Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
The entire universe is in peril as um... some really evil mysterious force that will end up being either Darkseid or Brainiac has taken the new Gray Lanterns and drained all amorous emotion out of every sentient force. With the birth rate dropping below zero, is this the end of life as we know it? Or will Rainbow Warrior Hal Jordan have to turn on all of his highball charm and spread his badass seed across the galaxy? IS THIS THE END? OR WILL GREEN LANTERN..... gently caress EVERYTHING.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Hey. This month's issue was pretty good. If the comic is partially turning into more issues of Lemire's Green Arrow I'm very down with that.

I've read two of the other issues so far, Action Comics and Swamp Thing.
Swamp Thing was okay. For what it was, the confrontation was a bit boring, and I didn't like Brightest Day much, so seeing that come back as the big revelation was a let down.
I liked Action Comics even less, which was a drag since I was looking forward to more Solly Fisch Superman.

E: Green Arrow was awesome. That's necessary reading if you were following Lemire's run.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Sep 4, 2014

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Teenage Fansub posted:

Hey. This month's issue was pretty good. If the comic is partially turning into more issues of Lemire's Green Arrow I'm very down with that.

I've read two of the other issues so far, Action Comics and Swamp Thing.
Swamp Thing was okay. For what it was, the confrontation was a bit boring, and I didn't like Brightest Day much, so seeing that come back as the big revelation was a let down.
I liked Action Comics even less, which was a drag since I was looking forward to more Solly Fisch Superman.

Really? I liked the hopeful message on Action Comics and surely will have importance on the main series eventually, Swamp Thing was fantastic, gonna miss Soule when he leaves. The main series was also pretty cool and I found amusing that they alluded about the Billy thing people was complaining here (it seems the heroes were already aware of his actions) I'm getting a bit tired of Brainiac though.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Edge & Christian posted:

The entire universe is in peril as um... some really evil mysterious force that will end up being either Darkseid or Brainiac has taken the new Gray Lanterns and drained all amorous emotion out of every sentient force. With the birth rate dropping below zero, is this the end of life as we know it? Or will Rainbow Warrior Hal Jordan have to turn on all of his highball charm and spread his badass seed across the galaxy? IS THIS THE END? OR WILL GREEN LANTERN..... gently caress EVERYTHING.

A+, would read.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
One of the icons in the SA Forums app looks like a brother eye ... Eye :tinfoil:

I also noticed that FE is dragging E2 into the gutter. Part of what makes E2 a fun read is that some stakes-changing events have played out that really distinguish the world. And while things are tough, they're not hopeless cannibal future grim.

That makes decommissioned Red Tornado all the more sad because she's gone from being an unlikely hero survivor to battered eyeless woman prop in FE...

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
^^ Do not worry they are going to stop the war and these futures will never pass.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Really? I liked the hopeful message on Action Comics and surely will have importance on the main series eventually, Swamp Thing was fantastic, gonna miss Soule when he leaves. The main series was also pretty cool and I found amusing that they alluded about the Billy thing people was complaining here (it seems the heroes were already aware of his actions) I'm getting a bit tired of Brainiac though.

If Action Comics had any importance on the main title they would have had the writer of the book write it, not a guest one.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

bobkatt013 posted:

If Action Comics had any importance on the main title they would have had the writer of the book write it, not a guest one.

The main title as, The Future's End weekly, it seems it will have some bearing into Superman's characterization (and eventual return to superheroics)

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

The main title as, The Future's End weekly, it seems it will have some bearing into Superman's characterization (and eventual return to superheroics)

Then forgotten about as this timeline will be wiped out. The only titles that are interesting are ones that are written by the normal writers and are hints about what future storylines hold or capstones to runs. Its like any other gimmick month for DC.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

bobkatt013 posted:

Then forgotten about as this timeline will be wiped out. The only titles that are interesting are ones that are written by the normal writers and are hints about what future storylines hold or capstones to runs. Its like any other gimmick month for DC.

:confused:

But the weekly series will continue until March (or is April?, I forgot) and as the GA one showed, they're still tied to the weekly narrative.

horsepeen
Sep 21, 2010

Christian Financial Adviser

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

But the weekly series will continue until March (or is April?, I forgot) and as the GA one showed, they're still tied to the weekly narrative.

Wow, I didn't realize this went for another 7 or 8 months. My guess is that DC will use Futures End to lead up to whatever Crisis on Infinite Earths event ("Finite Earths," if they're sticking to the F.E. theme) that'll happen next summer. Maybe that will reset the timeline.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Yeah but the threat will be beaten and the future shown in Futures End will be gone.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

bobkatt013 posted:

Yeah but the threat will be beaten and the future shown in Futures End will be gone.

So? The Weekly has finally got interesting and at least there the one shots will bear significance. I mean, for that metric why bother reading comics at all? The good guys will always win on the end.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

So? The Weekly has finally got interesting and at least there the one shots will bear significance. I mean, for that metric why bother reading comics at all? The good guys will always win on the end.

