Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

Glazius posted:

I think you could have made it all the way in that challenge if your greatest adversary the camera didn't pick that time to strike, blocking your view of an incoming enemy until he'd already started to combo you to death?

Also what was up with the purple flames around the army swordsmen? Were they on drugs or something?

I find myself saying 'if you were paying attention they mention this in the video' to you a lot, but if you were paying attention, they mention this in the video. That's this game's targeter.

e;fb

Kobold eBooks fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jul 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Name Is Kaz
Dec 17, 2007

Gurk

Lunethex posted:

Is there any chance you'll continue the series?

I'm currently in the middle of a few projects that take up elpee time. I kinda want to do 2, though I am nowhere near as expert in that game as in this. If anybody wants to make 2, I would gladly host the videos in this thread and guest upon request.

For today, I conclude this game with the following:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h__O5UHANCU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3UzEQmGQ8I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0W8iG3CkNU

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
The male refusal to use Naginata always amused me because the Naginata is one of the few instances where a certain weapon design is just flat out superior to another; Naginata can do everything a spear can do and more, making them definitively superior to a spear in almost all situations. But nope, it's a womans weapon so only women can use it :psyduck:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Well not all situations.
Spears are cheap so you can have a whole bunch, and are plain superior when straight up thrusting.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Neruz posted:

The male refusal to use Naginata always amused me because the Naginata is one of the few instances where a certain weapon design is just flat out superior to another; Naginata can do everything a spear can do and more, making them definitively superior to a spear in almost all situations. But nope, it's a womans weapon so only women can use it :psyduck:

There is no such thing as a weapon that is definitively superior to another in flat-out all situations without bringing in the concept of craftsmanship.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Well not all situations.
Spears are cheap so you can have a whole bunch, and are plain superior when straight up thrusting.

Yeah, there is one situation spears are better than naginatas in - stabbing a dude off of his horse. And that was a fairly important thing to be able to do back in the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
You can stab a dude off a horse just fine with a Naginata, I will give you that a Naginata is more expensive than a Spear though. Certainly it would not have been economically feasible to arm every peasant and his dog with a Naginata, but I was referring more to the Bushi warrior class refusing to use Naginata and using Spears instead because Naginata were a woman's weapon in spite of the fact that Naginata were a demonstratably superior weapon for their usage.

Neruz fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Aug 14, 2014

• Locked thread