Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I still say when they had six or seven ants running about they missed a major opportunity to have a guy named Bullet Ant act like a Brian Pillman knockoff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Wikipedia claims that Mr.Azerbaijan is Chuck Taylor, for what that's worth.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Wikipedia claims that Mr.Azerbaijan is Chuck Taylor, for what that's worth.

This raises an interesting question about the bracket match-ups that breaks the kayfabe of Chikara so I'll spoil: so I suppose this means that we wont see Chuck Taylor's group against any team that has any of those guys pull double duty, such as the Ants (Cassidy and Gulak are Soldier and Fire, right?) or the aforementioned Mr. Azerbaijan?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

BodyMassageMachine posted:

This raises an interesting question about the bracket match-ups that breaks the kayfabe of Chikara so I'll spoil: so I suppose this means that we wont see Chuck Taylor's group against any team that has any of those guys pull double duty, such as the Ants (Cassidy and Gulak are Soldier and Fire, right?) or the aforementioned Mr. Azerbaijan?

Every team will go against every other team twice, but it won't all be four-on-four. They can be singles, tag, trio or atomicos. The only rule is that both matches can't be the same type. So they could just as easily do Chuck Taylor vs. Prakish Sabar for the first time around and then Drew Gulak and Orange Cassidy vs. Mr. Azerbaijain and Boar the second time.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
It really does limit the 4 vs 4 matches they could possibly do though. Guess it will be a lot of singles and tags.

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.

BodyMassageMachine posted:

Not unless they re-do the tim donst vokoder angle pre BDK...

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Looks like Obariyon and Oleg got traded from Max Smashermaster's team to Ultramantis Black's team for Flex Rumblecrunch and Jaka. So, that means the teams are:

1.) Max Smashmaster, Blaster McMassive, Flex Rumblecrunch, Jaka
2.) Dasher Hatfield, Mr. Touchdown, Icarus, Heidi Lovelace
3.) Ultramantis Black, Oleg the Usurper, Batiri
4.) Chuck Taylor, Drew Gulak, Orange Cassidy, Swamp Monster
5.) Hallowicked, Frightmare, Silver Ant, Blind Rage
6.) Jakob Hammermeier, Soldier Ant, N0kken, Pinkie Sanchez
7.) Amasis, Fire Ant, Worker Ant, Ashley Remington
8.) Ophidian, Eddie Kingston, Shynron, Argus
9.) Juan Francisco de Coronado & The Bloc Party
10.) Princess Kimber Lee, Jervis Cottonbelly, Los Ice Creams

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

DM Punk posted:

Looks like Obariyon and Oleg got traded from Max Smashermaster's team to Ultramantis Black's team for Flex Rumblecrunch and Jaka. So, that means the teams are:

Based on Bakabella's Twitter, congratulations to UltraMantis for now owning Bakabella's son's brand new Nintendo Entertainment System.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
So, that kind of evens out the teams for the most part. The only oddity that's left is Silver Ant being on a team with Hallowicked, Frightmare, and Blind Rage.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

DM Punk posted:

So, that kind of evens out the teams for the most part. The only oddity that's left is Silver Ant being on a team with Hallowicked, Frightmare, and Blind Rage.

Maybe they'll change his name to Dead Ant and make his theme "Theme from Pink Panther".

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Maybe they'll change his name to Dead Ant and make his theme "Theme from Pink Panther".

This is excellent.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Well, someone is back from the dead it seems.

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

DM Punk posted:

:stare: oh boy

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Tursas got so good before he retired. I love the big ol guy.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

DM Punk posted:

I think 3.0 are the new Super Smash Brothers of CHIKARA. They will just stopped being booked altogether. I do wonder if some of Shane's crazy tweets are the reaction they got at KOT last year had anything to do with that.

I love 3.0 but tend to not follow people on twitter and don't know about that KOT reaction. What happened?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

DM Punk posted:

So I'm guessing Jervis did some kind of forbidden magic to bring Thunderfrog back and Tursas is hitchhiking on that. Thunderfrog vs. Tursas would be an amazing feud that makes sense given how Tursas went out.

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

Dangerous Person posted:

I love 3.0 but tend to not follow people on twitter and don't know about that KOT reaction. What happened?

One of them really hates women and thinks that none of them should be wrestling or something like that so KOT booed the hell out of them and archibald peck

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Dangerous Person posted:

Said poo poo about female wrestlers always being terrible or something. I feel like this was after a NXT special because that seems to make all the indie dudes mad that the ladies are having cool matches.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

WadeBartender posted:

One of them really hates women and thinks that none of them should be wrestling or something like that so KOT booed the hell out of them and archibald peck

It was so much fun to boo that idiot THREE POINT BOOOOOOO

Parker asked me at the NC show last year if the hate for 3.0 was all Matthews, which it is

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I remember him mentioning the opinion about ladies on a Weekend Escapade back when Steen still did those. He also expressed a like for Nickelback in that video.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

WadeBartender posted:

drat, that's a real shame. I only got into Chikara a few years ago and their matches were one of the things that made me fall in love with the company. Always hate when people I like turn out to be secret dicks.