Yes only a couple of one shots will be significant. The rest will just be elseworlds. Yes they will win at the end but the battle will have significance in the next issue. This is not.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

bobkatt013 posted:

Yes only a couple of one shots will be significant. The rest will just be elseworlds. Yes they will win at the end but the battle will have significance in the next issue. This is not.

Well, Future's End as whole is just a massive elseworld so I'm pretty satisfied with the one shots, in a way I feel this is how they should've handled the Flashpoint minis.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

FilthyImp posted:

One of the icons in the SA Forums app looks like a brother eye ... Eye :tinfoil:

I also noticed that FE is dragging E2 into the gutter. Part of what makes E2 a fun read is that some stakes-changing events have played out that really distinguish the world. And while things are tough, they're not hopeless cannibal future grim.

That makes decommissioned Red Tornado all the more sad because she's gone from being an unlikely hero survivor to battered eyeless woman prop in FE...

Speaking of which can anyone tell me what this issue was about?? I read it three times and it was still coming off as moon language backwards, easily the worst issue since the introduction of Alan Grant's fiance turned explosion all in a few panels.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Jiro posted:

Speaking of which can anyone tell me what this issue was about?? I read it three times and it was still coming off as moon language backwards, easily the worst issue since the introduction of Alan Grant's fiance turned explosion all in a few panels.
I'm mixing up E2:FE and this week's FE, but...

Sloan is Alexander Luthor or something. He's proof of the existence of Many Worlds since the Amazeogoggles didnt categorize him as an Earther or a filthy E2Dryback (lol). So more militarization.

All the E2 Heroes were jailed on FIFTY SUE's island and implanted with biochips to keep tabs on them like tagged pets, but BROTHER EYE nanohacked them somehow and they grew and now they're under his control

Meanwhile, it seems Sloan. Or ARGUS. Or another SHADOWY ORGANIZATION has been harvesting tech from the E2 war and is keeping Lois Lane: Red Tornado in a pentagon version of Boxing Helena, only HE TOOK HER EYES, HE TOOK HER EYES! too.

Mr. Terrific is written oddly since he's not Kanye Westing around... but apparently he's had contact with SourceTech, and Super Genius E2 Jimmy Olsen turned into the wheelchair ridden Metatron analogue from SEVEN SOLDIERS, complete with Motherbox-locked-in-RubixCube form.

So in something that seems written by a 12 year old Mr. Terrific's TERRIFITEC ORBS, working with the New Gods Source Powered Tech, corrupted by Brother Eye, under the influence of Brainiac, in conjunction with the reverse vampires all wraps together to lead to our wonderful nanomachine future.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

FilthyImp posted:

I'm mixing up E2:FE and this week's FE, but...

Sloan is Alexander Luthor or something. He's proof of the existence of Many Worlds since the Amazeogoggles didnt categorize him as an Earther or a filthy E2Dryback (lol). So more militarization.

Seriously??? Again? Another one that happens to be evil with a weird rear end Joker smile. Didn't Forever Evil (didn't read it didn't care) have an Alexander Luthor that was some kind of Peter Petrelli type with a poo poo ton of gathered powers from people? Is this new Luthor a son of Lex or just an alternate Luthor? Seriously is this event worth waiting for trade?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I dunno where he's getting Luthor from. We just find out that E2 Sloan isn't a native E2er (or his apparent hopping all over the multiverse might have messed it up?) Didn't E2 #0 have stuff about him and Apokolips? I can't remember his exact deal.

This guy is running the upcoming E2 weekly, so I assume we'll see how Jimmy got his mother box and all that.

e: Oh, handy. Here's an interview with him about this issue and the weekly http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2014/09/01/daniel-h-wilson-earth-2-futures-end-comic-book-exclusive/14925713/

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Sep 5, 2014

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Teenage Fansub posted:

I dunno where he's getting Luthor from. We just find out that E2 Sloan isn't a native E2er (or his apparent hopping all over the multiverse might have messed it up?) Didn't E2 #0 have stuff about him and Apokolips? I can't remember his exact deal.

This guy is running the upcoming E2 weekly, so I assume we'll see how Jimmy got his mother box and all that.

e: Oh, handy. Here's an interview with him about this issue and the weekly http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2014/09/01/daniel-h-wilson-earth-2-futures-end-comic-book-exclusive/14925713/

Yeah, and Sloan is doing some kind of "The One" kind of shenanigans since his dialogue implies he's found and killed other versions of him before. The thing it got me more of this issue is how exactly fits with the weekly since Terrific here's a straight up hero and not the douche working with Brother Eye.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Just saw in this week's shipping thread post that JL United:FE is out this week.
Cool. A two-parter from Jeff Lemire with JL:FE involving the LoSH.

Only, it's Pt2 and JL:FE's Pt1 is out next week. :rolleyes:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
This week's reveal with the hybrid JokerBatman really went full retard. Christ almighty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001

FilthyImp posted:

This week's reveal with the hybrid JokerBatman really went full retard. Christ almighty.

I thought it was pretty funny. We're reaching the halfway point of the story, it's really time for some more off-the-wall poo poo.

• Locked thread