Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Should I play this, Galactic Civilizations, or something else If I'm looking for a fun game with an AI that won't get absolutely mangled in a weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Turtlicious posted:

Should I play this, Galactic Civilizations, or something else If I'm looking for a fun game with an AI that won't get absolutely mangled in a weekend.

I've never tried GalCiv, but the AI in CivBE is ... not a challenge.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Turtlicious posted:

This game should be forgotten.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Gort posted:

This game should be forgotten.

Even Cythereal has stopped defending the writing because there's no point, it's just a crappy game.

RIP Beyond Earth, you were a financially successful product for the corporation that made you.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Rakthar posted:

Even Cythereal has stopped defending the writing because there's no point, it's just a crappy game.

Eh, I think it's a fundamentally good but not great game that never could have lived up to fan expectations and indeed did not. It's still my second most played game on Steam behind Civ 5.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
As long as the lessons are learned, and Civ6 is better for them. RIP C:BE.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Civ B.E. would be really good if civ 5 didn't exist for how many years before it lol.

As for galactic civ, I'd say it probably has the best ai of any civilization type game. It's not AMAZING. but it's pretty fun and challenging.

Dragonrah
Aug 22, 2003

J.C. Bearington, III
I would have been perfectly happy with Civ:BE if all they had done was shove space helms on all of Civ 5's leaders and given everything else a scifi feel.

The thing I hate most about the game is the tech web. The few times I've bothered playing a game, I always feel lost while dealing with it.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jastiger posted:

Civ B.E. would be really good if civ 5 didn't exist for how many years before it lol.

As for galactic civ, I'd say it probably has the best ai of any civilization type game. It's not AMAZING. but it's pretty fun and challenging.

Galactic Civ 2 or 3?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
They're both p much the same but with 3 adding a lot of quality of life stuff like easier menus and more responsive politics. So I'd go for 3, but 2 is cheaper

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

I think Rihanna has a song about this.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

I think Rihanna has a song about this.

How and WHY?!

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
...Wait, I can't trade cities or resources in BERT? What the gently caress? I'm coop-playing with my wife, and accidentally took wrong city.

Is there some mod that allows me a combination of old and new?

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Aug 18, 2016

• Locked thread