Also nobody should ever boo Marchie Archie (RIP).

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Archie went on twitter and said "so much for that rub from 3.0 huh"

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

I remember him mentioning the opinion about ladies on a Weekend Escapade back when Steen still did those. He also expressed a like for Nickelback in that video.

Damnit, Shane. I thought he was just a lovable idiot, but it turns out he's a sexist idiot.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Flameingblack posted:

Tursas got so good before he retired. I love the big ol guy.

I hope he just retires/dies every year and always comes back

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Dangerous Person posted:

drat, that's a real shame. I only got into Chikara a few years ago and their matches were one of the things that made me fall in love with the company. Always hate when people I like turn out to be secret dicks.

Also nobody should ever boo Marchie Archie (RIP).

he's not a dick irl, its a couple tweets about a subject that's pretty PC. (not defending the act, as an FYI)

I consider Shane to be one of my closest friends. He's far from what is portrayed i nthe ring or in social media. Remember to make that disconnect when dealing with pro wrestling :)

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?
Kid Cyclone Kevin Condron's a bit salty over not being picked as a captain for the COTI tournament. He sent Quack a private letter over it, and when he didn't respond, Condron made the letter public.

Kevin Condron posted:

Challenge of the Immortals? Really?

Immortals?

This is what you’ve chosen to call your mummer’s farce of a tournament, Director? Is this some sort of sick joke? Did you forget about the three students who still serve as proof that there is no such thing as immortal?

Ignoring the fact that I could beat any one of your captains single-handedly, I can only assume that your choice to not make me a COTI15 captain is a direct response to my manipulative win over Eddie Kingston last month. Seems like your standards are pretty high. Fair enough. I suppose choosing Princess Kimberlee as captain is a direct response to her ability to lose in the YLC Semi-Finals?

Or perhaps you’re just playing favorites? See, the sweet, beautiful Princess makes allllll the kiddies smile. But not mean-old, “Killer” Kevin Condron. Noooo, no, he’s a Rudo! He uses a scary weapon called “The Truth” to make everyone uncomfortable. He doesn’t want a bright and colorful mask to hide his true emotions, his true pain like the rest of them.

And then there’s Ultramantis Black. Maybe the worst one of all. Are you rewarding him for bringing the Eye of Tyr into the fold all those years ago, or did you forget about that too? My former mentor Hallowicked, the only one who actually gave a drat about me is now completely, hopelessly lost to its awesome power. But I suppose we can just let that slide too, right?

I want you to understand, Director, I’m not going anywhere. I’m here to stay. So long as you ignore me this wound will fester. This infection will grow larger and before you know it they’ll be chopping your arm off. Try and pull my strings as hard as you wish, I will not dance for you.

With this letter, I officially withdrawal myself from your convenient distraction of a tournament. How dare you presume me to be a follower. Cling too tightly to your sinking ship, bogged down by your pathetic traditions, Captain and before long you will drown.

Oh and one more thing, I don’t need an absurd draft or an ancient artifact to make others believe in me. All I need are my greatest weapons…my words.

-KC

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

stab posted:

he's not a dick irl, its a couple tweets about a subject that's pretty PC. (not defending the act, as an FYI)

I consider Shane to be one of my closest friends. He's far from what is portrayed i nthe ring or in social media. Remember to make that disconnect when dealing with pro wrestling :)

If you ain't plugging poo poo or talking with other wrestlers, when you make lovely "jokes" to put yourself or gimmick over on social media you're still a dick. Just like the Ethan Page tweets recently. It hurts your cred and in a world where kayfabe is dead on a platform with a bunch of fans either in the know or buying things at face value. Especially if your a face on the indies and tweeting things like that.

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Feb 19, 2015

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Anyone else notice they updated the roster page again, and now it only features the champs (Icarus, Dev Corp, Lovelace) and the support people (Chikarason, Loudspeaker, Remsburg, Barber)?

I'm sort of sad it looks like the Odditorum won't be back. Grimsley and Kefka seemed interesting at the very least. Plus they seemed to be building up to them splitting with Kizarny. Either that or Kizarny was a dick and barely wanted to wrestle for Chikara.

Also as much as I love Osirian Portal, I've really liked the times Ophidian has been a singles wrestler. It feels like he tries a lot harder when it's just him, and takes a backseat to Amasis whenever he's in Portal.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

KungFu Grip posted:

If you ain't plugging poo poo or talking with other wrestlers, when you make lovely "jokes" to put yourself or gimmick over on social media you're still a dick. Just like the Ethan Page tweets recently. It hurts your cred and in a world where kayfabe is dead on a platform with a bunch of fans either in the know or buying things at face value. Especially if your a face on the indies and tweeting things like that.

More importantly if you're gonna do poo poo for heel heat, its gotta have a payoff. I love it when a bad guy says nasty stuff about a certain group of people and the person from that group proceeds to whoop the ever loving poo poo out of them.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

syzpid posted:

Anyone else notice they updated the roster page again, and now it only features the champs (Icarus, Dev Corp, Lovelace) and the support people (Chikarason, Loudspeaker, Remsburg, Barber)?

