Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ithle01
May 28, 2013
Congratulations of finishing HoMM. I really enjoyed following this LP over the months it's taken to complete everything. You going to try Jester next or take a break?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
I'm so bad at this series that an LP was basically my only hope of seeing one of them finished. :bravo:

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

Great LP, Darth TNT! Hope to see you tackle HoMM2 in the future!

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Ithle01 posted:

Congratulations of finishing HoMM. I really enjoyed following this LP over the months it's taken to complete everything. You going to try Jester next or take a break?

inscrutable horse posted:

Great LP, Darth TNT! Hope to see you tackle HoMM2 in the future!

I considered doing a random map, but I think I'll move on to something new. Like this.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Great LP, Darth TNT.

Darth TNT posted:

I considered doing a random map, but I think I'll move on to something new. Like this.

And a Heroes 2 LP?! :aaa: That's amazing!

Darth TNT posted:

Lord Alamar: AKA the guy who tried. As mentioned in the letter, he escaped and went into hiding. He showed up again in Heroes 2 helping Archibald take the throne. Canonically Archibald lost and thus Alamar was forced back into hiding. He then fled to Antagarich, where he joined with their warlocks. He shows up again in Heroes 3, first in prison and later again on the side of the Warlocks. The warlocks failed to win again.
He didn't show up anymore after that, so he either failed to flee through a portal when the planet exploded, or he simply finally died of old age or maybe he fled through a portal and decided to cut his losses and dissappear into history.

Alamar is SHELTEM

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Good LP and you already started the next! I am incredibad at these sorta games (tried that new Kings Bounty, didnt end well).

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school
Congratulations on your mighty victory!

Torrannor posted:

Alamar is SHELTEM

I think this is a different Alamar. That sure isn't the Queen Lamanda from CRON, after all.

That said, Roland and Archibald figure rather heavily in The Mandate of Heaven. As noted, Archibald canonically loses the Succession Wars, and ends up being turned to stone. One of the things you have to do in M&M6 is return him to flash-and-blood, and then get a powerful protective spell from him. When you repel the alien invasion that is the plot of M&M6, that spell is the only thing that prevents the entire planet of Enroth from being destroyed by the reactor core explosion. There's even a separate bad ending if you don't. He then runs off and leads the evil faction in M&M7 off in Erathia. But technically he saved the world in VI, so good show!

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Thanks for the LP, looking forward to the new one!

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

It took a while but you got it done :)

Now onto the fun Heroes game :v:

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)
Well played, Darth TNT, sad that you got Ubisofted, but definitely going to be following the HoMM 2 LP!

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Thanks for doing this LP. Heroes 1 was the only one I ever thoroughly played, so it was nice to see it enjoyed again.

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!
Smashing LP, even if I did miss most of it; hope the second game fairs you well!

Caustic Soda
Nov 1, 2010
Good LP, Darth TNT. Thank you very much for your time :)

Old Grey Guy
Feb 12, 2014
Thanks for this LP, I'm looking forward to HoMM2!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_PC_Snob
Nov 22, 2012

Mario? Never
heard of him.
And so it ends. Remember to follow us on the Heroes II Let's Play:

Heroes of Might & Magic II: These Peasants had a Calcium Rich Diet [SSLP]

Torrannor posted:

Alamar is SHELTEM

Like ManxomeBromide said, that was a different Alamar, likewise the Sandro from the Heroes games is a different one from the Sandro of XEEN. If there's one thing Ubisoft got right, is that these names keep showing up on the Might & Magic canon on different, but very similar, people.

• Locked thread