Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

I heard it, but I don't believe how amazing that was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Pre-listening I hope that either a) there is some official trpg rules or 1) that you used GURPS

I'm gonna be pretty sore if one of those two aren't true.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Just so you guys know, the Dropbox link isn't working.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

VolticSurge posted:

Just so you guys know, the Dropbox link isn't working.

Working on an alternative. Ifffff anyone knows of any, I'm all ears... otherwise, might just upload a full black video on Youtube.

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

That was really, really funny

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

judge reinhold posted:

Working on an alternative. Ifffff anyone knows of any, I'm all ears... otherwise, might just upload a full black video on Youtube.

Mediafire?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

judge reinhold posted:

Soundcloud, maybe?

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

judge reinhold posted:

Soundcloud is probably best for this, since the audio stands alone. Allows for mp3 download and streaming if it's set right.

^ ^ ^ :argh:

Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013
This has only made me realize that there is a critical lack of Sweet Steve miniatures.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Loki_XLII posted:

This has only made me realize that there is a critical lack of Sweet Steve miniatures.

Buy a 3d printer, make your own and then start selling them for :10bux: (There's already a huge market for them)

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
Thanks everybody. I appreciate it.

Here it is. I'll update appropriately.
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/wvttkwdcdf9kt5s/DandDFullAudio.mp3
or
https://soundcloud.com/mendrinkincoffee/danddfullaudio

judge reinhold fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jul 3, 2014

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Redacted for instructional purposes.

Jobbo_Fett fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jul 3, 2014

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Even though it lacked GURPS, I think that ruleset was basically a perfect reproduction of Mindjack so it can qualify as official.

PrinceRandom fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jul 3, 2014

Myrmomancer
May 31, 2014

PrinceRandom posted:

Even though it lacked GURPS, I think that ruleset was basically a perfect reproduction of Mindjack so it can qualify as official.

Agreed. The melee combat is perfectly replicated in this system.

I know of no other system that gets shin kicks so right.

TyreForHyre
Dec 22, 2011

Ask me about capital Ds and how disintegration is totally rad.
I'm so glad to learn this exists, as I now have a reason to model more stuff into Tabletop Simulator:

Sweet Steve may get a face-lift and a proper model sometime soon, but I kinda am growing attached to him being a spherical object that will bounce around the table and never quite stay in one place.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

This last episode made me realize that my life is missing an MDC podcast. Seriously, I'd listen to you three bullshit about just about anything for an hour a week. Make it happen!

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

"What we're dealing with...
is us! Those things look just like us!"

"Speak for yourself, I couldn't look that bad on a bet."
That was wonderful. :awesomelon:

I know you didn't stick closely to pkfan2004's rules for the sake of fun, but I do wish you had incorporated this aspect:

"All citizens of Freehold 08 have special 3-D printers on their belts. They can store things inside of them and print them at will (like ID cards or credits) or draw on a public databank. As a guard you have access to high-tech munitions once you're in control of a body. All citizens occupied by PCs or fighting with them will draw weapons when they enter combat. Roll 1d10 to see what you get."

Pkfan2004 actually managed to come up with an explanation for how civilians spontaneously get guns when you mindjack them! And he included awesome stuff like plasma launchers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random_Username
Jan 1, 2013

Cantorsdust posted:

So final opinion: was MindJack better or worse than Ride to Hell?

judge reinhold posted:

Guys, don't try to evaluate games as they compare to one another. Just try to see them as a microcosm of a universe unto itself. "Don't go chasing waterfalls" - Lyle Fernandez

You're not the boss of me. I bet you're not even a real judge!

Ride to hell is definitely more entertaining on the first swing, but it really gets its value from the fact that we are watching a group of people commentating over it. Ride to Hell gets a lot better when you have friends with you.

Now, on the other hand, if you were forced to go through a single player campaign... I don't know. I agree that Mindjack's AI is garbage, but Ride to hell is occasionally outright broken. Could you imagine playing the sections of Ride to Hell where you have to slowly punch 15 enemies to death because they gave you no environmental kills? Oh, no doubt Mindjack has checkpoint problems as well, but I see it more of an annoying shooter while Ride to Hell is just an enormous grind.

• Locked thread