I'm sort of sad it looks like the Odditorum won't be back. Grimsley and Kefka seemed interesting at the very least. Plus they seemed to be building up to them splitting with Kizarny. Either that or Kizarny was a dick and barely wanted to wrestle for Chikara.

Also as much as I love Osirian Portal, I've really liked the times Ophidian has been a singles wrestler. It feels like he tries a lot harder when it's just him, and takes a backseat to Amasis whenever he's in Portal.

It seems like they're waiting to update the roster page again until after the COTI draft/trade period was over.

I think Qefka was having visa issues which have recently been resolved, so they should be back soon. If they leave Kizarny in a ditch by the side of the road (or fire him into the sun), I'll be happy.

They have been building a story with Ophidian wherein he's doubting the power of the Egyptian Deities. I think after the Portal loses their upcoming tag title shot, we'll see some change and/or a split with the Portal that's more overt than their separate captaincies in COTI.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

The Challenge Of The Immortals teams are now finalized--

The Wrecking Crew - Max Smashmaster (captain), Blaster McMassive, Flex Rumblecrunch, Jaka
Dasher's Dugout - Dasher Hatfield (captain), Mr. Touchdown, Icarus, Heidi Lovelace
The Arcane Horde - UltraMantis Black (captain), Kodama, Obariyon, Oleg the Usurper
The Gentleman's Club - Chuck Taylor (captain), Drew Gulak, Orange Cassidy, Swamp Monster
Nightmare Warriors - Hallowicked (captain), Frightmare, Silver Ant, Blind Rage
Bruderschaft des Kreuzes - Jakob Hammermeier (captain), Soldier Ant, Nøkken, Pinkie Sanchez
Battle Hive - Amasis (captain), Fire Ant, Worker Ant, Ashley Remington
The Snake Pit - Ophidian (captain), Eddie Kingston, Shynron, Argus
United Nations - Juan Francisco de Coronado (captain), Mr. Azerbaijan, Prakash Sabar, the Proletariat Boar of Moldova
Crown & Court - Princess Kimberlee (captain), Jervis Cottonbelly, El Hijo del Ice Cream, Ice Cream Jr.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Jay 2K Winger posted:

The Challenge Of The Immortals teams are now finalized--

The Wrecking Crew - Max Smashmaster (captain), Blaster McMassive, Flex Rumblecrunch, Jaka
Dasher's Dugout - Dasher Hatfield (captain), Mr. Touchdown, Icarus, Heidi Lovelace
The Arcane Horde - UltraMantis Black (captain), Kodama, Obariyon, Oleg the Usurper
The Gentleman's Club - Chuck Taylor (captain), Drew Gulak, Orange Cassidy, Swamp Monster
Nightmare Warriors - Hallowicked (captain), Frightmare, Silver Ant, Blind Rage
Bruderschaft des Kreuzes - Jakob Hammermeier (captain), Soldier Ant, Nøkken, Pinkie Sanchez
Battle Hive - Amasis (captain), Fire Ant, Worker Ant, Ashley Remington
The Snake Pit - Ophidian (captain), Eddie Kingston, Shynron, Argus
United Nations - Juan Francisco de Coronado (captain), Mr. Azerbaijan, Prakash Sabar, the Proletariat Boar of Moldova
Crown & Court - Princess Kimberlee (captain), Jervis Cottonbelly, El Hijo del Ice Cream, Ice Cream Jr.

Man, Ophidian's team totally should have been called Cold Blooded.

Anyway, I think this is a good enough time for me to start a new thread. Expect that in a few.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

They're rolling out updates to the Chikara Roster page. So far, only the champs (Icarus, Blaster, Smashmaster, Heidi) and the members of JFDC's United Nations COTI team, but each wrestler has their own roster page, with links to their Twitter, links to matches posted on Chikara's Youtube page, links to iTunes for their theme song (where appropriate), and EVERY show they've been on that's available through their new Chikaratopia video distribution service.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Is the card for the North Carolina Chikara show available yet?

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Sub Rosa posted:

Is the card for the North Carolina Chikara show available yet?

It's not finalized yet. The shows for Mar 7-8 have the following matches announced:

March 7 - North Carolina
* Chuck Taylor vs Trevor Lee
* COTI Atomicos - The Arcane Horde (Mantis, Batiri & Oleg) vs United Nations (JFDC, Mr. Azerbaijan, Prakash Sabar & The Boar)
* Campeonatos de Parejas 2/3 Falls - The Devastation Corporation defend vs The Osirian Portal

March 8 - Virginia
* Four Corner Eliminator - N_R_G vs ?? vs ?? vs Frightmare & Silver Ant
* Mantis vs Volgar
* COTI Atomicos - Crown & Court (Kimberlee, Jervis & Los Ice Creams) vs The Wrecking Crew (Dev Corp & Jaka)
* Grand Championship - Icarus defends vs Nøkken

Judging by the events pages on ChikaraPro.com, each show will have seven matches.

EDIT TO ADD: Chikara will announce more details about this year's King of Trios on Sunday.

Jay 2K Winger fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Feb 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

New thread is up!

• Locked thread