Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pete Carroll
Jun 28, 2014

ElMaligno posted:

My bike is gonna need new tires, chains and sprockets soon and I would rather have someone more experienced than me change all this poo poo. Anyone knows any goon mechanics near alameda?

Sporttech Cycles is near Willow Glen and I'd recommend them for anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Pete Carroll posted:

That may be the same Grom I spotted over in Campbell.

That helmet look the same? Also I noticed that picture is in Willow Glen, so I assume I've seen you around on your bike as well. What do you ride?

This is totally the same Grom. That rules.

I commute most days on a honda Shadow (white/silver), my first bike. Thinking of moving it along to make room for an FZ-07.

NeuralSpark
Apr 16, 2004

There's a "20th Street Block Party" happening tomorrow in the Mission, and about half of the streets around my house are closed and blocked off. I'm not sticking around for that, so if anyone is up for tooling around in the mountains I'm planning to be at Alice's around 8 AM to get breakfast. Black Dianese leathers at the counter inside.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
If anyone is interested, Harley is bringing their electric bike thing to San Jose around the 11th if you want to see a bunch of disappointed fat men with beards. I signed up to test ride it and just got a confirmation e-mail that I can do so.

mrlego
Feb 14, 2007

I do not avoid women, but I do deny them my essence.
I live between SF state and sf city college. Are there any good large parking lots around here i could practice braking and manuvers?

City college would be perfect if the MSF course didnt already claim that lot for testing.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.

mrlego posted:

I live between SF state and sf city college. Are there any good large parking lots around here i could practice braking and manuvers?

City college would be perfect if the MSF course didnt already claim that lot for testing.

The CCSF parking lot is only used by MSF Saturday & Sunday mornings. Totally empty evenings, although as someone who used to live in those Avalon apartments overlooking the parking lot if you're making a ton of noise someone will call the CCSF cops and shoo you off.

edit:

There's an 80-ish year old guy who lives on my street in Glen Park whose entire life revolves around rotating 20 (not exaggerating) old shitbox cars around. Three Corvairs, bunch of huge Plymouth things, a DeSoto, ElCamino, etc - they're all rusted out, trashed interiors, missing windows, convertibles with no tops, filled with garbage or spare tires. Walking back from a beer run I went past while he was doing his shell game, and he had left the front door of his house open.

Would you believe dude is a hoarder? :gonk:

I don't need the space on my street personally as I have a garage but I'm really tempted to get the petition process started to extend the neighborhood sticker area up the two blocks we'd need to be covered.

DEUCE SLUICE fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Oct 13, 2014

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
There's a big parking lot behind golden gate fields. It can be a little dirty but it's a good place to go to practice.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
In +/-64 days I'll be moving to somewhere near Berkeley.

keep an eye out for a slow big goon on a little KLR.

mrlego
Feb 14, 2007

I do not avoid women, but I do deny them my essence.

DEUCE SLUICE posted:

The CCSF parking lot is only used by MSF Saturday & Sunday mornings. Totally empty evenings, although as someone who used to live in those Avalon apartments overlooking the parking lot if you're making a ton of noise someone will call the CCSF cops and shoo you off.

edit:

There's an 80-ish year old guy...

Would you believe dude is a hoarder? :gonk:

The CCSF lot late afternoon does sound like my best bet. I guess I worry about getting kicked out by campus 5-0, but I'm not going to make too much noise.

Hoarder dude sounds like a cool guy. Probably has a a ton of Jesus Juice he would share.

Z3n posted:

There's a big parking lot behind golden gate fields. It can be a little dirty but it's a good place to go to practice.

I rode my bicycle through GG Fields all the time when I lived in Berkeley. Very good area for motorcycling practice but I've got to work my way up to crossing the bay bridge. Still a stupid newbie to motorcycles.

TheLarson
Oct 14, 2004

PREPARE FOR THE WOODSHED!
BOW BEFORE KING JIGGLES!
I've ridden my poor motorcycle an embarrassingly small number of times since moving to the bay area in August. I guess I need to start trolling BARF for rides. All of the excellent roads appear to be 45 minutes to an hour outside of SF. :(

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Starting around Ocean Beach: get on hwy 1 going south, ride down to Half Moon Bay, take 92 east until you see 35/Skyline blvd on your right, take that road until you hit a cafe called Alice's, eat lunch there, then take the road west to San Gregorio, and when you hit the ocean head back up through Half Moon bay and home.

NeuralSpark
Apr 16, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

Starting around Ocean Beach: get on hwy 1 going south, ride down to Half Moon Bay, take 92 east until you see 35/Skyline blvd on your right, take that road until you hit a cafe called Alice's, eat lunch there, then take the road west to San Gregorio, and when you hit the ocean head back up through Half Moon bay and home. see Pescadero Road on the left, take it and go over the hill through Loma Mar to Pescadero and eat a bowl of green chili soup at Duarte's. Take Stage Road north out of Pescadero to San Gregorio and head home.

Changed that a little bit.

EvilCrayon
Dec 30, 2007
It's been a long time since I've posted. Just wanted to chime in and say if you have a european bike and you live in SF, I now work in the Parts dept at Munroe Motors. Feel free to come on by and shoot the poo poo.

Also does anybody need garage space in the mission? I am thinking about renting out the bottom floor of a house since I might move in with my girlfriend and so my rent money will go towards a garage. I already have on on 14th and Valencia. And if anybody is down to ride at night and split traffic, I like to hit all the tunnels in the city around midnight..

The BARF monthly night rides in SF are hilarious if you're down to back it in and do wheelies. If you're looking for a mellow ride, STAY FAR AWAY.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Ha, I just bought back the ducati, that sounds like it could be useful and/or fun.

I stay far from the squiditude of the night rides, just would rather have my fun be a little more underground.

