walk through the tough stuff like this... And within that group, a smaller one, a support group for men who have been abused- be it sexually or domestic violence, or what have you- in my area. I've decided that... Well... The only people who are going to help us right now is us... And I can't justify complaining about the lack of support unless I'm willing to do something about it. On the off chance you live anywhere near StL, drop me a PM, if you're interested in joining me. Informal, no pressure.

That goes for anyone else, too.

There are resources out there... Look up the sidebar and FAQ, and you'll see links to many of them. Mine will be joining the list as soon as I can get the act really pulled together.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
no loving way reddit isnt just people trolling each other, like i imagine e/n to be

it's a good source of erotica at least :fap:

Xaris fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jul 2, 2014

Reset Button
Jan 25, 2011

Xaris posted:

no loving way reddit isnt just people trolling each other, like i imagine e/n to be

it's a good source of erotica at least :fap:

either u have rly bad timing or i will actually post with proper grammar for the next sentence:

Please, seek help.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

I like reddit. It's my homepage. I'm a redditor for life.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

a video of some women busted stealing a tent at a beach. nothing about feminism, but it was posted on reddit, so it's totally about feminism.

lol "they"

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

who cares, or gives a poo poo or even a gently caress

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Angstrom
Nov 4, 2011

ArbitraryC posted:

I've never visited the site outside of it occasionally being the first hit for a random google search, but I have known several friends who liked visiting the site. The general impression I get is all the mra/brony/fedora/pedophile/etc stuff is relegated to specific subforums and doesn't necessarily overlap with other forums that you're average person who found the site for a specific topic would see. I dated a girl who liked to read r/trees for example and it was pretty much the exact same thing as tcc weed threads from what I saw when reading over her shoulder. When I've joked about stuff like "to catch a redditor" to my friends who browse it they didn't even really get the reference and had no idea there were subreddits dedicated to borderline pedophilia, it's a really compartmentalized site apparently. Your average goon probably knows more about bronies and the red pill than your average redditor to be honest.

This is pretty much the truth. When I browse reddit I just look at specific subforums that I'm personally interested in like http://www.reddit.com/r/diy http://www.reddit.com/r/investing http://www.reddit.com/r/EatCheapAndHealthy. Since reddit is many orders of magnitude more popular than SA it is easy to pick out weird subreddits/users, but percentage wise they are by far the minority. Some statistics from reddit's about page: there were 113,479,741 unique viewers last month and 2,965,399 different logged in users. Compare this to 188,024 total registered users and 7,038 registered users currently logged in at SA. Over 99.9% of the people who browse reddit probably have no idea any of that weird stuff exists.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Angstrom posted:

This is pretty much the truth. When I browse reddit I just look at specific subforums that I'm personally interested in like http://www.reddit.com/r/diy http://www.reddit.com/r/investing http://www.reddit.com/r/EatCheapAndHealthy. Since reddit is many orders of magnitude more popular than SA it is easy to pick out weird subreddits/users, but percentage wise they are by far the minority. Some statistics from reddit's about page: there were 113,479,741 unique viewers last month and 2,965,399 different logged in users. Compare this to 188,024 total registered users and 7,038 registered users currently logged in at SA. Over 99.9% of the people who browse reddit probably have no idea any of that weird stuff exists.

no one gives a gently caress about the gay poo poo you read on reddit shut the heck up

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
most of the content posted to GBS is posted to reddit hours before. Basically close down GBS if you want to enforce this rule

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

most of the content posted to GBS is posted to reddit hours before. Basically close down GBS if you want to enforce this rule

i dont read reddit and i make lots of threads so maybe just delete everyones threads but mine

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
can i still post poo poo from digg?

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

yeah, i forgot they had that huge barricade between /r/picsofdeadkids and the rest of reddit. like the knights watch that keep FYAD out of GBS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billy Everyteen
May 6, 2009
I disagree op, how will we ever prove ourselves as a superior forum if we don't constantly repost stuff from reddit in order to compare to ourselves.

• Locked thread