Kernel
Feb 13, 2012

EvilCrayon posted:

It's been a long time since I've posted. Just wanted to chime in and say if you have a european bike and you live in SF, I now work in the Parts dept at Munroe Motors. Feel free to come on by and shoot the poo poo.

Oh, I remember you were doing motorcycle courier work before. Congrats on the new job. If you're the person I think you are then we've met at Motoshop. You were riding behind me when I incompetently wheelied my KTM 690 back when Motoshop was in south city.

EvilCrayon posted:

Also does anybody need garage space in the mission? I am thinking about renting out the bottom floor of a house since I might move in with my girlfriend and so my rent money will go towards a garage. I already have on on 14th and Valencia.

I have a friend who has a few bikes and is currently seeking garage space in the mission. You might know him since he's another Motoshop regular.

NeuralSpark
Apr 16, 2004

An aside, but I just discovered Motoshop after like 3 years in the Mission and it's loving awesome. Otherwise, I'm currently keeping 3 bikes over at MotoHaus on 14th.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

EvilCrayon posted:

Also does anybody need garage space in the mission? I am thinking about renting out the bottom floor of a house since I might move in with my girlfriend and so my rent money will go towards a garage. I already have on on 14th and Valencia. And if anybody is down to ride at night and split traffic, I like to hit all the tunnels in the city around midnight..

The BARF monthly night rides in SF are hilarious if you're down to back it in and do wheelies. If you're looking for a mellow ride, STAY FAR AWAY.

This sounds cool and next time I visit the Bay with my bike I may drop in.

EvilCrayon
Dec 30, 2007

Kernel posted:

Oh, I remember you were doing motorcycle courier work before. Congrats on the new job. If you're the person I think you are then we've met at Motoshop. You were riding behind me when I incompetently wheelied my KTM 690 back when Motoshop was in south city.

I have a friend who has a few bikes and is currently seeking garage space in the mission. You might know him since he's another Motoshop regular.

Ahh yes, How's your KTM?

I've seen Alex a few times as well (KTM Adventure and a CBR1000?) since he works at the D-store.

You might have seen my banged up Tuono at Motoshop for a quick minute. Don't worry though, I'll be back with a vengeance soon enough.

Kernel
Feb 13, 2012

EvilCrayon posted:

Ahh yes, How's your KTM?

I've seen Alex a few times as well (KTM Adventure and a CBR1000?) since he works at the D-store.

You might have seen my banged up Tuono at Motoshop for a quick minute. Don't worry though, I'll be back with a vengeance soon enough.

It's still my favorite bike.

I ran into him there back when I was living in SF.

I did hear you crashed your Tuono and saw it at Motoshop (right next to the crashed RSV4 and Hawk.) I never got the full story, did you ever get it fixed? Hope you were alright.

adary
Feb 9, 2014

meh
Hey goons.

I will be in the bay area starting November 1st, until the 17th, and I booked a rental bike for November 2nd.

Anyone up for a ride?

Also, any tips for routes are highly appreciated

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

adary posted:

Hey goons.

I will be in the bay area starting November 1st, until the 17th, and I booked a rental bike for November 2nd.

Anyone up for a ride?

Also, any tips for routes are highly appreciated

I won't be up there, but I would like to know who you rented from.

adary
Feb 9, 2014

meh

Chichevache posted:

I won't be up there, but I would like to know who you rented from.

House of Thunder, Morgan Hill.

I am renting a Harley Davidson though, and House of Thunder are a Harley dealership.

FuzzyWuzzyBear
Sep 8, 2003

NeuralSpark posted:

An aside, but I just discovered Motoshop after like 3 years in the Mission and it's loving awesome. Otherwise, I'm currently keeping 3 bikes over at MotoHaus on 14th.

I own the crazy fightered zx10r with the beak in Motohaus. Hi.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

adary posted:

House of Thunder, Morgan Hill.

I am renting a Harley Davidson though, and House of Thunder are a Harley dealership.

Oh, not quite my style, but good to know you can rent from a dealership.

NeuralSpark
Apr 16, 2004

FuzzyWuzzyBear posted:

I own the crazy fightered zx10r with the beak in Motohaus. Hi.

:ninja: I've got the Shadow and Ducati Monster down near the compressor, and the white R6 on stands up front.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilCrayon
Dec 30, 2007

Kernel posted:

It's still my favorite bike.

I ran into him there back when I was living in SF.

I did hear you crashed your Tuono and saw it at Motoshop (right next to the crashed RSV4 and Hawk.) I never got the full story, did you ever get it fixed? Hope you were alright.

So I was going east bound on Market street crossing the infamous 16th st intersection (something like 6 roads all intersect here) and a Ford F250 tried to make a u-turn on Market facing west bound. Well, he couldn't even make the u-turn and was perpendicular across both lanes. I tried to brake as hard as I could and actually remember locking up both the front and rear wheel moments before hitting the truck dead on with my shoulder. Ended up going to the hospital to have my testicles checked because of how hard they hit my gas tank.

Either way, I actually have a complete spare set of OZ wheels and Ohlins suspension. My frame sliders kept everything else in workable shape. The most damage was to the front fairing where it had been shoved so hard back towards the frame that it sheared my ignition cylinder in two. I am currently setting up an appointment to have my frame checked by GP Frame over in Woodland. Trying to decide whether or not I should ship it up or not...

Also good to finally meet some fellow goons at work the other day. You guys really knew how to arrive in style with that streetfightered RC51...

Oh and some crackheads stole a folding ramp and my wheel chock out the back of my truck. I even had them bolted down and the ramp was pad locked so it couldn't unfold. I don't know what anybody plans on doing with the two but I'm not too worried since I can get everything motorcycle related at a decent price.

• Locked thread